R: Escarole with Italian Sausage and while beans

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
ESCAROLE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEANS

I got this one from a friend and will be trying it this week. Think my husband will really like it.

3 tablespoons olive oil
12 Italian sausages (about 3 pounds), casings removed
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 large head escarole, chopped (about 10 cups)
3/4 cup dry white wine
4 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
1 cup chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sauté sausage until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 6 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl, leaving drippings in pot. Reduce heat to medium; add onion to pot and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add prosciutto and sauté 1 minute. Mix in garlic and crushed red pepper. Add escarole and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook 2 minutes. Add beans, stock and sausage and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Top with grated Parmesan, if desired.

Serves 12 as a side-dish or 6 as main-course.

I thought it said escargo....you know those little critters that live in a shell..........well anyways......this recipe sounds fantastic..........thanks

Pumba!!!

LOL - thanks for the laugh.

Hmmm Escargo with sausage and beans? Nope I like my escargo with butter and garlic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter