R: Breakfast potatoes?

tkyes

<font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c
I am having a baby shower on Sunday and need something to go with my meal.

Here's what I'm having:

Ham and egg bake
fresh fruit
bagels and cream cheese
mini cream puffs

maybe

banana bread and lemon poppyseed bread
breakfast potatoes

here's my question - do you think the potatoes are the right thing or what else do you think I should have?

I have a bag of small red potatoes, what can I do with those for a brunch? If I chop them up and throw them on the stove, what kind of seasonings would you guys use?

Any ideas for me??

:)
tamie

I like my new potatoes cut up and boiled with crab boil seasoning but somehow I don't think that will go well with your other choices ;) Since you're asking the DIS board why not make Cinderella's Breakfast Au Gratin Potatoes. Here's the recipe:

Cinderella’s Au Gratin Potatoes

1/4 t. garlic salt
1/4t. white pepper
1/2t. salt (optional)
3 cups milk
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
4 cups diced and cooked potatoes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup fresh and cooked bacon bits
1/2 cup diced onions
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Dice and cook the potatoes. Dice onions. Gather remaining ingredients.

Melt butter. Add onion and saute. Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and stir to make a paste. Cook for 5 minutes.

Add 3 cups milk. Stir till lumps are gone. Cook mixture 10 minutes and continue stirring. Add potatoes, cheese and seasonings.Mix until cheese ismelted.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.Serves 6.

This can be prepared early and frozen or refridgerated.

Oh, now that does it! Guess what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow!

Cheryl :bounce:

I find a general Italian seasoning mix with garlic salt and chopped onions to make a good potatoe side dish for breakfast

Both of these choices sound yummy! You can also cook the potatoes with the Lipton dry soup and oil. I think the recipe is on the liption Recipe Secrets packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter