Quote from Dreams Unlimited!!!

Cruiselovers1967

Earning My Ears
I recently posted concerning "sticker shock" at the price of a 7 day Eastern Cruise for a family of 5.

I took the advice of people here on the board and got an online quote from dreams unlimited.

The problem is.....is the quote in US or CDN dollars? It does not say!!

Obviously, this makes a big difference! If it is CDN dollars, it is THOUSANDS of dollars less than my TA quote. If it is in US dollars, it is THOUSANDS of dollars more!

My info when I submitted clearly said I was from Canada...what do you all think the Quote would be in...CDN or US dollars? I have called them, but they are closed for the weekend!

Thanks,

Trevor

Trevor:

The quote from DU will be in US funds.

We went on a 7 day eastern this past Nov. With a family of 5 we had 2 connecting CAT 10's, which worked out well for us. This was considerably cheaper than going with the Cat 4 room. In my situation the DU rate with the rebate, that was offered at the time, was cheaper than any quote from local TA.

It's in US dollars. We are booked on a cruise in October through DU. The cost even with the exchange rate was cheaper than anything I could find here in Canada. Part of the reason is the fact that we are driving and a lot of the packages from travel agents here included air fare and didn't deduct much when I said we didn't want the air fare. Just my experience.

Cdnmickeylover

We booked our cruise through DU and it was in US dollars. The best thing is... I was checking the Disney prices and for the category we purchased, the price actually went down by $460 USD. I contacted DU and they credited my credit card by that amount. I don't know if other travel agencies do that or not...

Hi Cruiselovers1967

Everyone who has repsonded is correct - all of the quotes from Dreams Unlimited is in US dollars.

I am concerned that the quote you received from DU was thousands of dollars more than what you received elsewhere. Can I suggest you email the DU agent who provided you with the quote and share the pricing your received? Perhaps there is something he or she missed and might be able to get the pricing more in line than what you have received elsewhere - and maybe even get it cheaper with the rebate.

It can't hurt to ask ;)

Thanks
John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter