Quietest Deluxe or Moderate

What's a security check? You've got me nervous someone's going to show up in the room at nap time (1 to 2pm - 4pm).
Yes, very possible! Make your concerns known upon arrival, let them know that you do not welcome "security" pounding on your door or entering your room during those hours.

As mentioned it all depends on how considerate (or inconsiderate) your neighbours are. I’ve had mostly good stays, only once had the neighbour from hell at POR letting her kids run up & down the walkways screaming. The only time Iwas glad it was my last day there. Had a split stay and was leaving for WL the next morning.
I had a pool view at AKL and WL and never heard anything with balcony door shut. Including boat horn at WL.
Then there was the man talking loudly on his cell phone on the balcony, sound seems to travel well as he wasn’t particularly near. While I was trying to have some relaxing time reading. It was impossible. Could hear his entire phone conversation.
It would be nice if adults were, adults! And understand the meaning of inside voices and realize hotel rooms and halls aren’t playgrounds for their children.

The most quiet deluxes, for me, have always been: Grand Floridian and the garden wing of Contemporary.

The most quiet moderate: maybe none. I have always and only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. I think when it comes to moderates, possibly the units on the outer edges would be further from all the noise. And yes, of course, it depends on neighbors.

I'm not a light sleeper so I feel like the Poly is a really quiet and tranquil. BUT I've never stayed in a room facing the monorail - so that might change things.

We stayed at Caribbean beach here recently and it was VERY quiet.

The one with zero, or at least courteous neighbors. There is no one resort that is going to always be quieter than another. It all depends on other guests.

That is so true! I can remember the year we were at Wilderness Lodge, when the World Cup of soccer was held in the middle of the night US time. Our next door neighbors were BIG Soccer fans I guess and they woke us up almost every night. Another noisy resort for me was BWV. DH is a very light sleeper, yet whenever we've stayed at BCV, he comments on how quiet it is. More than likely we've just been lucky. My point is, like the above comment, every resort can be either quiet or noisy, depending on your neighbors. Frankly, some people have no consideration for others around them.

Like everyone said before, it is dependent on the type of neighbours you get. Any resort could be quiet if people were respectful of their neighbours. Having said that, I find that AKL Kidani Village to be one of the quietest resorts. IMHO

We stayed on the third floor of a mansion building at POR last August, and we never heard or saw another person on our floor or in our building the entire 6 days we were there. It was the most quiet experience we've ever had.

POR was our quietest, I think. We booked a preferred room, and I requested a corner room. We ended up on a far corner of building 18. There was absolutely no reason to walk by our room to get to any other room. We were also on the 2nd floor. BWV was fine, Wilderness Lodge was fine, Polynesian (club level) was fine. Loudest was probably Yacht Club. We were near the elevator and the sound really seemed to carry right into our room. There was also construction at that time, but it wasn't too bad, really. I noticed the noise more when I was on the balcony.

I am a pretty light sleeper so I feel you! I've had a lot of luck with the Epcot resorts and AKL. I usually request an upper room that is quiet. HTH

However, as @dansdad stated, quiet is most definitely a function of your neighbors. The resort is not monitoring the decibel level of guests in the rooms and hallway (as far as I know). So while it could be “quiet” from an operations standpoint, it could be very noisy from an other guests standpoint.

FWIW, I was just at AllStarSports and had no noise issues, even with a soccer tournament finishing up. I was preferred and in Surfs Up, but facing the pools. Granted, I did not go back to nap, but I was back briefly a couple of times while the pool was open just to drop off things between parks, and did not hear pool noise in my room. Just putting that out there because the Values get a lot of hate for being noisy.

Last edited:
We have had good luck at the Contemporary. I read that each room is poured concrete and was put in place like a puzzle. Never a noisy neighbor problem there. Our favorite moderate quiet room is at French Quarter, king room, 3rd floor, building 1.

We had zero guest noise at POFQ--building 2, river view, 3rd floor, the end away from the pool. However the other two floors of the building weren't open for guests yet, so occupancy in the building was low--there were definitely other occupied rooms on our floor, but we never saw anyone else up there!

The riverboats blow their horns as they drive by, which was noticeable within the room. It didn't keep any of us from sleeping, but it's one of those noises that might bother you occasionally.

The Contemporary is very quiet. A little noise from the monorail if your on a lower floor theme park side and of course fireworks at MK. The Bay Lake view side is ultra quiet. Never have we heard neighbors or kids running the halls. The rooms have their own walls, not shared walls so this may be why we never heard anyone next to us.

We've always had great luck at POFQ and CBR with quiet rooms. We've always just happened to have first floor rooms that do not face the pools and have had no problems with mid-day naps or early bed times when our kids were smaller. I think the deluxes tend to be more noisy with the interior hallways, but that's just my opinion.

I agree. We have stayed at POR and CBR, but always second floor rooms, and they were super quiet. I've only stayed at the Poly for deluxe, and the interior hallways made things very noisy. That resort as a whole is super busy. I loved it, but it was not quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter