quiet times at tokyo disney?

Neha

Earning My Ears
hi,

When is the quietest time at tokyo disney? i've looked at the crowd calender but cant any times that are 'white=empty'. I can only see light blue 'vacant' times. How are ride times during 'vacant' time periods?

Recently we visited hong kong disneyland and ride times were 5 minutes except for the dumbo ride/pooh ride and autotopia which were 20minutes most days. Are there any times like this at tokyo disney? Would love to visit but can't stand in lines for long long times with small kids.

hi,

When is the quietest time at tokyo disney? i've looked at the crowd calender but cant any times that are 'white=empty'. I can only see light blue 'vacant' times. How are ride times during 'vacant' time periods?

Recently we visited hong kong disneyland and ride times were 5 minutes except for the dumbo ride/pooh ride and autotopia which were 20minutes most days. Are there any times like this at tokyo disney? Would love to visit but can't stand in lines for long long times with small kids.

Don't think you will get anything as low as 5 minutes except at the opening of the park as TDR and HKDL are two very different parks when it comes to crowds. One of the better choices is right after Golden Week in Japan ends as most will have finished going to TDR and head back to work/school afterward.

hi,

Sorry to tell you it is going to be busy with long lines just about all the time…

You need to take that in stride and study how to make the most of Disney Tokyo because it is a fantastic resort..I believe the best in the world.
If you can go on a Tuesday tru Friday that is the best. Avoid weekends at all costs. Avoid August. The slowest time by stats was Tuseday tru Friday the first week in January. Next week in April is the second slowest time period. Eary June as well…thats when I would go early June.
If you can afford the MiraCosta, Ambassador and DLH that is your best bet as go get early entry perks. Be wise…use single rider lines for the three attractions that have them…study the Japanese strategy of heading to Toystory at gate drop fast pass it, hop in SB, then SB ToT, then right to Center of the Earth…about ann hour SB by then…the japanese are very efficient and the long SB lines move well and are actually fun!…nap at the hotel…go on rides when the parade just finishes or slightly before…with a little smarts you can manage the crowds ..I did just fine in a day and a half….good luck

I'm going next Tuesday to DisneySea. I will let you know how the lines look. Many Japanese schools start their new school year next week, so I'm hoping it week be on the slow side. Slow time at TDR is still busy, especially compared to slow times at Disneyland in Anaheim.

I was at Tokyo Disney in January a few years ago, and was there in August last year. It was quieter than summer months for sure, but there were still long lines for rides.

Tokyo is very cold in January, especially when you have to walk in the park and wait in some of those outdoor lines. It gets dark quite early in the afternoon as well. But if you really want to shoot for lower crowds, January is a better choice.

Sorry to tell you it is going to be busy with long lines just about all the time…

You need to take that in stride and study how to make the most of Disney Tokyo because it is a fantastic resort..I believe the best in the world.
If you can go on a Tuesday tru Friday that is the best. Avoid weekends at all costs. Avoid August. The slowest time by stats was Tuseday tru Friday the first week in January.

The first week in January worked well for us this year. We spent Jan 8th and 9th there, and it was chilly, but we didn't mind wearing coats and gloves in the mornings, and by lunch, the gloves were not needed. Although there were long lines at DisneySea for Toy Story, we didn't even try to ride that, and rode ToT twice, once with a fast pass, and didn't wait more than 20 minutes for anything else. My family said that DisneyLand had been the same the day before, but I had been really sick and missed that day. We had been there in March the year before and DisneySea was packed with students there on some special promotional rate. January was MUCH better.

Considering the weather and the crowd level, the week right before and right after the golden week are I think the best time to go (Golden week is usually 4/29 ~ 5/5 - 5/6 for this year). Based on my experience, the week right before was better than right after. Tues ~ Thurs are less crowded than Fri ~ Mon. Sat is the worst.

The rainy season starts in June, so if the weather is important (especially if you have little kids) for your family, I would not recommend it. The rainy season is miserable. Humid, muggy and hot. You'll sweat for doing nothing... Average rainy season in Tokyo area is 6/8 ~ 7/21.

It's 10am here at TDS and it's over 140 minutes stand by for toy story mania. The line to get fast passes for it is over 30 minutes. I'm currently in a 50 minute line for ToT. I'm starting to think this park is never quiet!

It's 10am here at TDS and it's over 140 minutes stand by for toy story mania. The line to get fast passes for it is over 30 minutes. I'm currently in a 50 minute line for ToT. I'm starting to think this park is never quiet!

A lot of kids have a day off today and the rest of the week is still early release. Maybe next week might be better though. Hope you still have fun despite the crowds Tinibee! It should clear out a bit in the evening hopefully!

I guess compared to going on a Japanese holiday, it hasn't been too bad. All the rides had at least a 20+ minute wait, with the usual super long line e-ticket rides. Lots of ride issues/temp closures today, ToT, Indy, Jttcote and Sinbad

Alas, I won't be back to TDR for a bit. I'll be returning to the states for part of the summer and of course Disneyland. I'll try not to be too hard on Anaheim after spending so much time at TDR (just kidding) ;-)

gosh, i guess its never quiet! tinibee - will you be doing a trip report? wouuld love to see it. :thumbsup2

I guess compared to going on a Japanese holiday, it hasn't been too bad. All the rides had at least a 20+ minute wait, with the usual super long line e-ticket rides. Lots of ride issues/temp closures today, ToT, Indy, Jttcote and Sinbad Alas, I won't be back to TDR for a bit. I'll be returning to the states for part of the summer and of course Disneyland. I'll try not to be too hard on Anaheim after spending so much time at TDR (just kidding) ;-)

Tinibee have fun at DLR!

gosh, i guess its never quiet! tinibee - will you be doing a trip report? wouuld love to see it. :thumbsup2

Actually today is pretty quite at TDL. The longest wait right now is 40 minutes. Most kids are back on the normal school schedule from today. The quietest times when attractions like Pooh are down to 15 minutes are unfortunately usually during times you can not plan for. This is usually during inclement weather such as a typhoon or blizzard which will stop the trains from running in the morning time.

Is there any way to find out the school calendar for Japan? We have three options for when we can go; Christmas break, early July-mid August or the last two weeks of March. From what I can see, all three times will be very busy so we will likely go in March since we don't want either very cold or very hot weather. It looks like the end of March is school break time there, but is there any way to find out exact dates since we may have a bit of flexibility and we'd like to pick the best March days possible.

You can use Japanese calendar, but if you are worried about TDR crowds, it's better to use the Crowd calendar like this one as they already consider the Japanese school calendar and more.

Is there any way to find out the school calendar for Japan? We have three options for when we can go; Christmas break, early July-mid August or the last two weeks of March. From what I can see, all three times will be very busy so we will likely go in March since we don't want either very cold or very hot weather. It looks like the end of March is school break time there, but is there any way to find out exact dates since we may have a bit of flexibility and we'd like to pick the best March days possible.
This wil tell you everything you need to know about crowd levels and ride wait times and fast pass sell out times. Its up dated every day and very helpful.
I went March 19 and with a little planning it was wonderful. See my trip report and movie.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3252318
http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland?lang=en

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter