Quiet place to hang out on Oasis class ships?

todd222222

Mouseketeer
Hi -
We are new to cruising.

We took an Alaskan cruise last June on Radiance of the Seas and had a fantastic time. Our party, 12 of us, hung out in the Colony Club most days. There wasn't much going on in there, sometimes they did presentations about upcoming ports or culture presentations, but mostly it was quiet during the day. It was great, we treated it as our "home base" - our kids would come and go but the adults would hang and talk.

So we just got back from a week on NCL's Breakaway, and while we had a great time, we never did find a nice place to hang out during the day that was quiet.

So my question is - is what we are looking for not really exist? Were we "lucky" on finding the Colony Club on the Radiance of the Seas?

Do places you can hang out and talk without lots of noise exist on cruise ships in General? (Mostly interested about during the day, I know we won't find this at night. )

And specifically, do they exist on the Oasis class ships? I'm very interested in taking a cruise on one of these ships, but would like to know this?

Thanks!
Todd

We were on the Allure last summer and the Promenade Cafe and almost anywhere in Central Park were pretty quite during the day. Also, very aft along the running track, there are some chairs and it is very quite there. There is also a library on deck 11 right outside the aft elevators that was empty almost every time we by.

Another place is the card room on deck 14 right outside the aft elevators. There were people there playing chess or cards, so still very quite.

Another place is the card room on deck 14 right outside the aft elevators. There were people there playing chess or cards, so still very quite.
That can vary greatly though. On my Allure trip last year it was quite quiet. But on Harmony the year before people were playing mah jong a lot. Trust me when I say that there is no such thing as a quiet game of MJ. The tiles make noise, the players do a lot of trash talking and grunting, etc.

As for quiet spots, deck 5 (running track) is pretty quiet and has a nice ocean view when you're traveling. Bonus: easy access to pizza, sandwiches, water and coffee.

Central Park is also quiet, but no oceanview.

Central Park!!!! The Park Cafe is there to get iced tea, water, coffee, food, cookies,etc. There are chairs, benches and tables around. Great for people watching! On a cruise with Aunts and cousins we would meet there at 3:00- for anyone who didn’t have any plans(Allure). On Harmony we had 6 seniors and it was great too! Get a balcony overlooking Central Park ( if more adults) or get a balcony over the Boardwalk ( has this both times). You will love it!!!!

Don't know about all Oasis class ships, but when there wasn't any activities or art auctions Boleros was pretty quiet durning that daytime. Don't know if you'd find a venue that is quiet all the time on Oasis class, you'd probably find one for day and a different one for evening

I was just on Oasis a week ago (miss it already), our favorite quiet spots were in the park under the glass overhangs, and of course out on the balcony.

Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!