Quick Service

Kleese

Mouseketeer
Please name your favorite quick service in each park and what’s your favorite things to order there. We’ve always done restaurants so I need y’all help! I promised the husband to do this trip on a budget, lmao. I am trying my best!!

Mk-pecos bill (beef nachos)

Hs-backlot express (chicken and waffles, burgers, chocolate-peanut butter cupcake)

Epcot-sunshine seasons (I can’t remember what I got here but they have lots of choices)

Ak-satuli canteen (chicken and rice bowl)

MK: Columbia Harbor House - Tuna Sandwich
HS: Backlot Express - Cuban Sandwich (This answer would have recently been the Mojo Pulled Pork Sandwich at Fairfax Fare until the Cuban showed up at BE.)
EPCOT: Tangerine Cafe - Shawarma Lamb Platter (Tokyo Sushi Combo at Katsura Grill is a close second)
AK: Satu'li Canteen - Any of the Satu'li Bowls

MK BOG roast beef sandwich
Epcot there’s so much to eat we usually share dishes to try more. Tangierine Cafe, easy to share a chicken and lamb plate; Yorkshire Fish Shop- fish and chips; Chorza de Margarita- guacamole, empanadas
HS- I don’t usually eat CS here
Animal Kingdom- Satuli Canteen roast beef and potato hash with creamy herb dressing.

MK - Columbia Harbour House - Fried Fish Platter or Lobster Roll
Epcot - So many good options in world showcase
HS - Not much CS here so backlot is best bet
AK - Flametree BBQ!!!!!!!!

MK-Columbia Harbor House- Lobster Roll
EP-La Cantina de San Angel- Chicken tacos and nachos
HS-Backlot Express- Nothing specific. Offers the most variety for my family.
AK-Flame Tree BBQ- Sampler platter

Last edited:
MK: Cosmic Ray's Rotiserie half chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans
Epcot: Mexican Cantina: Tacos
AK: Flame Tree BBQ -Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese or Pulled Pork loaded fries
Studios: Woodys Lunchbox Brisket Grilled cheese

MK -
honestly the chili queso waffle fries at Golden Oak Outpost in Frontierland is my favorite thing to eat for lunch
my favorite restaurant is Pecos Bill. I get the carnitas nachos. The toppings bar with unlimited toppings can really stretch your meal into a very filling one! My boyfriend sometimes just orders a side of fajita chicken meat and then makes it into a taco salad at the toppings bar. Super cheap. It also has inside seating which is a plus.​
EPCOT -
Electric Umbrella - the self serve soda machines saves us a ton - we are a family of 6 but we can order 2 sodas instead of 6 and share since we can refill. I like the brisket sandwich but the burgers are good too. Also, indoor seating.​
AK -
I go back and forth between Satuli Canteen and Flame Tree BBQ. I love BBQ and that is the only reason I can't decide. The food at Satuli is AMAZING and also has self service soda machines for refills. The kids hot dog wrapped in crescent rolls is all of their favorites. The bowls are delicious. The desserts are unique and amazing. Inside seating.​
HS -
We always find ourselves at Backlot Express for the self serve soda machines again. The cuban and the chicken club are both good to me. Also, indoor seating.​

MK- in no particular order
BOG- French Dip sandwich/ Kid's grilled cheese meal/ croque monsieur
Columbia Harbor House- trio platter/ Harbor salad (with chicken or shrimp)
Sleepy Hollow- waffle sandwich (either one- nutella and fruit or spicy chicken)
Pecos Bill- chicken or pork nachos

AK-
Harambe Market- sausage or gyro
Satuli Canteen- chicken, beef, or combo bowl with any base and sauce, kid's hot dog meal

HS-
Fairfax Fare- pulled pork sandwich, or rice bowls

Epcot- we usually just snack all over

MK: Columbia Harbor House - Tuna Sandwich or Salmon
EPCOT: Les Halles - everything
AK: Satuli Canteen - Beef, Hash, Creamy Herb Bowl
DHS: don't eat CS here

MK- Aloha Isle......Dole Whip!!!

Epcot- really depends on what cuisines you like as there are so many great QS and TS in this park. We love Katsuri Grill, Sommerfest, Yorkshire County Fish, and Les Halles looks good (haven't eaten there yet).

AK-Mr. Harambe's. Lots of good choices; choose what makes you happy:).

HS- ABC Commissary. Nice sized portions of salmon, chicken and rib plates. Also offers brown rice.

MK: Pecos Bill's- chicken nachos
AK: Flame Tree- bbq platter to share between multiple people
HS: ABC Commissary or Backlot- I find them both about the same- ABC has more inside seating though
Epcot: Too many to pick! Les Halles, Yorkshire Fish Shop, Sunshine Seasons. If there's a festival going on, we usually snack around the world showcase.

We like places where we can get food more similar to what we eat at home, due to food sensitivities and because we're vegetarian, so we often pick and choose a lot. We may grab one item from 3 different places and have a kind of walking, grazing meal, so to speak. It's just what works for us right now because our one son is not a fan of long sit down meals, and 8-12 days of them would be unfair to him and unpleasant for everyone else. So with the exception of one character meal and one meal where we'll be meeting up with local friends, we're planning only room meals and park/resort QS meals.

Some of the places that we tend to go back to are:

MK: Columbia Harbor House. It has more than one standard vegetarian offering, which is pretty great, so we stick with it.
Pecos Bill. We can get all sorts of options here....tacos, fajitas, rice bowls, even veggie nachos.

AK: We tend to check out Harambe market & Yak & Yeti for whatever veggie options they currently have. We like the Harambe fruit market for snacks. And this is where we will likely try for a character meal, because Tusker House's buffet works really well for us. :)

HS: HS has previously been the toughest place for us. We've gone to Backlot Express for salads and the Anaheim Produce stand for snacks. Although we've also gone to the Sci-Fi Dine-in since the themeing makes up for it being a sit-down place for our son. But things are changing in HS (under-statement, huh?), and we see new plant-based options slated for SWGE. :)

EPCOT: EPCOT's a pretty big win for us just because there is just so much variety and so many individual places to go to. If you can find even one item that works per place, at 50% of the places, you've got waaaay more food than you'll ever need. That being said, we definitely like Sunshine Seasons & Tangierine Cafe as a rule for having slightly more plant-based options for us to choose from. :) We love the Veggie Platter at Tangierine and we like that they have plenty of different sides as well. :)

MK - Harbour House - Fried Fish Platter or Lobster Roll. The Clam Chowder is pretty good.
HS - Backlot Express - Cuban Sandwich.
Epcot - there are three: Sommerfest - Bratwurst and a Schofferhofer. Les Halles Boulangerie - Jambon Beurre and Creme Brulee. Katsura Grill - food is just fair but this is a great place to sit in a quiet place.
AK - Flame Tree - The Sampler

My favorite QS restaurants are...
-BOG
-Cosmic Ray's
-Sunshine Seasons
-Woody's Lunch Box
-Ear of Sandwich

Not gonna give my favorite things at each place since that is so subjective and you can go look at the menus and decide for yourself.

MK Columbia or Pecos Bill
EPCOT Sunshine Seasons, generally just graze the kiosks in WS
HS Backlot if I have to pick one, haven't tried Woodys Lunchbox, but it looks interesting
AK Satu'Li or Flametree
DS Polite Pig

Do any quick service places have inside seating room? I am completely ignorant when it comes to quick service. Thank y’all for ur help! I’ve looked at these menus and they sound yummy!!

Last edited:
Do any quick service places have inside seating room? I am completely ignorant when it comes to quick service. Thank y’all for ur help! I’ve looked at these menus and they sound yummy!!
Yes many do. Just a couple examples are Be Our Guesst, Pinochio Village Haus, Cosmic Ray's, Sunshine Seasons Food Court, Electric Umbrella,.... and many more.

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House (either of the sandwiches, especially the one with hummus and broccoli slaw)
Epcot: Tangierine Café (shawarma combo platter)
Animal Kingdom: Satu'li Canteen (any of the bowls)
Hollywood Studios: Take the boat to Epcot

Virtually every counter service restaurant in the parks have indoor seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter