Quick Service Substitutions

rexmism

Registered
Hello all,
Anyone know if it's ever possible to substitute your drink for a side/snack/dessert? From what I can see, this was possible at one time but doesn't seem to be happening lately, except maybe at the resorts?
Also, just want to confirm that you can trade a quick service credit for 3 snacks when used in the same transaction.
Thanks!

In September 2017, I was able to sub at our resort. I didn't try it anywhere else. While at the park, I wanted the drink.

I was also able to sub 3 snacks for a quick service credit.

Hello all,
Anyone know if it's ever possible to substitute your drink for a side/snack/dessert? From what I can see, this was possible at one time but doesn't seem to be happening lately, except maybe at the resorts?
Also, just want to confirm that you can trade a quick service credit for 3 snacks when used in the same transaction.
Thanks!

You can always ask, but it has become more rare. The wording that allowed it was removed from the brochure and most park QS stopped doing it. Just be aware that doing that kind of swap can lower the value of your dining plan. Each QS credit is worth about $21.

The trading of a QS for 3 snacks is also variable. Always ask before you gather your items.

Just be aware that doing that kind of swap can lower the value of your dining plan. Each QS credit is worth about $21.
When you mention lowering the value, do you just mean that the side/snack might be worth less than the drink? I get what you're saying, but it's not relevant if you'd rather just have ice water for free.

When you mention lowering the value, do you just mean that the side/snack might be worth less than the drink? I get what you're saying, but it's not relevant if you'd rather just have ice water for free.
Switching out quick service for snacks is not cost effective. Now if you, like I did, have free dining, then it isn't a big deal. (We paid $45 per person, for 6 nights of quick service.)

True, but it's very difficult to hit that $21 average unless you're getting an alcoholic or specialty drink at least a few times during the trip. If you prefer water to drink anyway, it might be the QSDP isn't a good deal and you'd do better paying OOP.

We're doing the summer meal promo, so we got it for "free". Given that we're paying the rack rate instead of the room discount we could have gotten, and we have 6 people, it comes out to about 7.85 per meal. It will be pretty easy to get our value out of it.

When we were at Pop in August 2017 they would not let us sub a snack for a drink. The cast member told us they had just changed the policy about a month earlier and they were the only resort that was not allowing the substitution. She did say we could get 3 snacks for a QS credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!