Quick Service Soft Drinks: Pricing and Refills

adelaster

DIS Veteran
Apologies if I missed this elsewhere, none of my searches were getting results.

Looking for current pricing on soft drinks at quick service locations, particularly at resorts. Are they the same across property, even in the parks?

Would also like to know the policy on refills- how many and/or how long are you able to get refills, as all cups are RFID chipped. Is this time/amount consistent across property?

For those who care, I am price comparing projected use against the refillable mug.
ETA: We have used the mug before and do not need an explanation on mug use.

Thanks!

EDIT TO ADD FINDINGS (Will update as current info becomes available):

Estimated Cost of Large Soft Drink in Parks/Resorts: $3.29-$3.49 + 12% tax = $3.68-$3.91

Estimated Amount of Refills:
In Resorts: An estimate of four refills within two hours of original purchase time
In Parks: Reports below are that refills are unlimited during duration of meal for establishments that have the machines available.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of price, but I believe they are about $3. Only the cups at resorts are RFID chipped for the machines. With a regular paper cup, I believe you get 3 fills of the cup and generally you have to wait about 3 minutes between fills.

In the parks, some restaurants have machines where you fill them yourself and you can have unlimited refills while there. Those cups are not RFID chipped.

allears.net and touring plans have all the prices, every restaurant. Around $3 though like PP said. FYI No serve yourself soda at MK.

Restaurantasoris in ak, the umbrella in Epcot, and backlot express in dhs are all free refills during your meal using the cup purchased at the restaurant.

Looking for current pricing on soft drinks at quick service locations, particularly at resorts. Are they the same across property, even in the parks?

Would also like to know the policy on refills- how many and/or how long are you able to get refills, as all cups are RFID chipped. Is this time/amount consistent across property?

For those who care, I am price comparing projected use against the refillable mug.

Thanks!

Just so you know, you can not use your mug in the parks for refills, so your cost projecting should only be how much you will drink at resort.

allears.net and touring plans have all the prices, every restaurant. Around $3 though like PP said. FYI No serve yourself soda at MK.

Yes there is at BOG.

There is also a time limit on the cups - I believe an hour but they do work from resort to resort. I purchased at AoA and refilled at Pop

Just so you know, you can not use your mug in the parks for refills, so your cost projecting should only be how much you will drink at resort.

I am aware. We have used the refillable mugs as recently as December.

Unfortunately, no one can seem to provide current information on my original inquiry. May have to reach out to Disney, but concerned I will not be able to get a timely response.

Unfortunately, no one can seem to provide current information on my original inquiry. May have to reach out to Disney, but concerned I will not be able to get a timely response.

You question had many parts to it and it read like maybe you were trying to project the cost of your drinks in the resorts and the parks so that you could value the mug. I was just trying to clarify the mug wouldn't factor/change what you drink the parks.

Your mugs are about $18.99 each and the thought process is you break even at 6 drinks, at the resorts.

I think paper cups in the resorts are around $3.29 and you can fill it 4 times in one hour, I don't know how long you have to wait, but it would expire if you don't use them all.

Not all menus on the MDE app list prices for soft drinks, but several have them listed at $3.29, with a few at $2.79 or $2.95, so $3 is a good estimate as PPs mentioned. Just as an aside - we like to grab a drink on the way to the bus stop to drink on the way over/early time in park, then rinse out in bathroom or restaurant if we have late brft ADR. Then you can throw it in your bag, and grab a drink on the way back to your room at night, or we sometimes pour rest of our drink from a meal into it to take with us as we we walk - DD loves the special juice at TH, and always likes a little more for the road! We also have transferred the free waters you can get at any QS so we have a closed cup and it doesn't get squishy.

I'm not sure what part of your question you feel wasn't answered. Remember when you call Disney you are getting a call center somewhere. The information you get from people here on the Dis is most likely more accurate than what a phone CM will be able to give you.

Never actually knew if there were free refills or not, just always did it, particularly at sunshine seasons, would just go back in refill and walk past the registers with no problem.

There is also a time limit on the cups - I believe an hour but they do work from resort to resort. I purchased at AoA and refilled at Pop

It was 2 hours at Contempo Cafe tonight. I ordered my meal at 5:10 and had until 7:10. But not unlimited - only 4. (Because when I refilled it the second time, the screen said I had 2 refills remaining until 7:10pm.

It was 2 hours at Contempo Cafe tonight. I ordered my meal at 5:10 and had until 7:10. But not unlimited - only 4. (Because when I refilled it the second time, the screen said I had 2 refills remaining until 7:10pm.
This is super helpful, thank you!

This is super helpful, thank you!

You’re welcome! I’m pretty sure it was 4 refills - it *might* have been 3 though on reflection. I know on either the 2nd or 3rd it said 2 remaining. I only got 3 though because I had to come back to the Magic Kingdom for the Dessert Party for Not-Wishes. Lol.

I believe that the fountain drink price I paid last week in MK was $3.29 (it may have been $3.49)

You question had many parts to it and it read like maybe you were trying to project the cost of your drinks in the resorts and the parks so that you could value the mug. I was just trying to clarify the mug wouldn't factor/change what you drink the parks.

I'm not sure what part of your question you feel wasn't answered. Remember when you call Disney you are getting a call center somewhere. The information you get from people here on the Dis is most likely more accurate than what a phone CM will be able to give you.

I appreciate the two of you trying to help. My apologies if I confused you. Yes, I am aware of the Guest Services situation with offsite cast members, which is why I asked here before reaching out to the company proper.

To restate my original question another way, I am attempting to discern the following from those who have recently been on property, as all online information I can turn up is more than a year old:

1. Current price of Soft Drinks at Quick Service locations at Disney World Resorts. ($_ . _ _ experience)
a. Are Soft Drink prices consistent across property? (Yes/No experience, or further detail if available)

2. Refill policy on Soft Drinks at Quick Service locations at Disney World Resorts. Cups are RFID chopped, so there is a limit. (_refills per_hours)
a. Is the refill policy consistent across property? (Yes/No experience, or further detail if available)

One and two are the big questions, the a's are nice to knows if you know. Hopefully that clears things up for you.

I only ever provided the context of why I was asking because in my experience here people would have asked me for it anyway.

The reports of everyone's recent experience are appreciated in lieu of a definitive property-wide policy. Thanks again.

You’re welcome! I’m pretty sure it was 4 refills - it *might* have been 3 though on reflection. I know on either the 2nd or 3rd it said 2 remaining. I only got 3 though because I had to come back to the Magic Kingdom for the Dessert Party for Not-Wishes. Lol.

Yes, that is my experience as well with paper cups. FOUR total fillings. The original plus 3 more refills in the time period offered on the screen. I would imagine these have been adjusted a few times since it started to optimize for Disney and Guest but I think 2 hours would be the maximum. I know it was an hour a few years ago at the moderate/value resorts we bought them. The question for me is .... have they increased the time allowed or since you were at a deluxe, is it possible they get longer? I haven't bought a paper cup in a long time so I don't know.

-----------------------------------------------

I think Disney is pretty consistent with their prices and cup policy across all resorts,
particularly since you can use your mugs at any resort.
$18.99 per mug, one filling every 2 minutes.

-----------------------------------------------

I think its easy. If you will buy at least 6 drinks during your stay at your hotel or another hotel then you will break even on a mug ... and have a souvenir to take home. If you will drink more than 6 drinks you will come out ahead.

Both paper cups and mugs give you refills around the time of your meal. Paper cups will not help you much past that time frame.

Neither have anything to do with getting drinks in the parks, they can't be used there. If you wish to use the refillable drink stations at the parks, you still need to buy the drink & cup. You can pour it in to your mug if you wish to carry it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter