Quick Service Meal Plan but would like to add some "extras"

MBSquirt

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We will be going In February and we have the QS meal plan. We have three little's (11,8,6) and we were looking to add on some extra fun food things into the mix. I am aware these extra "dining/dessert activities" would not be apart of our QS plan and therefor cost extra money.

So I am looking for suggestions/ideas/input on which dining extras are worth the money and a great experience. For instance I have heard the Star Wars - Dessert Party at Hollywood Studios was great. I am also aware you can do character dinner but not sure which one is worth while.

Any input (good or bad) is welcome.

If you like Winnie the Pooh and Gang, you might try Crystal Palace breakfast. Bfast will be cheaper than lunch/dinner prices and they have fabulous cinnamon toast puffs (I think that's what they are called). We love CP and enjoy the character interaction there.

You also can try others for breakfast: 'Ohana (Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch outside now) Chef Mickey (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy), Garden Grill (Chip, Dale, Mickey), 1900 Park Faire (Alice and friends) Tusker House (Fab 5) among a few others.

There are also some lunch/dinner character meals but if you want to save money for the same experience, I'd stick to breakfast.

You should do at least ONE Character Meal at a table service restaurant! Sit everyone down and get opinions on fav characters and food options, then you can plan from there.

Hi all,

We will be going In February and we have the QS meal plan. We have three little's (11,8,6) and we were looking to add on some extra fun food things into the mix. I am aware these extra "dining/dessert activities" would not be apart of our QS plan and therefor cost extra money.

So I am looking for suggestions/ideas/input on which dining extras are worth the money and a great experience. For instance I have heard the Star Wars - Dessert Party at Hollywood Studios was great. I am also aware you can do character dinner but not sure which one is worth while.

Any input (good or bad) is welcome.

Definitely look into a character breakfast. My friend prefers the breakfasts to the lunch/dinners because you're paying for the characters and the food can be subpar but breakfast is REALLY hard to screw up.

At CP, I think, it is called "Pooh Puffs." And, worth the price of the buffet. The location is great, especially if you can get PPO.
But, my favorite character meal--breakfast or dinner--is 1900 Park Fare at the GF. Strawberry soup is served at both meals. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Yummy!!!

My favorite character meals are cp and th. I think the food at both is a nice variety and the characters are awesome

Breakfast is cheaper than lunch or dinner

Garden grill is another nice character aycte meal

Because of the ages of your children, I would go to breakfast at 1900 Park Faire for breakfast because they have both costumed and face characters, so they can engage more, and have more time with your family since it is not in a park.

There is also a free campfire sing a long with chip and Dale at ft. Wilderness, so I would look that up: there is a chuckwagon where you can get marshmallows and roasting sticks.

Tusker House Breakfast at 10:30 am. You'll be there for the changeover to lunch and get a chance to sample that. Plus it's much less crowded at the end of the breakfast hours, so you'll have more relaxed time with characters. Those are the classics - Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, Maybe Pluto?

Tusker House Breakfast at 10:30 am. You'll be there for the changeover to lunch and get a chance to sample that. Plus it's much less crowded at the end of the breakfast hours, so you'll have more relaxed time with characters. Those are the classics - Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, Maybe Pluto?
Minnie is not at TH.

For a cheaper, not in a park, no characters, meal you could do Wilderness Canyon Cafe. Lots of hijinks.

There are so many character meals, the 1st and maybe the most important is who are their favorite characters? At 17 my daughter still loves Rapunzel so one of our ADR's in June is for the Bon Voyage Breakfast (she also likes Ariel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!