Quick Service Dining Plan for Couples

Bradster1067

Earning My Ears
Hi! I wanted to ask people who got the Quick Service Dining plan on their couples vacation how it worked out for them. Was it too much food? Not enough? Did you get the value you wanted out of the plan?

We added the quick service plan and I go back and forth between whether or not it’s too much food or not. After doing the math, it might ultimately save us $70-$100 (depending on the final prices for the Galaxy Edge restaurants).

We have done the QS dining plan a few times as we are British and get it free with moderate resorts. We are big eaters and never found we were going hungry! We usually end up bringing a fair few bags of candy home to use the credits we hadn't used.

We tend to use snacks for breakfast as don't feel the QS meals are really worth it and are a bit same-ey. Then split the QS through the day, sometimes sharing but usually having 1 each at meal times. When we do share, we will share an early lunch at say 11am, then share another late lunch at say 3pm, then have a dinner each later in the day. This makes up for not having a large breakfast (although, plan it right and some of the snacks are pretty outstanding size, and definitely pack a few calories!), but also means we are not too full to get in a good day worth of walking / rides / waterpark.

Last trip, even with getting the Goofy snacks to take home, we ended up 'winning' vs what it would have cost us out of pocket - but as the dining plan was free it was a no brainer ... yes, actually free as Brits don't really get a room discount as an alternative (yes, I have checked and this year 'technically' the QSDP cost us £3 per night for 2 people - I think between us, we can eat $4 of food per day).

We have in the past upgraded to the 1TS, 1QS plan and it wasn't worth it for us. As it is just the 2 of us, we aren't that fussed with sitting down to eat and get waited on, and the food was not that much better - in fact, there are many counter services places we have found where the food is much better than the signatures such as Yachtsman Steakhouse and Narcoossee which we found to be average at best.

We didn't buy in any other food from grocers etc either. If you were worried you would not have enough food, you could buy or bring with you a few boxes of cereal and milk etc for breakfast, meaning you could use the snacks during the day.

We are QS again this year and thinking it will still be too much food. Next year we are going to a value resort just to try it and will be getting 1QS per night included. We have disney gift cards from previous trips which we will us to pay out of pocket for food. Plan to buy a refillable resort mug and popcorn bucket to refill cheaply in the parks for snacks.

Happy planning.

My husband and I are going for a quick 3 day anniversary trip next month and are getting the quick service dining plan. We are planning to hit up flower and garden and I've allotted credits for that. I was considering the regular dining plan, but I felt like we were going to spend too much time eating lol.

If you are there during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden Festivals, you can make out like a bandit on the QS plan. The snack credits are pooled so you can use a bunch of them at the booths. Using them this way can be in place of meals for a couple of days.

You didn’t say where you are staying, but we thought the quick service at all the resorts where we’ve stayed was very good: CSR, POR, FQ, Contemporary, Pop, and WL. You can get some nice meals at these places. :) CSR’s Pepper Market has an especially nice atmosphere to sit in, plus you get real dishes and silverware there.

Have a nice couples trip. :)

We always stay at a value and get the free dining and it’s more than enough food for the 2 of us. I would never pay for a dining plan. Last year I literally never finished a single meal cause it was just too much food. We would occasionally split a breakfast. We usually just have a snack in the afternoon and then dinner later. Snack credits are great for the F&W Festival. You can also use a quick service meal credit for 3 snacks as long as it’s all on the same transaction.

Hi! I wanted to ask people who got the Quick Service Dining plan on their couples vacation how it worked out for them. Was it too much food? Not enough? Did you get the value you wanted out of the plan?

We added the quick service plan and I go back and forth between whether or not it’s too much food or not. After doing the math, it might ultimately save us $70-$100 (depending on the final prices for the Galaxy Edge restaurants).

When you do your math, do you include alcoholic beverages? I find that in any of the plans, if you like to indulge, the beverage will take you over the top.

DH and I had the free QSDP for our trip in November 2017, for 7 nights. It is just way too much food for us. There's no way I'd pay for it. We split many meals as the portions are often ridiculously large. I would not call us "light" eaters either. I think we came home with about 30 bags of Goofy candy bought with left-over credits. Obviously the plan is not worth buying for us.
Last year we had free QSDP for me, DH, DS 15, DS 12 and came home with 89 snacks. Craziness! But, because it was free, and we stayed in one room in a value, that was definitely the best discount for us.

I just got the strangest package yesterday but it gave me a lesser room rate so I took it. For an additional $140.00 we received a QS dining plan so I grabbed it. There are 3-4 QS meals we enjoy at WDW and the cost of eating just those few meals will pay for the plan; we'll pay OOP for the rest of our meals which will be mostly 2 credit dinners.

When you do your math, do you include alcoholic beverages? I find that in any of the plans, if you like to indulge, the beverage will take you over the top.

Yes, either alcoholic beverages or specialty beverages when alcohol isn't available.

If you are there during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden Festivals, you can make out like a bandit on the QS plan. The snack credits are pooled so you can use a bunch of them at the booths. Using them this way can be in place of meals for a couple of days.

You didn’t say where you are staying, but we thought the quick service at all the resorts where we’ve stayed was very good: CSR, POR, FQ, Contemporary, Pop, and WL. You can get some nice meals at these places. :) CSR’s Pepper Market has an especially nice atmosphere to sit in, plus you get real dishes and silverware there.

Have a nice couples trip. :)
Wanted to ask about your experience because I just contacted Disney about using QS snack credits at the food booths and was told I couldn’t do it. I was also told the only way to use the QS dining plan at F&W was to convert a QS meal into 3 snack credits and that I could only use those credits at one booth. It’s confusing because I’ve heard of people using their snack credits at F&W and I was planning to save ours for it (we don’t really do snacks). I assume snacks might cost more than one credit but from the response I got from Disney I won’t be able to use them at all!

Wanted to ask about your experience because I just contacted Disney about using QS snack credits at the food booths and was told I couldn’t do it. I was also told the only way to use the QS dining plan at F&W was to convert a QS meal into 3 snack credits and that I could only use those credits at one booth. It’s confusing because I’ve heard of people using their snack credits at F&W and I was planning to save ours for it (we don’t really do snacks). I assume snacks might cost more than one credit but from the response I got from Disney I won’t be able to use them at all!

You can use your snack credits at any kiosk or food booth on items with teh DDP icon. They are clearly marked. There will also be posts here linking articale that detail the snacks at every booth once they are released.
You can exchange 1 CS credit for 3 snack credits ar=t amy of the booths, however you much use them all at one time at that booth. You cannot add a beverage to the exchange. It is only 3 snack credits. I don't think it is a good use of a credit, however if there are three items you want, and you do not indulge in beverages, the exchange may be exactly what you want.

Please remember that when you call the WDW call center you are not speaking to folks onsite. They try to help, but many are not as informed as the people who frequent these boards.

We have in the past upgraded to the 1TS, 1QS plan and it wasn't worth it for us. As it is just the 2 of us, we aren't that fussed with sitting down to eat and get waited on, and the food was not that much better - in fact, there are many counter services places we have found where the food is much better than the signatures such as Yachtsman Steakhouse and Narcoossee which we found to be average at best.

Out of curiosity, what QS restaurants did you find better quality than Yachtsman and Narcoossees?

The qs dining plan worked out good for us last year on our couples vacation. I do not share meals (unless we are going out for a pizza) LOL. But most of the serving sizes were too much for my girlfriend so she shared what she didn't finish with me (I don't mind overeating a bit on vacation). It was also good to be able to get an $11 margarita with our meals which was included in the dining plan.

You can use your snack credits at any kiosk or food booth on items with teh DDP icon. They are clearly marked. There will also be posts here linking articale that detail the snacks at every booth once they are released.
You can exchange 1 CS credit for 3 snack credits ar=t amy of the booths, however you much use them all at one time at that booth. You cannot add a beverage to the exchange. It is only 3 snack credits. I don't think it is a good use of a credit, however if there are three items you want, and you do not indulge in beverages, the exchange may be exactly what you want.

Please remember that when you call the WDW call center you are not speaking to folks onsite. They try to help, but many are not as informed as the people who frequent these boards.
Thanks - that’s really helpful 😀

It was our experience in 2011 that we were able to use snack credits toward almost every food item at the booths. I was at F&WF in 2016 & 2017 and the same system was in place. (Couldn’t get DP because we stayed l at The Swan.) As noted by PPs, the items that can be purchased with snack credits are noted on the menus.

Disney is always changing rules, so my suggestion is to opt out of the DP now (unless you really want it) and peruse the F&W menus after the start of the Festival. I don’t remember the cut-off time before arrival that you must purchase a DP, but it’s at least 2 or 3 days. TBH, if you can use snack credits on the food at the F&W booths and you like to get an adult beverage with your meals, you won’t lose a penny on the QS plan and are likely to make out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter