Quick reviews - Family trip Oct 15 to the 21st

ckb_nc

DIS Veteran
Big family trip - 12 of us in 2 2 bedroom OKW. Quick hits on several restaurants

Deluxe Burger - my 14 year old son drove down and had a trifecta of Burger places planned. We hit 5 Guys on the way down. Deluxe was the middle and then we hit Burger Fi Tuesday night. Deluxe was in 3rd place. We hit on Monday night, relatively uncrowded and we did the 2 burger deal. Actually of the 3 places, this was the cheapest. Burgers were good, fries not so great. 5 guys was the winner, Burger Fi second (the one in Kissimmee was not that good and this franchise can be a real hit or miss like 5 guys) followed by Deluxe. It was good but not great. Not sure if I would go back.

Riverside Mill Food Court - weirdly one of my favorites as make your own salad is one of my favorite meals at WDW. Went there Monday for lunch by myself and it was great. Good salad, quiet cool place. Clearly on the good list

Sassagoula - I got the pumpkin spice beignets - where have this been my whole life. Hard to believe I only went once.

Typhoon Lagoon Leaning Palms - we ate the nuggets which actually pretty good, the fries not so much. It was what I thought it would be. Loved the park

Grand Floridian Cafe - we had brunch on Wednesday. Ordered the Steak and eggs - mistake. My thoughts on here - not going back. It was really over priced and not great. My wife liked it.

The Wave - ate there Thursday night for dinner. We actually enjoyed. the steaks were good, while not Yachtsman still quite good. We enjoyed the atmosphere. We use to LOVE Konas but the menu has changed to were we no longer enjoy it. This might be our new Konas - a mid tier restaurant close to MK that all enjoy. Biggest hurdle is dessert - this place needs a better dessert menu.

Chef Mickeys - my sister in law insisted we eat here. As Pete Werber suggests, Disney is just phoning it in here. The beef stew was good. I could never go back and it would be fine. So expensive and so not worth it. Maybe for half the price. Heck the character interaction was not great even. I feel like Disney is really letting these restaurants (looking at you Ohanas) just languish well because they can.

Opa (off site) - sister in law wanted to go to this place- Greek restaurant with belly dancer - food was good to really good. But its a good ways off property. If you like Greek food, here you go

Morimotos - just killed us. The ribs were off the chain. My father in law might just come back just to eat here. The duck was killer. Amazing food, great service, just everything I hoped it could be again. ^ of us ate 15 ribs and I could go back tomorrow for more.

Rosie's All american cafe - Ate there - it was park food. Cheeseburgers were good but there are theme park cheeseburgers (better than they were 20 years ago).

Food and Wine - we ate there twice - Canada was the clear winner. Wednesday night it was not crowded and I think we got better cuts than the stupid Saturday throngs. Enjoyed it again - the other winner was the Lobster roll.

Winners
The Wave
Morimotos
Food and Wine

Losers
Chef Mickeys
Grand Floridian Cafe (I think dinner could be better)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!