Quick Queue needs to be fixed

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
We hit Busch Gardens yesterday and Sea World today. Had a good time at both, but the Quick Queue procedure needs to be looked at. I could use a few different examples, but I'll go with Mako. The system works well when it comes to having a different line that is definitely shorter than standby. However, the attendants at the load area are useless, if even present. Unlike Disney and Universal where they ask how many people are in your party, they just have everyone merge into one group and pick the row they want. There's 2 problems with this. First, once you get to the loading station, you're going to have a longer wait anyways, just because the 2 lines are merged. The 2nd part is the real problem. We saw countless trains leaving the station with many empty seats. If you're in row 6 and have 2 people in your party and the next few groups have 3 or 4, the train leaves the station with 2 empty seats. Same thing if there are 3 to a group. Train leaves with 1 empty seat. This can happen at any park due to circumstance, but it's rampant at Busch and Sea World because there is no organization.

I was a math major for my undergrad degree so must mention:

queuing models often show that having the ride leaving with some empty seats can result in higher throughput since the time to fill every seat slows the process down ......

wrt QQ, we were there on July 4 with QQ

and on NO ride went went on that was QQ, were there more than 4 people ahead of us when we got to the front of the line. QQ was NOT a significant impact on the 'load flow' and this surprised me. It appeared to me that QQ was NOT very popular . . . QQ was quite worth the $ for us as we never waited for a ride more than a couple of minutes. Unlike my last visit to a Disney park where a FASTPASS had a wait time of over 60 minutes ..... :confused3

Last edited:
I was a math major for my undergrad degree so must mention:

queuing models often show that having the ride leaving with some empty seats can result in higher throughput since the time to fill every seat slows the process down ......

wrt QQ, we were there on July 4 with QQ

and on NO ride went went on that was QQ, were there more than 4 people ahead of us when we got to the front of the line. QQ was NOT a significant impact on the 'load flow' and this surprised me. It appeared to me that QQ was NOT very popular . . . QQ was quite worth the $ for us as we never waited for a ride more than a couple of minutes. Unlike my last visit to a Disney park where a FASTPASS had a wait time of over 60 minutes ..... :confused3

Don't even get me started on how bad Fastpass at Disney has been this week.

I bought the quick queue for SeaWorld and I probably wouldn’t do it again. On the kraken 3 people in my group who hadn’t bought the pass got in line at the same time and beat me on the ride. They only were using one row for us and there were 10 of us in line. My friends just walked up and got on. It did work well for the manta though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!