Quick question about birthdays at Disney. . .

happymom9802

Earning My Ears
We just got back from our trip in January, but have a friend who is going in a few months. Her 2 year old will be turning 3 while they are there. Didn't I hear somewhere that Disney will make a huge fuss over her, and maybe do some special things for them? I don't remember what, or what they need to do to let someone know, but just thought I remembered hearing somewhere that that was the case. We live here in NC, so we don't get to go often, and my friends have NEVER been, so I would LOVE to help make this the most memorable wonderful experience ever! Any light you all can shed on this would be wonderful!!

Thanks!

So nice of you to want to make their trip special!

When you go to the Magic Kingdom, go to City Hall and get a "today's my birthday" button. This will set the tone. When
going out to eat, always remember to tell the server that
someone special is having a birthday.

In the past, my son received a "special" complimentary desert,
the hotel left a little something in the room, and he even
was chosen participate in the parade!

Hope this helps!

We did the Ice Cream Social for my sons b-day once. It was great! The server sang really loud and since this is a character "meal" we got pics of Mickey, Pluto, & Chip & Dale with him while he celebrated. It was cool!

While with my family a few years back, we were waiting at the entrance of BB for opening. When the ticket person found out it was my birthday she gave me a coupon for a free ice cream.

When we went to use the coupon we found out that this ice cream was no normal ice cream, it was literally a sand pail full of ice cream and all the toppings. It took all four of us to eat it!!

My advice, just casually mention it to cast members that their is a birthday, and I'm sure that they'll do something to surprise you.

But it's best not to go "expecting" anything, so they're not disappointed if nothing happens (especially with small children) but pleasantly surprised if something does.

I'd heard of tons of honeymooners getting free drinks, free desserts, etc because they wore the bride & groom mouse ears. I was skeptical, but we wore them and got no freebies.

Thank you so much, guys! Sure wish it were us going back, but now I will probably have to wait until 2005:(
The twins will be 2 1/2 and my oldest will be 6 (AGH!!!)) anyway. . . . .
I am glad to have some info to let them know at least where to start and hopefully they will get the royal treatment so they will love it as much as we do!!!!

Thanks again for the info!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!