Quick question about 2bedroom villas

KyCoKe16

Mouseketeer
Hello! I just have a quick question about two bedroom villas. We are planning to rent one in February with my in-laws. We would like one that has been updated. Which resorts have updated two bedrooms? Right now we are considering BCV, SSR, BR, BLT, GF, and AKV-K. I know that not all of SSR is updated, but what about the others? I find some videos of updated villas and some that are not, all from this year.

By what do you mean "updated?"

SSR is in refurb right now. BRV is overdue for refurb. BCV and AKV were last refurbished in 2016, which means 4 years of getting banged up since. Bay Lake got a soft goods in 2017, so not a big refurbishment, and some complain it looks banged up. VGF has never been refurbished since open, and is supposed to get softgoods next year.

If you want "updated," your best options are OKW, SSR-Preferred, CCV or RIV. CCV and RIV are the newest, so they're still fairly fresh. Of your list, BRV is by far the least fresh, and everything else is solidly in-between, but depending on what you consider "updated" they may be quite disappointing.

These are timeshare two bedrooms. They don't get updated like hotel rooms. Other than taking all the theming out of them and turning them into Hampton Inns.

We just got back from a split stay at Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani. We had a 2 bdrm dedicated villa at each resort. BLT is more modern, and our rooms were beautiful. AKL-Kidani was more rustic, but I loved the theming. Both resorts had modern amenities: Jacuzzi tubs in the master bath, 3 bathrooms, newer appliances, newer washer and dryer. I did not notice any excessive wear and tear on the furniture in either of the rooms. BLT had two separate balconies, where at AKL, our balcony stretched the entire width of the villa. Both units had carpeting, and we heard no loud noises from our neighbors. It seemed like there were more children at AKL-Kidani. If I went back, I would do the same split stay again!

The nicest hands down 2BRs right now will be Riviera simply because they have been open 8-9 months so far and are brand new. They also are if I remember 2nd largest at WDW as far as size goes (VGF is like 4th).

Animal Kingdom was fine when we visited last year but I would watch a video room tour as some people might not like the style. Also you have an issue with transportation (IMO) and with Kidani you don't really have a full onsite quick service its over at Jambo which could still be closed (haven't been following it).

I would cross off SSR simply because its not near the parks and yes the new rooms are supposedly to be lovely but you are going to Disney.

That leaves BLT (little more bland), BRV (which is "dated"), and VGF ("nicest" resort at Disney with great rooms)

1. VGF
  2. BLT
  3. BRV
  4. AKV
  5. SSR
In that order but would give RIV the nod over all of them for the room category. VGF would win for the resort as a whole vs RIV.

Your other issue is availability for rental. What you really want might not be available. A dedicated is always better than a lockoff because the lockoff doesn't have two real beds in the second bedroom. Usually a bed and a sleeper sofa/murphy bed.

If by update, you mean the rooms have the Murphy queen-size type bed that pulls down from the wall over the couch in the living room, which eventually all of the resorts are supposed to get, then the answer is only Riveria and part of SSR at this time.

Last edited:

The nicest hands down 2BRs right now will be Riviera simply because they have been open 8-9 months so far and are brand new. They also are if I remember 2nd largest at WDW as far as size goes (VGF is like 4th).

Animal Kingdom was fine when we visited last year but I would watch a video room tour as some people might not like the style. Also you have an issue with transportation (IMO) and with Kidani you don't really have a full onsite quick service its over at Jambo which could still be closed (haven't been following it).

I would cross off SSR simply because its not near the parks and yes the new rooms are supposedly to be lovely but you are going to Disney.

That leaves BLT (little more bland), BRV (which is "dated"), and VGF ("nicest" resort at Disney with great rooms)

1. VGF
  2. BLT
  3. BRV
  4. AKV
  5. SSR
In that order but would give RIV the nod over all of them for the room category. VGF would win for the resort as a whole vs RIV.
RIV 2 bedroom is 14 sq ft larger than VGF. OKW is largest, RIV #2 and VGF #3 this is for WDW DVC resorts. We have stayed in 2 bedrooms at SSR and VGF. Our room at SSR in fall of 2018 was still in near pristine condition, we were pleasantly surprised the room was in great shape. The balcony at SSR is small and there is only 1. In fall of 2019 our VGF room had a ton of wear in the kitchen. The rest of the room was in great shape. The balcony at VGF is very large and runs the whole length of the room. Most of the wear was caused probably by cleaning the cabinets by housekeeping. They basically used a very poor wood for cabinets doors and faces. Once the paint was comprised, when the wood gets wet it swells. The door on the refrigerator is also made of wood to match the cabinets. The paint was worn off by a poorly placed and tiny door handle. It looked like it was repainted and it was tacky to the touch. Did this ruin our vacation, not one bit. Did anyone else in my party notice this, probably not.
I didn’t get too many pictures due to camera issues with my iPhone 6S+ at the time. Apple fixed the know camera issues on the 6, but not the 6S.

Attachments

• A49281F3-0EF9-4C66-A8A4-C7925AE94984.jpeg
    A49281F3-0EF9-4C66-A8A4-C7925AE94984.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DCA04CA8-8E4A-4AA3-A6F2-44A3ADC13BA4.jpeg
    DCA04CA8-8E4A-4AA3-A6F2-44A3ADC13BA4.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
If by update, you mean the rooms have the Murphy queen-size type bed that pulls down from the wall over the couch in the living room, which eventually all of the resorts are supposed to get, then the answer is only Riveria and part of SSR at this time.
The murphy beds like at RIV and SSR won't work in the OKW living room with all the windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter