Quick May Dining Review

Snowysmom

<font color=darkorchid>If they say "That's interes
We just got back from 6 nights in Disney. This is a quick review of where we ate and what our thoughts are:

San Angel Inn: This did not disappoint. We have never had a bad meal here. DH had the mole poblano chicken. I had the braised beef tacos with rice and beans. We also tried the guacamole. Everything was so good. I had the blood orange margarita while DH had the Horchata margarita. The Horchata margarita was spicy and so good. The blood orange one was also good, not too sweet.

Tony's: They have definitely improved. We both had the ravioli, DH had the shrimp and I had the chicken. The sauce was a lemon crema sauce. It was delicious. DH also had the tomato red pepper soup. So good and creamy. The tiramisu was yummy. The service was very good. We would go back for sure.

Plaza Restaurant: This is a good place for lunch. DH loved the brisket burger. The grilled chicken was a bit dry but tasty. The milkshake was delicious as usual, vanilla of course!

Big River Grille at Boardwalk: We had a really good meal here. DH had the cajun pasta and I had the habanero chicken. Both were spicy. The chicken was so tender. DH's meal had alot of shrimp, chicken, and andouille sausage. We started with the jalapeno cheese dip and chips. Really good. The service was excellent. This is on our list for next year.

Boma: We did the dinner buffet. This is another place that did not disappoint. The butternut squash soup was so good and had a nice mix of spices. The sirloin from the carving station was tender and tasty. There was a variety of sides to go with dinner. And, of course, zebra domes were yummy.

Biergarten: We had read really good reviews so we decided to try it out. The service and floor show entertainment were good, but we were not overly impressed with the very bland food. DH said even the sauerkraut was bland. The dessert selection was mediocre. There was nothing there that really made me want to have dessert. The communal seating could be fun in theory, but unfortunately the family with whom we were seated ignored our presence, so it made for a very awkward experience. We tried it and now we know. We won't be back.

Skipper Canteen: We do like this restaurant. We started with the Falafel which was delicious. DH had the Perkins Thai Noodles. DH said it was spicy and really good. I had the It Tastes Like Chicken Because It Is. As usual, it was tender, tasty, and a lot of food. This was our third time here and we will be back. We do like the jokes too.

The Wave: We had the breakfast buffet here. The sweet potato pancakes, yogurt parfaits, eggs benedict, and quinoa with fruit were so good. Plus they have the usual buffet items like bacon, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, etc. Really good but next year, no breakfast buffet. We tend to eat too much.

Columbia Harbour House: This our go to quick service place in MK. We usually get the tuna sandwich. DH also gets clam chowder. The food is always good and we love to sit upstairs where it is quiet.

Snacks: Mickey bars (yummy as always), popcorn, and Ample Hills ice cream where I had the ooey gooey buttercake (so, so good) while DH had the coffee toffee coffee, also delicious.

Lesson learned: Too many buffets. Next time we will schedule a few sit down meals and leave some days open to just see what is available and pick from those. Or just do counter service. We want to be a little more casual with dining next year. Plus we don't want to eat as much! :rolleyes1

Glad to hear you all had some good meals. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Nice reviews but I have to say nice things about people who love Boma and Zebra Domes. I have made a meal just out of the different soups.

Funny you say you made a meal out of the soups at Boma. DH did that the previous time we went. He really loves the soups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter