• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Food Reviews: March 18-24

mickmom728

Mouseketeer
Just returned and here are some of our thoughts on the food we ate:
In DCA:
Starbucks for breakfast: We found that if we got there around 9 we had plenty of tables and lines weren't bad. The difference of a half hour was that lines were out the door!
Flo's V-8 Cafe: Limited menu but good food. We did breakfast last year and I recommend the Caramel Banana French Toast. This year we did lunch and you can choose different sides if you don't like the one offered with your meal. I got the Turkey sandwich with au jus, which is actually gravy, and they put some on the sandwich as well as in a cup for dipping. I don't care for gravy so I didn't like that but the turkey and roll were very fresh and delicious. It's nice that you can have a beer or glass of wine, too. For seating, go outside to the right and you can watch Radiator Springs Racers but it's actually kind of quiet and relaxing. Most people try to find a seat in front and don't realize there is ample seating all around.
Lucky Fortune Cookery and Cocina Cucamonga: Food is decent with big portions if you feel like sharing. Lots of seating in that area and everyone can go to different stands if they want, including Boudin Bakery and Ghiardelli.
Cozy Cone Motel: We got churro bites with chocolate and soft serve ice cream. I ordered a large one to share and when she mistakenly gave me a small they also gave us the large one at no charge. (I didn't realize the mistake until they called me back to the window...)
Smokejumpers Grill: Typical park food of burgers and chicken nuggets. They had just opened the day before and no one realized it so it wasn't crowded at all and we needed a quick bite. Toppings bar and lots of seating but I probably wouldn't go there again.
Wine Country Trattoria: We did the WOC package. Excellent service, excellent food and drinks, excellent viewing area for the WOC! You won't leave here hungry because you get a starter of salad or soup with bread service; entree and a dessert sampler of 4 items! Nice leisurely way to eat lunch in the parks!
I'll be back later with the reviews from Disneyland and DTD!

Thank you so much for the meal reviews!!! We liked Flo's for lunch and we had a decent meal from Lucky Fortune Cookery. We didn't try any of the other palces you did, so it is great to hear some feedback.

Thanks!

:goodvibes:

Continuing reviews:
Disneyland: We did Jolly Holiday twice, once for sandwiches and once for breakfast when Starbucks was too crowded. I tried the Caprese sandwich and it was good. It had lemon aioli and a pesto/balsamic spread. My opinion was that it didn't need both; I would have left off the lemon but that's just my taste. The pastries they have for breakfast provide many choices and they are always fresh. There are healthier options, too, including fruit cups, etc. My daughter had a quiche which she declared was the best food she had all week!
Dole Whip: Every time we passed the line was totally ridiculous so when we saw only a few in line on our last day we hopped to it...even though it was about 11 A.M.! Always so good!
Rancho del Zocalo: Lots of seating and lots of food(enough to share) and also lots of people! Pretty decent food and prepared fresh and to order. If you don't want beans and/or rice they have some veggies that you can substitute.
French Market: Lots of comfort food options. I got a roast beef sandwich that was loaded with meat on a very fresh roll. Others in my party got corn chowder in a bread bowl, meatloaf dinner, shrimp poboy, and jambalaya. Everything was quickly eaten so I guess it was delicious! Good array of desserts if you still have room, or you could get Mickey beignets at the window! Lots of seating but it was crowded at lunch. Nice entertainment from the jazz band, too!
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ: LOTS of food! Dinner had a couple more items than on the lunch menu and if you wanted some different veggies or had a non- meat eater they will bring you some skewers with tofu, peppers and potatoes that were very yummy! Dessert was not included but it was available, even with some items that were meant to be shared. The service was very good and we never felt rushed. They will keep bringing food until you are ready to burst! Nice entertainment and they even got some kids up on stage. My DS had his birthday button on so when we were done eating the server brought out a dessert with a candle and we sang happy birthday! They even turned the heaters on as it was cooling off after sundown.
Aladdin's Oasis: I was a bit hesitant to try this option for the Fantasmic passes but we were glad we did! It turned out to be one of the better bargains and the viewing spot was excellent for the show that night! For $20 a person you got a tray that included a small salad, your entree, a roll and a mini-cheesecake and your choice of drink! Plenty to eat and not crowded at all if you choose to eat there. Servers were very attentive and it was like we had our own private little lunch!

Downtown Disney: We went to LaBrea for brunch. You could order breakfast or lunch when we were there around 10:15ish. Everyone was happy with their choices and everything was very fresh. Service was good, too.
Earl of Sandwich: One of our favorites! Always good and lots of variety as well as lots of seating at picnic tables.
Don't know what it is about Disney bread but it was fresh and flavorful no matter where we got it; sandwiches and bread service.

Ooops, one place in Disneyland that I forgot: Redd Rockett's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland: good and fresh salads. Pizza and pasta are ok but akin to a franchise pizza place. Lots of seating inside and out.

Thanks for the review. We're going for the first time at the end of April and thinking about making a need to try list so we can eat outside the park for everything except what we really NEED to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter