Quick Florida Resident Rate/Placeholder question

Rjw615

Mouseketeer
We are looking at a SWDAS in Jan 2019, we have a placeholder that we booked on our past cruise. If we went ahead and booked the SWDAS now using the placeholder and down the road, a Florida resident rate comes out for the same cruise and the value is there to make it worthwhile to switch to a Florida resident rate, would we be allowed to switch that rate and keep our placeholder?

We are looking at a SWDAS in Jan 2019, we have a placeholder that we booked on our past cruise. If we went ahead and booked the SWDAS now using the placeholder and down the road, a Florida resident rate comes out for the same cruise and the value is there to make it worthwhile to switch to a Florida resident rate, would we be allowed to switch that rate and keep our placeholder?

Do you mean shift the placeholder to a different cruise and book the FLR rate as a new cruise? Yes, although there may be penalties if you are inside your PIF date. Keep in mind that placeholders have to be used within 24 months, so you can't shift it out too far.

To my knowledge, FLR can usually be added to a reservation without penalty regardless of the timing. However, I do not believe DCL allows one to "double-dip" on any discounts. So I don't believe you can get the placeholder benefits (discount and OBC) on a FLR rate. You'll have to decide which is the better option.

Enjoy your cruise!

Do you mean shift the placeholder to a different cruise and book the FLR rate as a new cruise? Yes, although there may be penalties if you are inside your PIF date. Keep in mind that placeholders have to be used within 24 months, so you can't shift it out too far.

Correct- move the placeholder to a different cruise, we are planning on three cruises next year, or two and a trip to Disneyland. Havent decided on that. 24 months wont be a problem but I had not thought about that.

To my knowledge, FLR can usually be added to a reservation without penalty regardless of the timing. However, I do not believe DCL allows one to "double-dip" on any discounts. So I don't believe you can get the placeholder benefits (discount and OBC) on a FLR rate. You'll have to decide which is the better option.

Enjoy your cruise!

Awesome! I knew we couldn't "double-dip" but good to know we can switch out the rates if the value is there. Thanks so much for the reply!

Awesome! I knew we couldn't "double-dip" but good to know we can switch out the rates if the value is there. Thanks so much for the reply!

You can't actually "switch out the rates." Prior to PIF, you can move the placeholder to another cruise in the future, and create a new booking for the FLR rate. After PIF, I don't know if you can move the "placeholder" forward, as it would be subject to penalty at that point; it might need to be cancelled (with penalty) - or just drop the placeholder benefits and take the FLR rate. FLR rates usually come out after PIF.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter