Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Thank you so much for all your time and effort to make the file to send out to everyone. That is very nice of you.

I sent my pm.

I just saw this recipe below. I don't know if someone else already posted it. It is a variation on the Oreo truffle balls so I thought it would be appropriate to include here. :goodvibes

Thin Mint Truffles

Thin+Mint+Truffles.JPG

Thin Mint Truffles
makes 24
1 9oz box Girl Scout Thin Mints {Or Keebler's Grasshopper Cookies!}
4 oz fat free cream cheese, slightly softened
16 oz Guittard's green mint chips OR white chocolate chips mixed with green food coloring*

In a food processor, pulse the Thin Mints a few times, and them blend them down until they are just crumbs. It might be easier to do this in two batches. Next, mix in the cream cheese and crumbs together in a bowl until well incorporated. Roll the mixture into 1 inch size balls, and place them on a wax paper covered baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for about 30 minutes, so the balls are easier to dip in the chocolate and do not fall apart.

Once the truffles have been in the fridge for a while, melt the green mint chips (OR white chocolate chips mixed with green food coloring) in a double broiler or a microwave safe bowl.

Roll the truffles in the green mint chocolate, and place them back on the wax paper. Once they have dried a little, place some white chocolate in a small zip lock bag and cut a tiny bit of one corner off the bag. Start small at first, then if you need, make the hole a little larger. Drizzle the white chocolate over the green truffles. Place the baking sheet back in the fridge so that the chocolate can set.

Link to recipe:

http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/2011/12/thin-mint-truffles-and-video.html

I just saw this recipe below. I don't know if someone else already posted it. It is a variation on the Oreo truffle balls so I thought it would be appropriate to include here. :goodvibes

These look so good!!!

I've sent out the recipe file to everyone who has sent me a PM, so if you did, and haven't gotten it yet, please let me know and I'll make sure it gets to you.

Thanks so much for doing this for us. I have just sent you a PM.

Again thanks.

I have a bunch of PM's with email addresses...and I will get them out tonight. I'm going to be gone for the day (assuming my car starts... it's -25 right now!) but I will hopefully have time to send them all out when I get home.

Just didn't want anything thinking I was ignoring them. :goodvibes

blestmom said:
I have a bunch of PM's with email addresses...and I will get them out tonight. I'm going to be gone for the day (assuming my car starts... it's -25 right now!) but I will hopefully have time to send them all out when I get home.

Just didn't want anything thinking I was ignoring them. :goodvibes

Thank you very much for sending the recipes!

These are fab recipes! Was looking for something quick, easy, cheap but good to make for my staff of 110-found it!!:cheer2:

Remember, these recipes aren't just for Christmas! They are good year round.

I found a new no-bake fudge recipe. If you are a Reese's peanut butter cup lover, this is a recipe for you!

NoBakeReese27sFudgeBars_zps67b02af7.jpg

No Bake Reese’s Fudge Bars

• 22 individual Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (regular size), unwrapped -16 for the bottom and 6 crumbled on the top
• 3 cups chocolate chips
• 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the peanut butter cups in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. (You should use 16 on the bottom)

Reesesfudge1_zps02952f65.jpg

Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until chips and milk are melted together.

Once everything is melted together, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Spread evenly over peanut butter cups in prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with the crumbled Reese's, pressing them lightly into the fudge. Cool until firm. I like to cool the fudge on the counter until it’s room temperature, then cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator to harden completely. Cut into squares and serve.

Adapted from Crazy for Crust: http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/04/reeses-fudge/

Time to dust off this thread again!

I just found another super easy recipe using Reese's peanut butter cups:

Surprise Reese’s Bottom Cheesecakes!

botfill-650x488.jpg

Here is the recipe for it. Basically use JELLO instant NO-Bake Cheesecake Mix or make your own no-bake Cheesecake recipe. This one is an easy one here:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/philadelphia-3-step-cheesecake-51208.aspx

Spoon on top of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups placed in the bottom of paper liners, in a cupcake pan.

Sprinkle mini Chocolate Chips and crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs on top.

botmid1-650x477.jpg

Here is the recipe link:
http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/11/reeses-bottom-cheesecake.html

I just spent the last 3 days reading the ENTIRE thread. Delicious sounding recipes. There are quite a few that I will be trying this year.

Thanks!!!

I know it's been a year, but is the doc still available to be sent out?
:)

It is! I have it as a Word Document or a .PDF file. Just sent me a PM with your email address, and which form you'd like it sent it.

I haven't updated it yet...hope to over the next few weeks. But am happy to send it out to anyone.

Happy baking!! Make some great holiday memories. :)

Time to dust off this thread again!

I just found another super easy recipe using Reese's peanut butter cups:

Surprise Reese’s Bottom Cheesecakes!

botfill-650x488.jpg

Here is the recipe for it. Basically use JELLO instant NO-Bake Cheesecake Mix or make your own no-bake Cheesecake recipe. This one is an easy one here:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/philadelphia-3-step-cheesecake-51208.aspx

Spoon on top of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups placed in the bottom of paper liners, in a cupcake pan.

Sprinkle mini Chocolate Chips and crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs on top.

botmid1-650x477.jpg

Here is the recipe link:
http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/11/reeses-bottom-cheesecake.html
Imzadi, these look awesome, I am going to hide these recipe's for next year. We just moved so no way I can do them now. How are you?

So glad I found this site, I tried quite a few of these recipes last year and will try a few new ones in addition to them this year, just wanted to say thank you

Hi everyone - my name is Penny and I am making a cookbook for a GKTW fundraiser next weekend. My Kid-Friendly & Appetizer sections were a little light. I knew I had found some recipes on the boards a few years ago and copied them. I was going to use them in the cookbook and identify them this way
Submitted by DIS Members to the Quick & Easy Christmas Treats Thread.

Hoping this is ok as I am trying to finish the cook book this weekend so I can print it on Monday. trying to find the person who first contributed each recipe would probably take a few days. hoping this is ok with everyone. Thanks, Penny

Hi everyone - my name is Penny and I am making a cookbook for a GKTW fundraiser next weekend. My Kid-Friendly & Appetizer sections were a little light. I knew I had found some recipes on the boards a few years ago and copied them. I was going to use them in the cookbook and identify them this way
Submitted by DIS Members to the Quick & Easy Christmas Treats Thread.

Hoping this is ok as I am trying to finish the cook book this weekend so I can print it on Monday. trying to find the person who first contributed each recipe would probably take a few days. hoping this is ok with everyone. Thanks, Penny

I think that's a lovely idea! Many blessings on the fundraiser for a very worthy cause. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!