Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Christmas countdown starting...... aaaarrrggghhh! I am so not ready:eek:

Dip to fancy up a fruit platter

Large tub of Cool whip
Small Individual Strawberry Yogurt

Stir together and plop in a bowl, Serve with fruit.

I made this last year and litterally everyone at the party asked for the recipie.

I HATE yogurt, I don't even like frozen yogurt , yet its soooo yummy in this.

It seems to make the cool whip less sweet, which makes the fruit not taste tart when dipped in it

I just found this on the Crockin Girls facebook page. I make similar fudge using a container of chocolate frosting and a jar of peanut butter. Melt it in the microwave and spread in pan. I believe I got the recipe on this thread. These look amazing!!!

Stupid easy Fudge
I thought it was too good not to pass on. This recipe is good if you don't have time, money, or not a great cook. You can use your small crockpot for this. You take one tub of premade frosting and one package of baking chips and melt the two together. Pour it into a lined or buttered pan and let it set up. If you want to get fancier you can. Below is a list of ideas.

GERMAN CHOCOLATE FUDGE- german chocolate frosting & chocolate chips
MINT CHCOLATE FUDGE- chocolate frosting & andies candy baking chips
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE- cream cheese frosting & peanut butter chips
PEANUT BUTTER CUP FUDGE- chocolate frosting & peanut butter chips
CHRISTMAS FUDGE- cream cheese frosting, white chips red and green cherries
CHEAM CHEESE FUDGE- cream cheese frosting & white chips
COOKIES AND CREAM FUDGE- cookies and cream frosting, white chips & about 10 oreos broken up and mixed in
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES FUDGE- chocolate frosting and cherry chips
FANCY CHERRY FUDGE- cream cheese frosting, white chips, cherry flavoring, cherry peices & sliced blanced almonds
MAPLE NUT FUDGE- cream cheese frosting, white chips, maple flavoring & walnuts
BUTTERSCOTCH SUPERMEME FUDGE - carmel pecan frosting, butterscotch chips, nuts, & heath bits
CHOCOLATE FUDGE - chocolate frosting and either chcolate or white chips.

Theses are just some ideas. You can use vanilla or cream cheese frosting, white chips and any flavoring of your choice to make the kind fudge you want. Add ins can be any nuts, fruits (cherries, coconut, pineapple ect), cookies, candies like m&ms, or sprinkles. you name it. Once you get started you will come up with lots of ideas. If you use something like heath bits or sliced blanced almond; sprinkling some on top and it makes it look facny. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Hi,

I have a variation on the Chocolate Peanut butter tarts I saw it on hgtv a while back and made them.
Use your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and make just like the other pushing them into a small muffin pan, or you can use premade sugar cookie dough and add 1 cup peanut butter. Then instead of pushing a peanut butter cup into it wait until the cookies cool and pipe in chocolate frosting so it kind of looks like a hersheys kiss. They are really good and easier than unwrapping candy if you want to make a bunch.

Also I like to make the eclair cakes. You use vanilla pudding the larger box and make it according to the pie directions (less milk) then mix in a tub of cool whip. Layer this with graham crackers squares in a cake pan similar to a lasagna and at the top finish with graham crackers and then ice like a cake with chocolate frosting. hmmm maybe I just like chocolate frosting. :lovestruc

Instead of the chocolate frosting try magic shell for the top..gets hard and its yummy :) i use the french vanilla pudding also.

thank you to the person who posted the oreo ball recipe! i made some on friday (i think i made em a little too big, but oh well, lol) and i took a bite yesterday to see how they were before packing them up to give to DD8's teachers today and they're SOOOOO good! my DD8 is a very picky eater, but she actually ate the other half w/o being coerced! hehe

you can use the nutter butter cookies too..make it just like the oreo balls.

I've sent out every request I've gotten so far. If someone hasn't gotten one who requested one, please send me another message with your email address, and if you'd prefer it Word or as a .pdf.

it wont let me send you a message :( but lol my email should be visible on my profile if you could send a word doc..thanks in advance :)

Time for this thread to get a bump up again!

I just found this recipe to make quick 6-8 minute caramels. If you add sea salt to the top right after you pour into a pan, you can make your salted caramels. Or add any other ingredients, like nuts, to make your own homemade caramels.

Microwave Caramels

pic4eI2Oh.jpg

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Cook 6 minutes (or more or less time, depending on microwave oven), stirring every two minutes.
3. Stir and pour into lightly greased dish.
4. Let cool.
5. Cut, wrap in wax paper & store in air tight container.

Be sure to cut and package before it completely sets!

You can also cut with your own cookie cutters:

picEoP56g.jpg
pictCXYEK.jpg

Recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-caramels-367414

Over the Thanksgiving weekend I'm going to try and update the recipe file with any new recipes, etc. If anyone has any they want to add (and I'll go through the thread and add ones already posted) send them in!

Over the Thanksgiving weekend I'm going to try and update the recipe file with any new recipes, etc. If anyone has any they want to add (and I'll go through the thread and add ones already posted) send them in!

Sent you a PM, thanks for doing this!

P.S. Love the puppy picture! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!