Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

I'm very excited about these recipes! How do I "subscribe" to a thread? I'm new here! :) Thanks!

To subscribe to a thread go to the top of the page, right above the first post on the page. There is a link on the right side towards the middle that says "thread tools". Click on "thread tools" and you will see "subscribe to this thread".

Hope this helps.

Thinking of everyone with this recipe:

Easy Chocolate Truffles Dipped in White Chocolate
Holly Klegg

Close your eyes for this bite of ecstasy–only three ingredients using your favorite familiar chocolate cookie. Make ahead and enjoy this rich and satisfying treat.

- 1 (1 pound 2-ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies

- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese

- 1 cup white chocolate chips

1. In food processor, combine chocolate sandwich cookies and cream cheese, pulsing until mixture forms a ball. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate 1 hour.

2. In microwave-safe dish, microwave white chocolate chips for one minute, remove and stir until melted and creamy. Dip top of each ball in white chocolate and return to wax paper. Refrigerate until white chocolate hardens.

Makes 4 1/2 dozen truffles

Spicy Advice: Once truffles are hardened, can transfer to resealable plastic bag. Keep refrigerated.

Cookie Dough Truffles

Take refrigerated store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough (it's safe to eat without cooking), pinch off some little bits, roll into small balls, dip in melted chocolate, place on wax paper to dry. Very easy! Then refrigerate until you're ready to eat! These freeze really well, too. YUM!

My daughter would love this....thank you:goodvibes

Bumping this back up to see who may have something new. I am wanting to try some new versions of chex mixes anyone?
Thanks
Kim

I was going to try making the Oreo Truffles, but then I read in one post that you had to refrigerate them. I wanted to include some in cookie tins that I make up, so that wouldn't work. :confused:

Does anybody have a similar recipe that does not require refrigeration when completed? :wizard:

I was going to try making the Oreo Truffles, but then I read in one post that you had to refrigerate them. I wanted to include some in cookie tins that I make up, so that wouldn't work. :confused:

Does anybody have a similar recipe that does not require refrigeration when completed? :wizard:

How about using frosting instead of the cream cheese in the recipe?:idea:

I just had some of these today, and they were not refridgerated. I think the refridgeration comes into play in the making process- you may need to refridgerated the mixture before forming it into balls and dipping it in chocolate.

Kim

I don't believe this is in here already, so I apologize if it is. And I do not know why it is called Marathon Mix, but it is really yummy

Marathon Mix

2 pkgs white bark flavored coating (I used the packages of squares, not the white morsels.)
6 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups cheerios
2 cups pretzel sticks
2 cups cashews
1 bag peanut butter M&M's
1 Cup Raisins

Combine everything but white bark in a huge bowl

Melt white bark in microwave according to package directions.

Toss cereal combination and white bark with a wooden spoon until completely coated.

Immediately spread out on a large piece of waxed paper until completely cooled and bark has solidified again.

Break into pieces and store in an airtight container

Makes a great sweet snack or holiday gift treat.

It took a piece of wax paper about 3.5 feet long to spread all this out to solidify again, and it does make quite a bit. Not cheap to make with the cashews, but honestly, now that I have made this, I think the cashews could be left out with no problem.

Blest Mom, I tried to send a PM requesting the recipe document but I do not have enough posts to post you privately. Will you (or some kind soul out there) PM me at Tinker Mel with a copy of the recipe document? Thanks a million and happy holidays!!!!

I just had some of these today, and they were not refridgerated. I think the refridgeration comes into play in the making process- you may need to refridgerated the mixture before forming it into balls and dipping it in chocolate.

Kim

If you completely coat the Oreo Truffle in chocolate it doesn't need to be refrigerated. Now, I wouldn't leave them out for weeks but a few days are just fine (at least, in my 3 years experience).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!