Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

I've sent out every request I've gotten so far. If someone hasn't gotten one who requested one, please send me another message with your email address, and if you'd prefer it Word or as a .pdf.

Hi! :hippie:
I've type-lifted several recipes from this thread that I'm going to be making very soon.
So I thought I'd make some additions of my own...

These are alot like the Oreo truffle balls - except its peanut butter on the inside...

Peanut Butter Balls

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 boxes Bakers Semisweet chocolate bars

Melt Butter and peanut butter in microwave for 1 minute. Stir and add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well with spoon or hands and roll into balls, put in fridge till firm. Melt chocolate bars in microwave and using toothpick dip balls into chocolate. Put back in fridge to cool chocolate until it hardens.

-----------------------------------

Note: When I make something like Oreo balls - or these Peanut Butter balls - I use a neat trick I found (dunno where - could have been somewhere on the dis boards! :confused3) - I take a plastic fork and break off the two middle prongs. Then I'm left with two outside prongs and a gap in the middle. Use that odd shaped fork to roll, lift, and slightly drain the chocolate from your truffle balls! Its easier than working with toothpicks - and it works like a charm!!! :thumbsup2

-----------------------------------

These are a really good treat I grew up with....
They are Delish!

Coconut Balls

8 oz Package Cream Cheese - softened
1 box Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup chopped Pecans
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 pack Flaked Coconut

Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, pecans and vanilla. Roll into balls and roll in the coconut. Set on wax paper to set up. Refrigerate in a covered container.

Finally - this is something I make year round - but its easy and simple and I thought it would be a nice addition here...

Chocolate Nachos

1/8 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 6-inch flour tortillas
1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes), melted
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1 teaspoon shortening

Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set Aside. Preheat oven to 350.
Brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter; sprinkle both sides
with cinnamon sugar mixture. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on a baking pan.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (wedges will crisp upon standing).
Meanwhile, melt chocolate pieces and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat until nice and smooth.
Remove tortilla wedges from oven and cool just a minute or two. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve warm or cool. Makes 16 wedges.

Enjoy - Happy baking to all!

Yummy! Thanks for all of them!

Eggnog Bundt Cake

1 pkg white cake mix
1 pkg (3.9oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup eggnog
¼ cup canola oil
2 t rum extract
1 ½ t ground nutmeg

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ t rum extract
3-4 t eggnog

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, eggnog, oil, extract and nutmeg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Pour into a well greased 10inch fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 for 38-41 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.

In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, extract, and enough eggnog to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake.

I just finished a batch of the Now Famous White Chocolate Popcorn.
I drizzled mine with some melted chocolate (half semi-sweet and half bittersweet) It is SOOOO GOOOOODD! :cloud9:

I also tried my hand at these:

Microwave Peanut Brittle

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
1 tsp margarine or butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Butter cookie sheet. In 1 1/2 Qt. microwave saft casserole, combine sugar & corn syrup. Microwave on high 4 minutes. Stir in peanuts. Microwave on high for 3 - 5 minutes or till light brown. Stir in margerine & vanilla; blend well. Microwave on high for 1 - 2 minutes (peanuts should be lightly browned). Add baking soda & stir gently till light & foamy. Pour onto buttered cookie sheet. Let cool 30 minutes. Break into pieces to serve.

First - Thank you for the recipe! It is quite an authentic tasting peanut brittle.
But...
I just wanna tell ya'll - don't just use any ol "Microwave safe container"!
I melted my good plastic bowl making these! :lmao:

You are literally boiling sugar in the microwave - and it gets Very Hot!!
Use a microwave safe Glass container... And be careful! That sugar is hot!

Thanks to everyone...
Off to do more baking.. :stir:

Has anyone successfully halved the Baileys fudge recipe? I've got two jars of fluff but DS(10) is insistent we make "nice" fudge not stuff for Daddy:rotfl: As I'm not a Bailey's fan I'm with him:thumbsup2 but I'd quite like to make some for DH and give some to DBIL.

Thanks so much for the recipe file. You did a beautiful job and I love having them all together.

:santa:

Thanks. blestmom. I love the recipe file. You did a great job with it!

Thanks everyone! I had so much fun putting it together, and it brings a smile to my face to think of many happy Disney families all over the country baking yummy treats this time of year.

Merry Christmas!

Awe, I havent been to the disboards in forever (sadly no trips in the near future to plan for) but it so made me smile to get a disboard notification in my inbox today! :) Ready for winter and all the comfort food that comes along with it!:love:

I'm the one who put together the recipe file last year, and I'm happy to do it again this year (and add new recipes to the file)...but...

my laptop's hard drive crashed in February, so I lost it all. Except I have it printed in hard copy. If anyone has the file on their computer and could re-send it back to me, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and re-enter all the info. Then I can add new recipes to it, and I'd be more than happy to send it to whomever would like it.

Thanks.

(If anyone has the file I sent on their hard drive and could send me a copy, just send me a PM and I'll send you my email address.)

Blestmom: I'm emailing you the file you sent me. Let me know if you receive it - if not I will resend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!