Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

What a great thread!! Thank you everyone, I am trying the fudge with the peanut butter and whitye icing now and will let you know how it comes out!! Disers are the BEST :lovestruc

Hi

Wonderful thread!!! Love the ideas!! Anything sugar free or would work for a diabetic? Going to friends house on New Years Eve and know that one of them is diabetic. Thanks!!

One of my faves....

Butterscotch Crunchies

1 12 oz pkg butterscotch chips
½ cup peanut butter
6 cups corn flakes

Melt butterscotch and peanut butter on medium low. Remove from heat. Stir in corn flakes. Drop teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with wax paper. Put into refrigerator until hardened.

Makes 4 ½ dozen cookies

These ALL sound wonderful! Does anyone have an easy Divinity Recipe?

mommyoeo said:
Just had to write to all of you and say THANKS!! I had to make gifts for 150 people this weekend and am nearly finished, and the treats turned out sooo well! 2 days of this is nearly killing me but I would have given up long ago if this site hadn't simplified the work a little.

YAHOO! :cheer2:

Y'all are awesome!!

OMG 150 people??? :worship:

corie161 said:
We usually just use a fork and flip the cracker around in the chocolate and take out, set on wax paper when they are done.

Now for my dumb question, I wanted to make the Thin Mints ones, but for the life of me can't find actual Peppermint Oil that isn't the extract. Where would I find this?

I found the oil at walmart but it is in the craft section. :rotfl: Dh thought this was very weird place for it. It was in the isle with the cake decorating stuff the walmart I went to it was on a hanging display at the end of the row. I have made it with the extract before but the chocolate seems to get thicker. Dh even makes these as he loves them.

lynn71092 said:
QUOTE=LightBurnsBlue]

Can this be made in the microwave?

I make this, and always make it in the microwave!!!! Usually about 3 minutes or until all of the cheese is melted.

I found Andes Mint baking chips with the chocolate chips at our SuperWalMart. Melted these & they worked like a dream. Had a little white chocolate left over from dipping pretzel sticks, so I tinted it light green w/ oil based tint & drizzled it over these. Looked "store bought" & very yummy!!! ;)

I made the popcorn with white almond bark tonight!!!! FABULOUS!! I took it out to the moms and kids playing outside/riding bikes, it disappeared instantly! Found out one lady in our compoud turned 40 today, made another batch, put it in a clear bag with ribbons, looked fabulous as a gift! Made two more batches tonight to take to teachers and DHs office tomorrow!!! I am so excited to find this! Now I need to try some of the other recipes!

Thanks everyone!
Katy :sunny:

thank you to the person who posted the oreo ball recipe! i made some on friday (i think i made em a little too big, but oh well, lol) and i took a bite yesterday to see how they were before packing them up to give to DD8's teachers today and they're SOOOOO good! my DD8 is a very picky eater, but she actually ate the other half w/o being coerced! hehe

Oh my GOSH.... I just saw bags of Oreo pieces on sale at Big Lots today (real brandname Oreo).... and I couldn't think of anything to do with them, so I didn't buy any! Looks like I might be going back!..............P

Katy Belle said:
I made the popcorn with white almond bark tonight!!!! FABULOUS!! I took it out to the moms and kids playing outside/riding bikes, it disappeared instantly! Found out one lady in our compoud turned 40 today, made another batch, put it in a clear bag with ribbons, looked fabulous as a gift! Made two more batches tonight to take to teachers and DHs office tomorrow!!! I am so excited to find this! Now I need to try some of the other recipes!

Thanks everyone!
Katy :sunny:
I made it today for our work Christmas party on Wed., and plan to give it to co-workers. Very impressive..............now if I can only keep DS and DH's hands out of it... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Actually, I will probably make a few more batches, since it is so good and very pretty looking with red and green sugar sprinkled on it.

Thanks again

I thought I posted this, but I can't find it, so if it is a duplicate I am sorry.

Lightly grease a 9x9 pan (or larger).

Melt a 12 oz pkg butterscotch chips with a TBL of butter (butter can be omitted). Spread in pan.

Quickly lightly press as many miniature marshmallows into butterscotch.

Repeat the melt with 12 0z chocolate chips. Spread on top of marshmallows.

Let set. Cut up.

Potato Candy- very easy and suitable for children to make:

Cook and mash small potato (can use instant or frozen)

Add a half teaspoon of vanilla.

Start adding powdered sugar and mix after each addition until you get a dough consistency. A smallish potato will take almost a box of powdered sugar.

Roll out on waxed paper. Spread with peanut butter. Roll up like jellyroll. Slice.

Very tasty, and easy for little ones to make. We used to give the children each a ball of dough and let them roll it out and do the rest.

Here's a new one I spotted on the Chex cereal box I just purchased to make Muddy Buddies;o) It is supposed to be inspired by the new "Narnia" movie....

Narnia - Winter White Clusters

1 C white vanilla baking chips
9 C Chex cereal
2 C salted dry roasted peanuts
2 C miniature marshmallows
1 pkg (20oz) vanilla flavored candy coating

1. Place baking chips in freezer to chill.
2. In large bowl, mix cereal, peanuts, pretzels,and marshmallows. Set aside.
3. In large microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating, stirring occassionally until smooth.
4. Gently & quickly stir in cereal mixture until coated; stir in chilled baking chips.
5. Spread on wax paper until cooled.
6. Break into chunks & store in airtight container in refrigerator.

32 (1/2 C each) servings.

Great thread!

Does anyone have a recipe for coconut balls? I know it is made with orange juice and I think powdered sugar, but not sure what else?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Another recipe I am searching for is something called "stained glass" or "broken glass" but it is a hard candy and broke up into pieces? I think it had either jolly ranchers melted or something and it was really "glassy". It might have also been "minty" but not sure if I am correct on that one. Anyway, it was really pretty and shiny and also very tasty!

Thanks!

You guys!!! I gained 2 pounds this week....

The kids love everything I have tried off this thread... which has been way too many things, lol.

Now, if only I can find enough time to read & make these!!! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!