Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

1-14 oz. box Big Cheez-It Crackers (have to use the BIG ones)

Creamy peanut butter (any brand…I ended up using a no sugar added Peter Pan and it worked just fine)

1-24 oz. package chocolate bark (I think Wilton’s chocolate discs might work too)

Spread a cracker with creamy peanut butter and place another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. If the bark hasn't all melted, return to the microwave for 20 seconds. Dip "sandwiches" into the melted bark and coat thoroughly. Allow to set/harden on waxed paper. Voila...they taste like Butterfingers! This makes about 5 dozen.

We make pizza dip the following way:

In the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan (or whatever works) use your hands or the wrapper flatten out 2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese. Sprinkle dried chopped onions over this. This would be like your pizza "crust". Then pour a jar of prepared pizza sauce over it. Chop up a few ounces of pepperoni into tiny bits and sprinkle that over the sauce. Then top with 8 oz shredded mozzerella. Bake at 350 for ~15 min or until mozzerella is cooked and bubbly. Serve with corn chips to dip in it. Yum, yum, yum!

disneymom3 said:
These sound yummy! I have a question thought--is there really just egg, sugar and butter in those cookies? They hold their shape?

And I am wondering if you bake the second cookies on parchment? I didn't know you could put wax paper in the oven. Wouldn't the wax come off?

Gee, I don;t want to sound like I am picking on your post, just confused.

Yes, that is all you need for the cookies and yes, if you let them cool before you pick them up they do hold their shape.

Sorry, I meant parchment paper.

jlw29 thank you so much for the dip recipe. I look forward to trying this on Saturday.

This is a really easy dessert recipe. Everyone always wants me to bring it to a party.

Death by Chocolate:

1 box of Devils Food Cake mix
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
1 large container of Cool Whip
1 bag of Oreo cookies

Make cake according to directions and let cool. Make pudding according to directions. In a large bowl layer the ingredients. Crumbled cake, pudding, crushed Oreo cookies, Cool Whip. Do this three times. Put in refrigerator overnight. You can add other ingredients such as chocolate syrup, sprinkles, different flavored cookies, tinted Cool Whip to coordinate with the holiday, etc. Best if made and put in the refrigerator overnight. Delicious!

DD's teachers and our neighbors will love these treats !!!! Thanks ya'll.

shades said:
Muddy Buddies!

9 C. Chex cereal (rice ones are best for this recipe)
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
1/4 C. margarine
1/4 t. vanilla
1 1/2 C. confectioner's (powdered) sugar

Put the powdered sugar in a plastic bag or big bowl with lid and set aside. Melt choc chips, peanut butter & margarine in microwave. Add vanilla & mix thorougly and then stir in cereal until coated. Work quickly - before the mixture cools off too much! Add the chocolate coated cereal to the bag/bowl of powdered sugar and shake until all pieces are coated with sugar. Dump/spread out onto a baking sheet and allow to cool/set. Store in air-tight container.
My kids love these, they don't last very long at my house...

WebmasterKelsie said:
These are great! Thank you! :)

I have a couple!

This is very easy and one of my favorites.

Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cookies (tastes like Reese's)

1-Cup Peanut Butter
1-Cup Sugar
1-Egg

Mix together and form into balls. Use a fork dipped in sugar to flatten the cookies (criss-cross). Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, place a Hershey's Chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool totally before removing them from the cookie sheet, they are a bit fragile. There are very good!

I saw another great idea on TV last night. Make your favorite Sugar Cookies (or use the ready made). Cut into large stars and then cut a smaller star out of the middle. Crush 'Life Savers' (place in plastic bag and beat them ;) ). Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the stars on the cookie sheet and fill in the middle star with the crushed candy. You can do all one color or mix them. Bake cookies at 350 for about 8 minutes and let them cool completely before removing them from the parchment paper. They look like stained glass and are very cute!!

I bet these would work great with candy canes too!

ckoncurat said:
Almond toffe squares:

This is horribly addictive. I made these saturday night to package for gifts and my family ate a whole pan already. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Sorry to be a pain, but still wondering if these can be made ahead and then frozen. Anyone know? Thanks so much!

I just want to add..I did the cookies with the crushed candies that melt...they are really beautiful, but no one really ate them because you have this hard chunk in the middle of the soft cookie...

WebmasterKelsie said:
Yes, that is all you need for the cookies and yes, if you let them cool before you pick them up they do hold their shape.

Sorry, I meant parchment paper.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Sugar, peanut butter and an egg.....how can you go wrong :cool1: I am going to have to try these for sure.

I don't think I saw this one mentioned yet-

I have to make 11 dozen baked goods for a work cookie exchange day on Monday and I need EASY recipes-my favorite is:

Chocolate & Peanut Butter tarts:

Make your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe (or use the refrigerated kind if you need super easy!) and roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place in greased miniature muffin tins. Press dough evenly on the bottom and up the sides of each cup. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until set. After removing them from the oven, place a mini peanut butter cup in each muffin cup and press down gently. Cool completely--I like to give them a jumpstart by putting them in the fridge for 10 minutes so the chocolate doesn't melt as much as if you were to let them cool on the counter for the entire time.

These are great and are just the right size and very easy.

mslil65 said:
1-14 oz. box Big Cheez-It Crackers (have to use the BIG ones)

Creamy peanut butter (any brand…I ended up using a no sugar added Peter Pan and it worked just fine)

1-24 oz. package chocolate bark (I think Wilton’s chocolate discs might work too)

Spread a cracker with creamy peanut butter and place another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. If the bark hasn't all melted, return to the microwave for 20 seconds. Dip "sandwiches" into the melted bark and coat thoroughly. Allow to set/harden on waxed paper. Voila...they taste like Butterfingers! This makes about 5 dozen.

Who'd have thought? Reading the first ingredient, I thought ugh, cheese crackers and chocolate, but you have me intrigued--these are going on the list.

Anyone else feeling like they are going to have to buy almond bark by the truckload? These all sound soooo good.

How do you all feel almond bark vs choc chips compare? Do the choc chips harden up as well? I just sometimes--depending on the recipe--have not liked the flavor all that well using almond bark, but it does get nice and firm.

horner5 said:
I have to make 11 dozen baked goods for a work cookie exchange day on Monday

Holy cow! That's a lot of baking! :earseek:
Makes me curious--and sorry for being OT--but how many dozens of baked goods does everyone make for the holidays?
I think I'm stopping at 6.

Here's some super easy appetizer/snacky things.......

Chili and Cheese dip
Spread 1 8oz package of cream cheese in the bottom of a 8x8 cake pan.
Spread 1 can of Hormel chili on the top
Sprinkle shredded chedder chhes over that and bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted...I think about 15 minutes.
Dip tortilla chips into this and enjoy.

Cupa Cupa
This sounds gross but is absolutely wonderful. I am positive that there aren't enough Weight Watcher points on earth to cover this! LOL

1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of onions
1 cup of mayonnaise

mix together and bake for ~ 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. (Cheese will be bubbly) Serve with Breton crackers or any that you like.

(I use only about 1/3 cup of onions and probably 1 1/2 cups of cheese)

Hot Crackers (this is what my kids call them)
Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
Place Triscuits on the foil....use as many as you'll want to eat
Place a piece of jalapeno cheese on each triscuit.
Put on a 350 degree oven until cheese is melted. YUM

horner5 said:
I don't think I saw this one mentioned yet-

I have to make 11 dozen baked goods for a work cookie exchange day on Monday and I need EASY recipes-my favorite is:

Chocolate & Peanut Butter tarts:

Make your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe (or use the refrigerated kind if you need super easy!) and roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place in greased miniature muffin tins. Press dough evenly on the bottom and up the sides of each cup. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until set. After removing them from the oven, place a mini peanut butter cup in each muffin cup and press down gently. Cool completely--I like to give them a jumpstart by putting them in the fridge for 10 minutes so the chocolate doesn't melt as much as if you were to let them cool on the counter for the entire time.

These are great and are just the right size and very easy.

These are my families favorites and have become my signiture at parties. ....I just made15 dz. last night for a Christmas Shop at DD's school..
To make it even easier, I bake the PB Cup with the cookie. They taste exactly the same...Also, another hint. If you don't have a cookie press to make the indentation, the cap from a water bottle works great, just the right size. And to avoid the cookie dough sticking to whatever your pressing with dip it in flour after every couple of uses.
Thank you to everyone for all these great ideas. My Girl Scout troop is going to have a field day next week making treats for their families.

Hi,

I have a variation on the Chocolate Peanut butter tarts I saw it on hgtv a while back and made them.
Use your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and make just like the other pushing them into a small muffin pan, or you can use premade sugar cookie dough and add 1 cup peanut butter. Then instead of pushing a peanut butter cup into it wait until the cookies cool and pipe in chocolate frosting so it kind of looks like a hersheys kiss. They are really good and easier than unwrapping candy if you want to make a bunch.

Also I like to make the eclair cakes. You use vanilla pudding the larger box and make it according to the pie directions (less milk) then mix in a tub of cool whip. Layer this with graham crackers squares in a cake pan similar to a lasagna and at the top finish with graham crackers and then ice like a cake with chocolate frosting. hmmm maybe I just like chocolate frosting. :lovestruc

DisneyDotty said:
Holy cow! That's a lot of baking! :earseek:
Makes me curious--and sorry for being OT--but how many dozens of baked goods does everyone make for the holidays?
I think I'm stopping at 6.

In a usual christmas season, I bake about 200 dozen (yes 200!) cookies of about a total of 15-20 different varieties and give trays to everyone, but this year I was on call in trauma ICU in November and am in the Peds ICU this month, so I'll be lucky to make 2 or 3 batches total of my husband and kids' favorites. :guilty:

I was going to make some of the Almond Toffe Squares because they sound soooo good. Where do you find heath brickle bits in the grocery store?

jlw29 said:
We make pizza dip the following way:

In the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan (or whatever works) use your hands or the wrapper flatten out 2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese. Sprinkle dried chopped onions over this. This would be like your pizza "crust". Then pour a jar of prepared pizza sauce over it. Chop up a few ounces of pepperoni into tiny bits and sprinkle that over the sauce. Then top with 8 oz shredded mozzerella. Bake at 350 for ~15 min or until mozzerella is cooked and bubbly. Serve with corn chips to dip in it. Yum, yum, yum!

I made this last night and it was very delicious. The only drawback was that the cheese became hard and it was difficult to scoop some onto my tortilla chip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!