Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Shagley

If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will r
Let share some quick and easy Christmas or other Holiday treat ideas/recipes for those of us who don't have time to make lots of cookies. Please only include ideas/recipes that take less than 30 minutes to make. My favorite is...

Pretzel wreaths
Ingredients
Pretzel rings (round shaped pretzels)
Hershey's Hugs
Christmas M&M's
Easy release aluminum foil

Line a cookie sheet with easy release aluminum foil. Place the prezel rings flat on the cookie sheet. Place one Hershey Hug in the center of each pretzel ring. Put the cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 3 minutes (just until the Hug gets melty). Remove from oven and place an M&M on top of each hug, and press the M&M down so the melted Hug fills the center of the pretzel ring. Let cool for 5 minutes (until the Hug has set up a bit) and remove from pan. Place on wax paper to completely cool.

12/06/2007 - Here is a link to page 53 - go to posts #791 & 792 for a printable list of recipes. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=22065042#post22065042

We just made these last night.....only we used the square pretzels that look like waffles. Our directions also were for 170 degree oven for 10 minutes and then 10 minutes in the fridge.

They are the perfect sweet-salty combination.

Almond toffe squares:
12 whole graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Assorted nuts and/or chocolate chips as desired

Preheat oven to 400
Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay out graham crackers on top
Stir together butter and brown sugar on the stovetop until boiling. Boil 1 minute.
Pour butter mixture over graham crackers. Put in the oven
Bake 3-6 minutes until bubbly.
Remove from oven. Cool slightly. Spinke on toppings as desired (I used crushed pecans, semi-sweet chocolate chips and heath brickle bits.
Cool completely. Breal each cracker into 4 sections.
Makes 48 squares.(rectangles)

This is horribly addictive. I made these saturday night to package for gifts and my family ate a whole pan already. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Christmas bark
Last year I made it with
melted white chocolate chips and broken up candy canes- just line a pan with the easy release Reynolds wrap- pour on the melted white chocolate and sprinkle the top with the candy cane pieces. Let harden and break into chunks.
This year I am adding a bottom layer of chocolate-
It was SO easy and looked so pretty(I put it in little bags and gave them out to the neighbors.)

I dont have a cute name for it, but i like taking big pretzel sticks, sticking them into melted almond bark (about 3/4 in, leave a little bit of pretzel for a handle), and then sprinkling them with whatever (crushed candy, sprinklies, etc) and leaving on waxed paper to harden.

I didn't make this but my friend did. She took a bag of chocolate chips and a bag of butterscotch chips and melted them together and then added spanish peanuts. You then just put spoonfuls of the mixture on wax paper on a cookie sheet and place them in the fridge til they harden. Not only are they super easy they taste wonderful!

Muddy Buddies!

9 C. Chex cereal (rice ones are best for this recipe)
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
1/4 C. margarine
1/4 t. vanilla
1 1/2 C. confectioner's (powdered) sugar

Put the powdered sugar in a plastic bag or big bowl with lid and set aside. Melt choc chips, peanut butter & margarine in microwave. Add vanilla & mix thorougly and then stir in cereal until coated. Work quickly - before the mixture cools off too much! Add the chocolate coated cereal to the bag/bowl of powdered sugar and shake until all pieces are coated with sugar. Dump/spread out onto a baking sheet and allow to cool/set. Store in air-tight container.

shades said:
Muddy Buddies!

1/4 C. margarine
1/4 t. vanilla

Put the powdered sugar in a plastic bag or big bowl with lid and set aside. Melt choc chips, peanut butter & margarine in microwave. Add vanilla & mix thorougly and then stir in cereal until coated. Work quickly - before the mixture cools off too much! Add the chocolate coated cereal to the bag/bowl of powdered sugar and shake until all pieces are coated with sugar. Dump/spread out onto a baking sheet and allow to cool/set. Store in air-tight container.

YUM! We always called this puppy chow. I remember when my brother was about 3 he cried so hard when I tried to get him to eat it, he thought I was feeding him dog food :rotfl:

Yummy mix...

1 cup m&m's
1 cup peanuts
1 cup pretzel sticks
1 cup Crispix cereal
1 cup rice chex
1 cup wheat chex
1 bag white chocolate chips

Melt choc chips in bowl in microwave - stir in stuff and mix well. Drop by teaspoon-fulls on wax paper or even just spread it out and let it harden. Break into pieces and you're done! My kids FAVORITE!

staci said:
YUM! We always called this puppy chow. I remember when my brother was about 3 he cried so hard when I tried to get him to eat it, he thought I was feeding him dog food :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Too funny!!! :rotfl:

Eggs & Bacon

Pretzel Sticks
Almond Bark
Yellow M&M's

Lay pretzel sticks usually 2-3 next to eachother on wax paper. Melt the almond bark and drizzel 1 tbsp over each grouping of pretzels. Enough to make the pretzels "stick" together, set a yellow m&m on top of the white almond bark. Once it is hard, you can take off the paper. It looks like bacon sticks, the melted bark looks like eggs and the m&m is the yolk of the egg. They are so cute.

These are super easy. Similar to rice krispy treat, but made with cornflakes so they look like wreaths. The kids like putting on the red hots.

Cornflake Wreath Cookies

1/2 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon green food coloring
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups cornflakes cereal
1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies

1. Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir. (This can be done in a double boiler if one doesn't have a microwave.)
2. Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
3. Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.

Just subscribing...great ideas!

shades said:
Muddy Buddies!

1/4 C. margarine
1/4 t. vanilla

My DH's aunt makes this every year at Christmas and my DD's LOVE IT!!!

She always makes ENTIRELY too much though and usually can't get rid of the stuff. I often sometimes wonder if we are eating last years batch..LOL

subscribing so I can find this when I get home!!

Shagley said:
Pretzel wreaths
Ingredients
Pretzel rings (round shaped pretzels)
Hershey's Hugs
Christmas M&M's
Easy release aluminum foil

Line a cookie sheet with easy release aluminum foil. Place the prezel rings flat on the cookie sheet. Place one Hershey Hug in the center of each pretzel ring. Put the cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 3 minutes (just until the Hug gets melty). Remove from oven and place an M&M on top of each hug, and press the M&M down so the melted Hug fills the center of the pretzel ring. Let cool for 5 minutes (until the Hug has set up a bit) and remove from pan. Place on wax paper to completely cool.

We mass produce these every year for teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and family. We use candy wafers (I like vanilla) from the candy section of the craft store. You can buy a bag for around $1.70. Much cheaper than Hershey Kisses and much easier than unwrapping all the candy. They also come in different colors.

Yummy treat and agreat gift.

Tammy

This past weekend I made a few of the fudge wreaths from Oprah when Rachel Ray was on. I made it for our Church fair and they sold it all within an hour. There were a few pieces cut up for samples and then they cut the remaining wreaths up for sale and bagged them. I already have had 5 calls requesting the receipe, so I thought I'd share it here:

1 bag semi sweet chips
1 cup butterscotch chips (or peanut butter or caramel chips)
1 small can condensed milk (14 oz)
1 tbls vanilla

Melt this all in a pot and when done, throw in handfuls of raisins, peanuts and marshmellows (R.R. did walnuts and raisins) and mix. Scoop it into a cake pan with the condensed milk can in the center (wrapped in plastic wrap) to make it shaped like a wreath. Stick it in the fridge for about 1/2 hour or so and it's done.

I am in Physical Rehab for a THR and am going to make a choc. peanut butter version and a white chocolate caramel version for them for the holidays.

These rock! They are so tasty. It makes plenty to share

INGREDIENTS:
1 (11 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 (5 ounce) cans chow mein noodles
3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
LINE baking sheets or trays with waxed paper.
MICROWAVE morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir.
Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until well-blended.
Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; toss until coated.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

DOUBLE BOILER METHOD: MELT morsels over hot (not boiling) water; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Transfer to large bowl. Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; proceed as above.

How about dipping oreos, nutterbutters, pretzles, any other yummy cookie in the red and green melted wafers and sprinkle with colored sprinkles, place them on a large doiley on a tray/plate. Very easy and they look pretty too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!