Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

thin mints (taste like the girl scout cookies)

Ritz crackers
chocolate mint flavored wafers from AC moore

Melt wafers in microwave for 30 second or until melted. Dip cracker. Place on wax paper. Refrigerate 15 minutes

Cookie Dough Truffles

Take refrigerated store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough (it's safe to eat without cooking), pinch off some little bits, roll into small balls, dip in melted chocolate, place on wax paper to dry. Very easy! Then refrigerate until you're ready to eat! These freeze really well, too. YUM!

p2oh said:
A really simple treat for peanut butter lovers.

1 pkg refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
1 bag miniature peanut butter cups
powdered sugar

Take enough dough to wrap around a peanut butter cup, make into a ball, and place on ungreased cookie pan, bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.

I'm gonna have to try this one!! I'm going to make a few of these to take with us to Florida for a holiday vacation. We are staying at Shades of Green 23 Dec-3 Jan and I want some holiday treats with us;o)

BrinxFam said:
G'ma started the tradition of punch for every holiday. This is how she taught us to make it.

Mix:
1pkg. black cherry kool-aid
1pkg. cherry kool-aid
2 cups of sugar
1 qt. of water
1 large can of pineapple juice
Pour into an empty ice cream bucket and freeze.

When ready to serve, tip out of the bucket into the punch bowl and pour 7-up over top. The 7-up will cause the "ice" to get slushy. It is very good but will stain.

I've also had the puppy chow mentioned earlier and we love it made with Crispix cereal instead of Chex. A friend made hers with Cheerios instead of Chex and peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. She called this "Kitten Chow".

Thanks for the "kitten chow" version :banana: We love butter scotch chips and are going to have to try it with Cheerios, too!

This is such a FUN thread!!

Klait - is the recipe you shared a cheese dip? Do you mix everything by hand or with the mixer?

I have not been able to find the pretzels in the round shape for the pretzel wreaths recipe. Anyone know where to find these?

bonkos6

The recipe is for a Pizza Dip...stir well in a bowl and put into pan.

KLAIT said:
bonkos6

The recipe is for a Pizza Dip...stir well in a bowl and put into pan.

sounds good; do you serve it with bread or crackers or what?

This was in the paper today.

1 package Oreo cookies
1 package cream cheese (room temperature)
chocolate for dipping

1. Chop Oreos in a food processor until nothing but crumbs remain. Put crumbs in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with cream chees until doughlike. Roll into balls about 1 inch in dimameter and chill.
2. After chilling, dip the Oreo balls in melted chocolate and let dry on waxed paper. An optional decoration would be to drizzle white choclate across the top or dip the Oreo balls in white chocolate and drizzle with dark chocolate.

(In the picture they did them in red chocolate and brown chocolate drizzle. They look incredible.)

staci

Have always had it with bite size Tostidos, but I guess you could use anything...

The Easist and Best Fudge ever!!

I make this every year- I have fun changing the recipe around.

1 container of chocolate frosting
1 12 ox bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
3 snickers bars, chopped

Melt choc chips (stovetop or microwave)- remove from heat. Stir in frosting.

At this point you can either: mix in chopped candy bar or put the mixture into a pan and sprinkle with candy bars. I prefer to mix it in-

Add to a 9" square pan- refrigerate until cooled. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Tips: Line the pan with alum foil for easy removal. Add any kind of candy bar you like...change the chips- last time I used peanut butter chips...yum!

I like this recipe because you do not need to refrigerate (only to cool) it like many fudge recipes. Enjoy!! :sunny:

Kayla's Mom said:
Another Ritz treat.....add peppermint oil to melted chocolate bark and dip the Ritz in the chocolate. They are similar to the girl scout thin mint cookies.......
how much peperment oil.

Karalea said:
Our family favorite is super easy:

Melt a bag of chocolate chips and a stick of butter in a large pan. Let cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in a bag of colored minature marshmallows -plain, white works too but not nearly as pretty in the end.

Form the mixture into 3 logs on waxed paper. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, coconut or powdered sugar. Roll up and put in the refrigerator until firm. These are really pretty when sliced.

These are extra yummy if you also stir in a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter into the chocolate mixture and top with chopped peanuts.
sounds yummy.

bear74 said:
how much peperment oil.

I have always done it to taste. Someone else in this thread said they used 1/8 of a teaspoon I believe, along with 1 lb of chocolate. Sorry, I don't know for sure. I just start adding it in small amounts until it tastes right. :flower:

K&KsMom said:
What is Vernors? I have never heard of it. Does anyone have a recipe for a pizza dip?
Vernor's is gingerale where we are. :)

WebmasterKelsie said:
These are great! Thank you! :)

I have a couple!

This is very easy and one of my favorites.

Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cookies (tastes like Reese's)

1-Cup Peanut Butter
1-Cup Sugar
1-Egg

Mix together and form into balls. Use a fork dipped in sugar to flatten the cookies (criss-cross). Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, place a Hershey's Chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool totally before removing them from the cookie sheet, they are a bit fragile. There are very good!

I saw another great idea on TV last night. Make your favorite Sugar Cookies (or use the ready made). Cut into large stars and then cut a smaller star out of the middle. Crush 'Life Savers' (place in plastic bag and beat them ;) ). Line your cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place the stars on the cookie sheet and fill in the middle star with the crushed candy. You can do all one color or mix them. Bake cookies at 350 for about 8 minutes and let them cool completely before removing them from the waxed paper. They look like stained glass and are very cute!!

These sound yummy! I have a question thought--is there really just egg, sugar and butter in those cookies? They hold their shape?

And I am wondering if you bake the second cookies on parchment? I didn't know you could put wax paper in the oven. Wouldn't the wax come off?

Gee, I don;t want to sound like I am picking on your post, just confused.

disneymom3 said:
These sound yummy! I have a question thought--is there really just egg, sugar and butter in those cookies? They hold their shape?

And I am wondering if you bake the second cookies on parchment? I didn't know you could put wax paper in the oven. Wouldn't the wax come off?

Gee, I don;t want to sound like I am picking on your post, just confused.

I have made the peanut butter cookies; that is all that is in them! They are very peanutbuttery and wonderful. Probably not so good FOR you :rotfl: but totally worth it and very easy.

Has anyone made the easy fudge with white chocolate? I was thinking of white/vanilla frosting, white chocolate chips, and craisins or maybe the new strawberries and cream hershey's bars (so good by the way).

Great ideas all around. And we call the yummy mix "white trash". I think it's how I gained fifty pounds in college (wonderful for studying)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!