Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Whoa, we love popcorn and that sounds yummy!

It is! I made another batch today using butterscotch chips instead of the kisses. It was also incredible!

When I went to the store later, I found the dark chocolate/mint truffle kisses. I think I'll try those next. I think they will make a fabulous minty caramel!!! I'll be sure to come back and report how it turns out.

It is! I made another batch today using butterscotch chips instead of the kisses. It was also incredible!

When I went to the store later, I found the dark chocolate/mint truffle kisses. I think I'll try those next. I think they will make a fabulous minty caramel!!! I'll be sure to come back and report how it turns out.

OMG, dark chocolate mint truffle kisses? OMG, please report back in!

Thank you so much to everyone who has shared such yummy recipes in this thread.

My 13-year-old daughter loves to bake, and she is so excited for all the holiday baking we are going to do.

I made a Word document for her with most of the recipes from this thread, in alphabetical order. I added photos if there were any that went with the recipe, and I also added variations that other posters shared. If there wasn't a picture of the recipe posted in the thread, I looked online and tried to find a picture for several of the recipes, so my daughter could have a visual idea. It's long...71 pages.

If anyone would like a copy of it, I'm happy to share.

Feel free to send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you a copy.

Happy baking! :goodvibes

QUESTION: When making these Oreo truffle balls, do you need to have some type of gloves on so they don't stick to you? I've heard to use kitchen latex gloves, but I cannot find them in any of the stores so I've been hesitant to make these yet.

Any suggestions?

I use a dab of crisco on my hands. :) It works when making oreo truffles, cake balls/truffles, and krispy treats. HTH!

I just read this recipe, and I can't think of anything quicker or easier than this...

Cookie Splatters

Take saltine crackers, salt side down, and spread them with the frosting of your choice.

That's it! This is a good way to use up leftover frosting, and can also serve as a quick snack to keep people out of your kitchen and baked goodies you are saving for later.

Maria :upsidedow

This is always a hit and tastes just like a Reesse's Peanut Butter Cup.

Base:
2 cups peanut butter (nuts or not)
5 cups powdered sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together by hand and spread on a 10 X 13 cookie sheet
Flatten by covering with saran wrap and flattening with a rolling pin. Remove saran wrap.
Melt 1 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chipsand 1/2 cup butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Pour and spread over peanut butter mixture and refrigerate until hardened.

My 13-year-old daughter loves to bake, and she is so excited for all the holiday baking we are going to do.

I made a Word document for her with most of the recipes from this thread, in alphabetical order. I added photos if there were any that went with the recipe, and I also added variations that other posters shared. If there wasn't a picture of the recipe posted in the thread, I looked online and tried to find a picture for several of the recipes, so my daughter could have a visual idea. It's long...71 pages.

If anyone I've sent the Word file to has had any problem opening it, please let me know, and I can send it also as a .pdf file.

:goodvibes

Most areas has at least 1 cake an candy supply shop in the area that sells good quality chocolate an white chocolate sugar free discs for those who can not have sugar. The sugar free chocolate can be used with any of these recipies.

Even if still adding sugar or corn syrup least you save the diabetic person the sugar in chocolate. To take it a step further tho make them pretzles an cracker stuff that does not have added sugar.

When adding candies to the white chocolate for peppermint bark you can use sugar free mints.

For those who is on a limited salt diet you can use the low salt pretzles an crackers with either the regular chocolate or sugar free.

Also in the candy section of most stores there is sugar free candy now including reese's sugar free peanut butter cups.

Here's a recipe that I got from another DIS'er who got it from a blog. It's for the yummiest, easiest caramel popcorn ever!!!

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn

1 3.3 oz. popped kettle corn, unpopped kernels removed
1 C. dry roasted peanuts
2 C. unwrapped pumpkin spice kisses
6 Tbsp. butter
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
1/3 C. corn syrup
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn and nuts on a large rimmed baking sheet that has been lightly coated with non stick spray.

Place all other ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil. Remove from heat and pour evenly over popcorn. Gently stir to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and pour onto parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces.

If you can't find the pumpkin spice kisses, you can substitute a cup of butterscotch chips. You could also add some pumpkin pie spice to taste.

I can't wait to try this with the chocolate mint kisses that come out at Christmas time. I also want to try it with the cherry cordial kisses. This is so yummy and so easy!

I tried this last night with the dark chocolate mint truffle kisses. It is really yummy!!! Next time will be the cherry cordial kisses!

Wow. Thank you very much.

Most areas has at least 1 cake an candy supply shop in the area that sells good quality chocolate an white chocolate sugar free discs for those who can not have sugar. The sugar free chocolate can be used with any of these recipies.

Even if still adding sugar or corn syrup least you save the diabetic person the sugar in chocolate. To take it a step further tho make them pretzles an cracker stuff that does not have added sugar.

When adding candies to the white chocolate for peppermint bark you can use sugar free mints.

For those who is on a limited salt diet you can use the low salt pretzles an crackers with either the regular chocolate or sugar free.

Also in the candy section of most stores there is sugar free candy now including reese's sugar free peanut butter cups.

Little FYI for those of you without sugar free candy experience... to much sugar free candy will give you the hershey squirts... My dad found this out the hard way. My diabetic husband left a small box of sugar free candy at my parents house. My dad decided to eat more than he should have and he was on the toilet a lot. My husband chuckles when we relive that story!

Might want inform potential consumers of the "side" effect!

:scared1:

Thanks for the email!! Can't wait to start trying some :goodvibes:

Little FYI for those of you without sugar free candy experience... to much sugar free candy will give you the hershey squirts... My dad found this out the hard way. My diabetic husband left a small box of sugar free candy at my parents house. My dad decided to eat more than he should have and he was on the toilet a lot. My husband chuckles when we relive that story!

Might want inform potential consumers of the "side" effect!

:scared1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks for the e-mail blestmom - I think that's one to print at work:rolleyes1 :guilty:

I sent a pm to receive the file but I am not sure if it went a junk folder or not because I never received it. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!