Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

K&KsMom said:
just wanted to jump on the recipe list....anyone have a recipe for a holiday punch?

Once I went to a party with a delicious hot drink.....it turned out to be nothing more than Hawaiian Punch simmered on the stove!!!!!

K&KsMom said:
just wanted to jump on the recipe list....anyone have a recipe for a holiday punch?

Our favorite holiday punch recipe is to mix 1/2 gallon of Lime Sherbet (or any other flavor of sherbet) with 7-Up. Just put the frozen sherbet in a punch bowl, and pour the 7-Up over top of it. As the sherbet melts and mixes with the 7-up, it makes a refreshing, frothy punch. We start by adding a 2 liter bottle of 7-Up, then we add more 7-Up (pouring it over top of the still frozen sherbet) as needed. Yummy!

tinkerrn said:
I really like the peanut butter fudge recipe....sounds sooo easy.
Has anyone made this before? The recipe says reg. size peanut butter, the short or tall one? I am not sure what size they are talking about? Any ideas?
I just did it. I used the short one. It is still in the fridge hardening but what I licked out of the bowl was good
;)

As far as punch, this is my moms recipe, she likes it because it isnt too bad for you and it doesnt seem to stain the carpet during big holiday parties :flower:

Mix

1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 - 2 liter bottles of clear soda (usually diet squirt and diet sprite)

As the punch bowl gets low, add 1 can either concentrates and 1 bottle of either soda at a time to replentish. No reason to wait until it is all gone to make a whole batch, it always tastes fine!.

Karalea said:
Our family favorite is super easy:

Melt a bag of chocolate chips and a stick of butter in a large pan. Let cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in a bag of colored minature marshmallows -plain, white works too but not nearly as pretty in the end.

Form the mixture into 3 logs on waxed paper. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, coconut or powdered sugar. Roll up and put in the refrigerator until firm. These are really pretty when sliced.

These are extra yummy if you also stir in a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter into the chocolate mixture and top with chopped peanuts.
We used to make something like this...called it stained-glass window candy. Yummy.

Oh my!! Not the time to be reading this thread when I've just put myself on a diet to lose the few pounds I gained at WDW! LOL! Now I'm hungry!!

Thanks for the great ideas!! I love the idea of the Hershey kisses on top of pretzels. Going to try that one for gifts this year (and for eating) :)

Also, thought I'd add for future reference: you don't have to post in order to subscribe to a particular thread. Just click on Thread Tools at the top of the thread and then click on "Subscribe to Thread". ;)

G'ma started the tradition of punch for every holiday. This is how she taught us to make it.

Mix:
1pkg. black cherry kool-aid
1pkg. cherry kool-aid
2 cups of sugar
1 qt. of water
1 large can of pineapple juice
Pour into an empty ice cream bucket and freeze.

When ready to serve, tip out of the bucket into the punch bowl and pour 7-up over top. The 7-up will cause the "ice" to get slushy. It is very good but will stain.

I've also had the puppy chow mentioned earlier and we love it made with Crispix cereal instead of Chex. A friend made hers with Cheerios instead of Chex and peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. She called this "Kitten Chow".

Just in time for holiday cooking!

A note on the baking chocolate and Wilton melts. You can add flavoring to them. At Michaels they have flavors that you can add to the chocolates. If you pick any color besides chocolate, they will taste like white chocolate. But try a flavor- it makes a big difference. Also- Walmart has almond bark for $1.58 (up 8 cents from last year) for 1 pound in white and chocolate. You can add flavor to these as well.

Here are some of my favorites:

Coconut Macaroons-
1 lb coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix together, drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet
Bake 350 for 12 minutes
Yield: 4 dz small or 2 dz large

Toffee-
2 sticks butter
1 rounded cup sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoons hot water
package of chocolate chips
chopped nuts- put in 9x13 dish

Heat sugar in pan, add hot water and butter. Cook until it turns color of brown paper bag. Stirring constantly. Pour over nuts. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and spread over hot toffee. Top with more nuts, if desired. Break with knife when cooled. (Pieces will not be uniform in size)

Five-minute fudge:
1 2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine sugar, evaporated milk and butter in a pan. Bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Pour into a buttered 9x13 pan.
Yield: 10

Here is a hot holiday punch:
1 gallon cranberry juice
2 cups pineapple juice
2 oranges, sliced
6 cinnamon sticks
8 whole cloves

Combine everything in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Strain into a heatproof punch bowl.
Yield 16

ckoncurat said:
Almond toffe squares:
12 whole graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Assorted nuts and/or chocolate chips as desired

Preheat oven to 400
Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay out graham crackers on top
Stir together butter and brown sugar on the stovetop until boiling. Boil 1 minute.
Pour butter mixture over graham crackers. Put in the oven
Bake 3-6 minutes until bubbly.
Remove from oven. Cool slightly. Spinke on toppings as desired (I used crushed pecans, semi-sweet chocolate chips and heath brickle bits.
Cool completely. Breal each cracker into 4 sections.
Makes 48 squares.(rectangles)

This is horribly addictive. I made these saturday night to package for gifts and my family ate a whole pan already. Don't say I didn't warn you!

These sound mighty tasty. Have you ever made them and then frozen them for later? Do you think they can be frozen? Thanks!

I have a recipe similiar to staci..

1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 - 2 liter bottles of Vernors

For those who do not like Vernors, this is still very good....

This is a great thread and really helpful. I was thinking about making some of these recipes this weekend. Do you think most of these baked good will freeze ok? I am really interested in the cornflake holly leaves, puppy chow, and the fudge. What are your thoughts or experiences?

I make this every year and it is simple. I believe I got it out of the Family Fun magazine about 3yrs ago (the only thing I ever found useful from that magazine).

I don't know exact amounts because I guestimate on some - it doesn't have to be exact.

1 1/2 bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips (approximately 16oz.)
1 bag of cranraisins (about 3cups)
Pistascio hearts/kernels about 1 cup worth
1/2 bag of white chocolate chips (optional)

First toast the pistascio hearts on a baking sheet in oven until slightly brown and put aside. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave, when velvety, stir in the cranraisins and the pistascios until well coated. Spread into a thin layer on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and set aside. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave until velvety and take a spoon or spatula and drizzle over the spread for garnishment. Place in refrigerator to chill (or if you live in the north, set in garage) Once chilled, break into pieces and store in an air tight container.

Everyone I have ever given these to love it and it is simple to make!

What is Vernors? I have never heard of it. Does anyone have a recipe for a pizza dip?

Vernors is a very strong gingerale. My grandpa calls it "Michigan Swamp Water." He never acquired a taste for it. :teeth:

Vernors is a very, very strong ginger ale...maybe it is a regional thing?

Here you go...(this is really yummy)

8oz package of mozzarella shred cheese
8oz package of cheddar shred cheese
1/2 c diced green pepper
1/2 c diced onion
1/2 c diced black olives
1/2 c diced green olives
1/2 c fresh mushrooms
1 3oz package of pepperoni diced
2 c miracle whip

Mix everything together in a 9X13 pan and back for 30 min @ 350 degrees.

These are great! Thank you! :)

I have a couple!

This is very easy and one of my favorites.

Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cookies (tastes like Reese's)

1-Cup Peanut Butter
1-Cup Sugar
1-Egg

Mix together and form into balls. Use a fork dipped in sugar to flatten the cookies (criss-cross). Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, place a Hershey's Chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool totally before removing them from the cookie sheet, they are a bit fragile. There are very good!

I saw another great idea on TV last night. Make your favorite Sugar Cookies (or use the ready made). Cut into large stars and then cut a smaller star out of the middle. Crush 'Life Savers' (place in plastic bag and beat them ;) ). Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the stars on the cookie sheet and fill in the middle star with the crushed candy. You can do all one color or mix them. Bake cookies at 350 for about 8 minutes and let them cool completely before removing them from the parchment paper. They look like stained glass and are very cute!!

Just had this last night(and for breakfast this morning :earboy2: ) it is super yummy!

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1 (8oz) cream cheese
1/2 c real butter
1/4 t vanilla
3/4 c powdered sugar
2 T brown sugar
3/4 c mini choc chips
3/4 c finely chopped pecans

Mix first 6 ingredients and form ball. Roll in pecans. Chill--serve with chocolate graham crackers--the "stick" kind work good.

tinkerrn said:
I really like the peanut butter fudge recipe....sounds sooo easy.
Has anyone made this before? The recipe says reg. size peanut butter, the short or tall one? I am not sure what size they are talking about? Any ideas?
I use the short jar of peanut butter - you will be amazed at the taste of this fudge!!!! It tastes wonderful and it always hardens, is easy to cut.....it is truly the world's BEST PB fudge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!