Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

I love all these ideas and I can't wait to try them. I also thought of another idea that we made a few years ago.

Spread peanut butter in between two Ritz crackers, and then dipped them in melted chocolate almond bark. My sister loves those!

I think I am going to have to make an assortment of these ideas to give out to neighbors and co-workers.

dthogue said:
We mass produce these every year for teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and family. We use candy wafers (I like vanilla) from the candy section of the craft store. You can buy a bag for around $1.70. Much cheaper than Hershey Kisses and much easier than unwrapping all the candy. They also come in different colors.

Yummy treat and agreat gift.

Tammy

Tammy - what a great idea to use the candy wafers. The Hershey Hugs can get pretty expensive, and unwrapping them takes forever (and if I ask for help, my helpers eat about 1/2 of the Hugs). I will be using the candy wafers from now on. Thanks for this tip!

I've done the puppy chow many times over the past years. It is very yummy.

I'll have to try some of these other ideas.

What a great thread.

:wave2:

Shagley said:
Spread peanut butter in between two Ritz crackers, and then dipped them in melted chocolate almond bark. My sister loves those!

Another Ritz treat.....add peppermint oil to melted chocolate bark and dip the Ritz in the chocolate. They are similar to the girl scout thin mint cookies.......

I don't have a formal name for this....
ritz crackers
peanut butter
melted choc. bark
spread the peanut butter on cracker,make a sandwich out of it and dip it into the melted choc. let cool on wax paper.
these are so good ! :sunny: :sunny:

butterscotch haystacks
We make these at Easter and form them like bird's nests- and then put 3 little jellybeans in like they are eggs- very cute and yummy.
Great thread!

Great recipes ya'll. My DD did the haystacks for a class recipe booklet. She substituted choclate chips for the butterscotch chips. So fast and so good.

A really simple treat for peanut butter lovers.

1 pkg refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
1 bag miniature peanut butter cups
powdered sugar

Take enough dough to wrap around a peanut butter cup, make into a ball, and place on ungreased cookie pan, bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.

I have to add my favorites:

First line a microwaveable plate with wax paper and line with little pretzels or pretzel squares. Top with rolo candy cut in half (carmel UP). Microwave for 30-45 sec and press pecan half into soft chocolate to slightly flatten. WALA intanst Turtles.

Second, this one taste just like Twix
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
chocolate chips as desired

Preheat oven to- 400
Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay out crackers on top
Stir together butter and brown sugar on the stovetop until boiling. Boil 1 minute.
Pour butter mixture over graham crackers. Put in the oven
Bake 3-6 minutes until bubbly.
Remove from oven. Cool slightly. Spinke on semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Cool completely. Break each apart and store.

These are great. But can someone tell me what chocolate bark is? I ahve never heard of it. Also someone mentioned about going to the craft store and using the candy wafers instead of buying the kisses which is a great idea. Does the chocolate taste as good as hersheys?

World's Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge....(and tastes great too!)

1 regular size container white cake frosting
1 regular size jar of peanut butter

Spoon contents of each container into a microwave safe large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until the mixture can be thoroughly mixed (it takes 2 - 30 second increments in my microwave) After mixing completely pour into a Pam sprayed glass 9X9-inch pan. Will harden completely in the refrigerator.

This is VERY good, and I was skeptical.....

ckoncurat said:
Almond toffe squares:
12 whole graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Assorted nuts and/or chocolate chips as desired

you know when something starts out with 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar that its going to be GREAT! :cool1:

It's not cheap, but it's goood :) Well we all know the stand by of chocolate dipped strawberries...

But you can also take a syringe, and inject the strawberries with Grand Marnier or Brandy, whatever libation you prefer ;) (though I wouldn't suggest Kahlua, blech!). Then you dip them in the chocolate.

Chocolate dipped real orange wedges (not the gummy type, though I've seen that too) are out of this WORLD.

And I know you said less then 30 minutes, but this has to sit overnight and technically takes less then 30 minutes in effort:

Jar of maraschino cherries
Brandy
Chocolate Bark

Drain out the juice in the maraschino cherries (or just half, depending on your tolerance). Refill with Brandy. Let steep overnight in the refrigerator.

Remove cherries from jar, using only the ones that still have stems. Remove excess moisture from the outside of the cherry.

Melt chocolate, dip cherries one at a time. Put on wax paper to firm.

Perfect for the cold and flu season as one cherry will clear out your sinuses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter