Questions regarding resort luggage transfer and package drop off

ProudSoccerMom

Mouseketeer
Good morning! I have a few questions about our upcoming trip:

1. For the first time, we’re doing a split-stay, so I’m in uncharted territory here. We’re spending a few nights at the Beach Club and then are checking into POR for a week with my brother and his family. Will Disney transfer our luggage from the BC to POR on the morning of check out? If so, how do I arrange this? Our plan is to head directly to Epcot that morning and meet up with my brother’s family when they arrive. Which leads me to my next question...

2. My brother and his family are flying. We’re driving because we want to spend some time in Charleston, SC before and after WDW. We are bringing a box of supplies for them. Can we drop the box off at POR prior to their arrival at WDW? Or, should we have it transferred with our luggage (if this is possible) over to POR? We’re all checking into POR on the same day; however, they will check in later in the evening, after we spend the day at Epcot. Also, we’ve all completed our online check in.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice you can give.

Nina

We are also doing a split stay and after some research we know to do the following:
Call bell services the night before and book in a luggage transfer for 10:45 (or whenever you wish to checkout) the next morning.

Pack everything up ready that morning. They will turn up, take the luggage including any groceries, and give you a ticket. Tip them what you like (we think $1 per bag is appropriate, more if the items are cumbersome).

When you check into new resort at 4pm, contact bell services there and ask if luggage has arrived. Have it sent up to the room, provide ticket and tip again.

1. Yes, Disney will move your luggage. However, it may not arrive at POR until evening. If there is anything that you want during the day, keep it with you. We typically drop our bags to Bell Services at resort #1 on our way to the bus to go to the theme parks for the day and tell them which resort we are moving to. Then, at the end of the day we go to resort #2 and check in, call Bell services, and have the luggage delivered to our room. There is a second option, which is useful if you may want access to your stuff throughout the day or earlier than sometime during the evening. You take your bags with you and take an Uber or taxi to resort #2, check in and either bring bags to the room if the room is ready or leave with Bell services. This second option takes longer, but keeps your bags accessible to you throughout the day (you can always use your bag check to get at a bag from Bell services even if your room isn't ready).
WE have done both and find it easy either way.
2. I would keep your brother's stuff with you until you move to POR. Then just keep it with your luggage if sending it via Bell Services or bring it with you if you are doing the move yourself. Then, when you arrive at POR, tell Bell services what you are leaving for your brother (give name and reservation number) and what you are leaving for yourself.

It's actually very easy. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!