Questions on how to get discounted rooms?

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
I'm helping a friend get a better rate for their room at DW. They currently have booked CBR with a package, which I am assuming that means they are paying rack rate, right? They are going in October and from some research, it seems that they are paying about $149/nt.

I told them about the discount codes, etc. Also, my friend is a teacher and would be eligible for the teacher discount at the Swan/Dolphin. My question is how does she go about requesting a room at a mod. using the codes, specifically, what does she say? Also, to get the teacher rate at the S/D who does she call for that? Does anyone know what kind of a rate she could get at a mod. for October using the codes? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

It is on Mousesavers. It is ***. Your friend just has to call CRO and ask for a rate with that code. Now, as for the teachers discount, which is pretty good I guess, I think you can call the Swan or Dolphin directly to get that......but I'm not sure. Maybe you can call CRO for that as well.

I know that *** rate is going at $89 for the moderates for October.

Francine

Please remember that posting guidelines do not allow the posting of discount codes.

I truly doubt you will be able to use the teacher discount, or any other discount for that matter, unless you cancel the package and book each element separately. The only loss is that of convenience. Anything in the package can be bought ala carte, and you usually save money doing so. In the case of discounts on lodging, you save a bundle.

If the package cannot be cancelled, just accept it and think twice about getting a package next time.

I go almost every year (sometimes twice a year) and have never succeeded in getting a discount (other than the value season rack rate.) For example, I'm planning on going in February instead of taking my regular November trip this next time. Guess what? Our local newspaper, the Houston Chronicle, ran an ad offering the All Star Resorts for $59 per night anytime between now and the end of the year (except the holidays.) I always miss the GREAT deals. I'm **hoping** for an AP rate for February... but with my luck... Actually, I called CRO in June and asked for the rates for February and was told if I booked before Feb. 13th, I could get the value season rate of $80+. I called back in July and they had already gone up about $15 per night. After February 13, the rates are actually HIGHER than they have ever been - $125 per night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter