Questions from a new DL and DCA visitor

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
Do you recommend getting a paper ticket to use even if you have MaxPass? Then you can keep your phone turned off and quickly scan the paper ticket from a lanyard?

We have park hoppers — where is a good locker location to store sunscreen, jackets, etc.?

We are going at the end of June — will we need jackets in the evening?

Any recommendations for a bag to carry phone and personal items in the park?

Thank you!

Do you recommend getting a paper ticket to use even if you have MaxPass? Then you can keep your phone turned off and quickly scan the paper ticket from a lanyard?

We have park hoppers — where is a good locker location to store sunscreen, jackets, etc.?

We are going at the end of June — will we need jackets in the evening?

Any recommendations for a bag to carry phone and personal items in the park?

Thank you!

Personally, I like having a paper ticket on my in my lanyard. It's just easier for me to pull out and scan for FP, etc. Shove it back in my lanyard and it's good go to. I've never really used the ticket on my phone, but it's up to you and what you think would be better for your particular likes.

End of June weather, you may need a light jacket, but I doubt you'd need anything more than that or a hoodie.

I like the little backpack I got at DL, but since it's your first time you might want to check out Baggallini. They have a lot of really neat bags that range in all sizes. Or, you can just get a little backpack or a sling, something that won't restrict your arm movements (by having to constantly readjust purse straps) but also is easy to move in front of you or take off when you load onto a ride or need to pay to buy food, etc.

Last edited:
for a bag, I bought something called a yoga bag which is a crossbody thin backpack. I can wear it on rides and do not even feel it.

For lockers, there are some by the rest rooms & guest services just to the left of the DCA gates, in the plaza. Convenient stop for both lockers and bathrooms when park hopping.

Do you mean ticket or paper FP? You should definitely get a ticket, I think they always trade a printed online purchase into an actual ticket. There are no more paper FP tickets, they are just a reminder now. You need to scan your ticket (or the app) at the return time.

If your phone was lost or stolen, battery died, had no signal, app went down, etc, you’ll need that entry ticket to use your FP’s!

There are lockers inside both parks near the entrances and in the Esplande. Personally, I would get a locker in whichever park you think you're going to spend most of that day in. The lockers in the Esplande means you have exit the park and then go back through the ticket gates, which can be time consuming. I did that a few times, but mostly now stick to one of the locker banks inside the parks. Most of the time, I get a locker in DL because that's where we spend most of the time and we typically end the day in DL. Lockers are a flat rate per day and you can open/close them as many times as you want/need. DL has two sizes (regular ($7) and large ($10)).

As others have said, I would get paper tickets if you can. I think it's a good idea to have a back-up just in case something goes amiss with your phone.

In terms of bags, I would also get something lightweight (I'm always surprised at how heavy some bags can be when they're empty). I also like bags with multiple pockets so I can kind of keep things organized (e.g., frequently needed, sometimes needed, rarely needed).

Are you from a cooler or warmer location? It can be pretty warm in June, though not guaranteed. My mom lives in WA and it is cooler there so she thinks it's warm/hot in June at Disneyland. We live in CA and find it is sometimes chilly in the morning or at night. The morning chill doesn't bother us because we know that it will warm up, but in the evening it just gets cooler and sometimes it is windy. Plus being in the sun all day makes it feel cooler at night when the sun has disappeared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter