Questions for people who visited TDR who are not from Japan.

does anyone have any recommendations with only one day at each?

Check out the touring plans at:

https://tdrexplorer.com/ultimate-hong-kong-disneyland-trip-planning-guide/

https://tdrexplorer.com/shanghai-disneyland-planning-guide/

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/1-day-hong-kong-disneyland-itinerary/

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/shanghai-disneyland-trip-planning-guide/

You may want to consider paying extra for the Fast Pass package at Shanghai, depending upon when you're going and the expected crowd levels and how much you want to see and do.

sorry, I'm late to this. I recommend 2-3 days for TDR and definitely spend a few days in Tokyo proper. I feel bad for people who fly to Tokyo, just do Disney, and miss most of the city.

Places like Odaiba have a LOT of really cool activities, a nice monorail with scenic views, good shopping, lots of food choices, etc.

There's also Tokyo Tower and Skytree (I prefer Tokyo Tower though), the various temples, arcades, akihabara with lots of technology on display and for sale, and anime/manga, the imperial palace grounds (If I lived in Tokyo, I'd probably walk around there every day, it's so beautiful and quiet)

First trip spent 2 day at the parks, 2 days visiting Tokyo, and 3 nights in Yokohama before going to China. We really enjoyed Sea Paradise, CosmoWorld, and TaYa Cave in Yokohama, better than spending extra time at TDR.

Second trip pretty much the same except we went on to Korea.

How many days did you do the Disney parks, and how many did you spend exploring Tokyo? Did you stay in a Disney hotel for part of your trip? Would it be a bad idea to stay in a Disney hotel for an entire trip to Tokyo, and spend some days in the parks and some days seeing the city? Thanks.
We always spend at least 10 days in Japan , half of which are usually spent in Tokyo. I’d recommend you spend at least 3 days at Tokyo Disney . One for each park, and the third one to go back to whichever park you like best to see the things , and ride the attractions you didnt get to experience before

We have our trip planned for a week in June:
- 4 nights in Miracosta
- 3 nights in Tokyo (booked at the Hotel Gracery aka Godzilla hotel)

From all of the Vlogs I've seen that had foreigners stay in Disney and visit Tokyo or vice versa have said that it is a pain to make the travel every day. I'm only going to be in Tokyo for 3 days, so I want to spend as much time in the city as possible. We plan to stay out late in the city, so I guess it depends what you're expecting to do.
Not sure if you have posted your thoughts but can I ask about Hotel Gracery? It’s a hotel DH and I are considering and I’m curious about your thoughts on the hotel itself as well as the area.

Go and are doing 5 days in Tokyo and 3 days in TDR.

Thanks

Not sure if you have posted your thoughts but can I ask about Hotel Gracery? It’s a hotel DH and I are considering and I’m curious about your thoughts on the hotel itself as well as the area.

Go and are doing 5 days in Tokyo and 3 days in TDR.

Thanks

Hotel Gracery was a great hotel, although they had very small rooms. We ended up buying A LOT of merch at TDR and had 4 suitcases with us so it was kind of hard managing our clothes with everything spread out everywhere. The location wasn't bad for us, but after walking around all day it was a bit tiring for us to walk the extra half mile to the hotel out of Shinjuku Station (which is absolutely massive in itself). Kabukicho is known for being a bit sketchy, but is nothing like what "sketchy" is like here in the states. We live here in Las Vegas, so we were used to people trying to solicit out on the street with flyers etc.

The public transit in Tokyo is SO efficient, next time (me and SO are already planning a trip back lol) we are looking to probably stay off the beaten path next to a small train station. Staying in Shinjuku was great and central, but we weren't really there to party and drink which is all that is mostly there. Shibuya was also one of our choices when we went in June, but I'm glad we didn't since the station was and probably is undergoing a massive renovation which was really confusing to get around.

How many days did you do the Disney parks, and how many did you spend exploring Tokyo? Did you stay in a Disney hotel for part of your trip? Would it be a bad idea to stay in a Disney hotel for an entire trip to Tokyo, and spend some days in the parks and some days seeing the city? Thanks.

Been to Japan twice

1st trip - 2 full days Disney + 4 full days Tokyo
2nd trip - 3 full days Disney + 5 full days Tokyo

Hi,

My mother and I spent 10 days in Tokyo in April we did
5 days New Otani
5 days at Hilton Tokyo bay ( my brother now in australia joined us)

I am coming back to Tokyo in a fortnight and doing 5 nights at the hilton shinjuku and 2 nights at Tokyo Bay hilton.

Whilst commuting into tokyo is possible, it is time consuming ( you also want to avoid rush hours ) and it is nice to have a local hotel to pop back to during the day if needed

We were in Japan 11 days. Four of the days were at the park, 2 in dl and 2 in Disney Sea. We stayed at the Sheraton by the park the 7 days of the trip (got to use our points and only place at that time where we can get four in a room dd,ds and dw) as well as a few days at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel and the one by Disney Sea Mira Costa.

The Sheraton was close to the monorail, only a few minutes walk from the hotel lobby to the station, then another 5-7 minute ride to park.

The others obviously were more convenient to get to the park, early access and so on.. similar to California DL magic hour (different amount of time of course)... PP, DH, GCH

I'll admit the DL hotels were amazing, but Sheraton wasn't too shabby either and would've gladly pay to stay there. It's just a different vibe in each hotel, all of them spotless and you'll find Japan to be a pretty clean city overall.

To get to Japan, add about thirty minutes from the hotel to a Tokyo station, depending on how bad the train is delayed could be a few more minutes. It's doable, to stay by the park.. but we didn't do the nightlife of Tokyo, Japan as much as family got tired being out all day. So depending on what you want out of your trip, you can be very well insulated of Disney in Japan staying close to the parks.

Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!