Questions - California Vacation

luvdizney

Earning My Ears
Good Morning,

I'm hoping that all of you California experts can give me some advice regarding transportation, etc., while vacationing in Southern California. My husband and I plan to fly into LA, travel to Dana Point (Blue Lantern Inn), then to Disneyland (Grand Californian), possible sightseeing in the Anaheim area - Crystal Cathedral, then back to LA to fly home. I prefer not to rent a car and would welcome any suggestions regarding reliable (and reasonable) transportation alternatives.

Thank you for your help.

Dolores Mabb
Upstate New York

Buses in LA??? HAHAHHAAAA You must be speaking of some other foriegn country..

You will have to rent a car to get around.

JJ
I Believe!!!

Hi Dolores, and welcome!

Unfortunately there are no inexpensive alternatives to renting a car for getting around, especially with the distances you are traveling. LAX to Dana Point alone is probably 50 miles or so in distance. A cab would be very expensive, although you may find an airport shuttle that will go that far. That still leaves you with the issue of getting from Dana Point to Anaheim, and you could do a cab...again pretty expensive.

I wish I had a better alternative for you, but with your itinerary I do think a rental car is your best bet, unless you don't mind paying out some major dollars for cab fare.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your trip! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter