Questions about proposal!

DisneyProposalQ

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I am asking my long time girlfriend to be mine forever in our upcoming trip but I want to make sure everything goes perfectly.

We both like things pretty simple, not over the top, and love Disney so I've come up with the following plan that I would love some expert advice/opinions on.

I secretly booked a breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest for 8:25 AM. My plan is to get into the park *somewhat* earlier than everyone else, stroll to the end of mainstreet, take some pictures in front of the castle and then ask there (without too many people around). Here's the sort of experience I am looking for: http://apis.xogrp.com/media-api/images/8aa6eb16-70ab-4779-b8c4-592562d26f6d

My questions/concerns:
  1. Will I actually be able to get in early with the time of my reservation?
  2. Will photopass people be available then?
  3. Is there anyone with Disney I should contact to let them know/help me out? I tried calling fairytale engagements but they didn't seem to be the right line...
Any other tips or advice would be great. Thanks!

Congratulations! This sounds like a good plan to me. Unfortunately, there really isn't an engagements department at Disney or anyone whose job it is to help out with engagements (and it ticks me off that Disney's website makes it seem like there is!)

I Googled around, and it looks like they let you into the park 1 hour and 15 minutes before opening if you have a pre-opening reservation. They also do have PhotoPass photographers around at that time, but they usually arrive closer to park opening.

If you want to get a photographer in on the secret in advance, you might consider booking a Mini Magic Kingdom Portrait Session through Disney Fine Art Photography. That way you'd have an assigned photographer to whom you could communicate your plans. However, they only seem to offer them on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and it doesn't say how early in the day you can schedule the session—best to call and find out!

Alternatively, a local wedding photographer may be able to shoot the engagement for you.

Congratulations! This sounds like a good plan to me. Unfortunately, there really isn't an engagements department at Disney or anyone whose job it is to help out with engagements (and it ticks me off that Disney's website makes it seem like there is!)

I Googled around, and it looks like they let you into the park 1 hour and 15 minutes before opening if you have a pre-opening reservation. They also do have PhotoPass photographers around at that time, but they usually arrive closer to park opening.

If you want to get a photographer in on the secret in advance, you might consider booking a Mini Magic Kingdom Portrait Session through Disney Fine Art Photography. That way you'd have an assigned photographer to whom you could communicate your plans. However, they only seem to offer them on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and it doesn't say how early in the day you can schedule the session—best to call and find out!

Alternatively, a local wedding photographer may be able to shoot the engagement for you.

You are absolutely correct about Disney Fine Art photography. I’ve already called ahead and they are booked solid. They do have the mini sessions but I’m planning on a Sunday so that wouldn’t work (and the breakfast reservation would be hard to change).

As for a local photographer, I’d imagine they wouldn’t be able to get into the park early though, right?

They could if they were a guest on your reservation, or if they had their own reservation. They could just arrive before or after you and give the reservation number (if you even have to do that to get into the park early. That might be another thing to Google!).

The photo you linked looks really, really old. You definitely won't get a photo like that now because everyone is allowed into the front of the park (i.e. right up by the castle) to wait for the opening show - not just those with early reservations. Park opening procedures have changed a lot over the past few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts