Questions about planning..

Cadi40

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I’m new here, however I’ve been visiting Disney World all my life! I’m planning a trip for myself and 2 of my friends around 1/25-2/1, this will be my first no parents trip and I must say I am quite excited. I just have a few questions...
- Is it possible to put a reservation underneath my name and use my friends debit card to book the trip?
- What do I have to present at check in? I plan to get the trip payed off online before we check in, but can I present a debit card a check in for fees if there are any?
- Is the park hopper worth it? When I went with my family we never really used it as I was younger and went to bed earlier, now I’m unpredictable and I would love the option to spend the morning in one park and the evening at another.
- The trip looks to be about $800 a person right now, how much money do we need to have on a debit card to present at check in? It’s my first time checking into a hotel and I don’t even know if you can use debit, can you?

Thank you in advanced for the help, have a magical day!!!

In order to check In a Disney hotel, the reservation must be made by someone 18 years of age or older. The person making the reservation must have a credit card in their name.

In order to check In a Disney hotel, the reservation must be made by someone 18 years of age or older. The person making the reservation must have a credit card in their name.
So there’s no way to use a debit card instead of a credit card?

You can use a debit card, that's no problem. If you have a credit card, or if your parents are willing to let you use theirs, you might consider doing that and paying it off as soon as you get home. Most credit cards offer some buyer protection that debit cards don't.

For my family, the park hopper is worth it. We like to bounce around. If it doesn't fit comfortably into your budget, or if you think you'd rather spend the money on a different experience, just hold off. You can always add it once you get there

Yes, as long as the debit card has some sort of cc logo on it. If you can run the card as credit at a store, then you can use it on MDE. The card on file on the MDE account will be the one used to pay off any balance at check in.

As far as hopping goes, it's never been my style, but if you think you and your friends want to, and you guys can afford it, then try it. It will help if you plan out your days in advance, then you can decide if you would want to hop.

Does your debit card have a Visa or MasterCard logo? If yes, I believe so. Just know that if you plan on using it for "charging" purposes, they put a $100 incidental hold on the card, and even though charge will go through. Your bank can keep that hold on for days (some say 3 to 10 days). Some banks till next statement.

As far as,a park hopper, we like to start at one park and go to Epcot to eat dinner. A hopper is necessary to do that. Please also know if you are interested in any "adult" beverages you need proper ID for each person. They Will and do ID everyone. No ID, you won't be served.

You can use a debit card, that's no problem. If you have a credit card, or if your parents are willing to let you use theirs, you might consider doing that and paying it off as soon as you get home. Most credit cards offer some buyer protection that debit cards don't.

For my family, the park hopper is worth it. We like to bounce around. If it doesn't fit comfortably into your budget, or if you think you'd rather spend the money on a different experience, just hold off. You can always add it once you get there
So it’s allowed to present a card at check in the doesn’t match the ID of the reservation? I plan to pay off the trip before we arrive, but I guess you can provide a credit or debit card for charging purposes on the magic hand?? I’m very confused but thank you for your help!

Does your debit card have a Visa or MasterCard logo? If yes, I believe so. Just know that if you plan on using it for "charging" purposes, they put a $100 incidental hold on the card, and even though charge will go through. Your bank can keep that hold on for days (some say 3 to 10 days). Some banks till next statement.

As far as,a park hopper, we like to start at one park and go to Epcot to eat dinner. A hopper is necessary to do that. Please also know if you are interested in any "adult" beverages you need proper ID for each person. They Will and do ID everyone. No ID, you won't be served.
Yes, my debit card is a Visa Wells Fargo issued one. However, would it be easier just to present my dads credit card at check in? I might just call Disney as they probably know more than I do.

If you want each person’s magic band to charge to their own card, that can be set up at check in. Each person presents their own card and sets up their own pin. Otherwise, the default is for everyone’s magic band to charge to the card on file. Calling Disney would be a good idea so you can get a clear picture of exactly what you need to do.

If you want each person’s magic band to charge to their own card, that can be set up at check in. Each person presents their own card and sets up their own pin. Otherwise, the default is for everyone’s magic band to charge to the card on file. Calling Disney would be a good idea so you can get a clear picture of exactly what you need to do.
And a debit card can be used for charging on a magic band? It’s not mandatory to provide one for charging on a magic band correct?

And a debit card can be used for charging on a magic band? It’s not mandatory to provide one for charging on a magic band correct?
I believe you can use a debit card to charge on a magic band, and it is not mandatory.

It’s not mandatory to place one on your room account for the purpose of making charges in the park. You can just use the debit card, gift cards, or old-fashion cash at the point of sale for all of your purchases.

It’s important to familiarize yourself with Disney’s new policy regarding credit holds that they place on room charging. They will immediately place a $100 hold on the debit card at the time of check in. This may or may not be something your friend is willing to do.

Hi all! I’m new here, however I’ve been visiting Disney World all my life! I’m planning a trip for myself and 2 of my friends around 1/25-2/1, this will be my first no parents trip and I must say I am quite excited. I just have a few questions...
- Is it possible to put a reservation underneath my name and use my friends debit card to book the trip?
- What do I have to present at check in? I plan to get the trip payed off online before we check in, but can I present a debit card a check in for fees if there are any?
- Is the park hopper worth it? When I went with my family we never really used it as I was younger and went to bed earlier, now I’m unpredictable and I would love the option to spend the morning in one park and the evening at another.
- The trip looks to be about $800 a person right now, how much money do we need to have on a debit card to present at check in? It’s my first time checking into a hotel and I don’t even know if you can use debit, can you?

Thank you in advanced for the help, have a magical day!!!
You are going to have a great time! Have you traveled with your friends before? If not, might be a good idea to chat about a few things before you leave - “Sleeping in” “breaking off from the group” “meeting up at certain times” “Bathroom Schedule” “pool time” “Me personally, I get hangry, everyone knows it - sooo we make sure I eat.
Question #1, yes
Question #2, you will check-in on-line so no, your debit card will work fine for purchases and payments in the park. Can I suggest Disney Gift Cards as an alternative? - There are a few ways to purchase them at a small discount. A little here - A little there is adds up.
Question #3, I don’t recommend the park hopper when I go with friends now- Changing parks takes too much time - I’ve found that we arrive early and stay at one park all day and the hopper was usually wasted.
Question #4, I’m guessing All Star? The daily expense number you’ll truly have to figure out for yourselves. It’s expensive to eat inside the park but there are ways to save -you can prepay your food expense by adding the dinning plan but you all three must agree to do that. $100 a day conservatively that’s no character meals and no expensive Table Service restaurants. That would cover a light breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack or two. Bring a water bottle and get complimentary Ice Water from the carts.
My advise for a girl’s trip at your age I would lean toward the middle Meal Plan. You know how much fun the Character Meals are and the pictures are so cute. It would be nice for the three of you to enjoy at least one Signature Restaurant and not fall off your chairs when the bill arrives.
Finally, you’re going to get the Memory Maker, right?

So it’s allowed to present a card at check in the doesn’t match the ID of the reservation? I plan to pay off the trip before we arrive, but I guess you can provide a credit or debit card for charging purposes on the magic hand?? I’m very confused but thank you for your help!
When you say that the debit card will not match the name on the reservation, do you mean that it matches none of the names on the reservation? If so, that would be a giant red flag to anyone working the reception desk.

No, it would be under my friends name bu
When you say that the debit card will not match the name on the reservation, do you mean that it matches none of the names on the reservation? If so, that would be a giant red flag to anyone working the reception desk.
t she’s 17, I’m the 18 year old so the trip will be under my name. Can that work? I will call Disney to make sure.

You need a card in "lead" guest. My travel party, 1 adult, one "Disney" adult and myself. I am "lead" guest and card associated with reservation is mine. You cannot use at anyone a card not in your name. That is a red flag!!! ID and card MUST match.

Even though your reservation is going to be paid in full and you plan on doing online check in (in order to do online check in, you MUST supply a credit\debit card on file). That card "on file" will have $100 incidental hold on it. You don't have to charge to your magic bands. I personally do not recommend it. (Very easy to just say "charge" and then be surprised by how much spent). However that $100 hold can stay on your card for quite a few days. Disney can release the hold, but it takes your bank days to remove it.

You need a card in "lead" guest. My travel party, 1 adult, one "Disney" adult and myself. I am "lead" guest and card associated with reservation is mine. You cannot use at anyone a card not in your name. That is a red flag!!! ID and card MUST match.

Even though your reservation is going to be paid in full and you plan on doing online check in (in order to do online check in, you MUST supply a credit\debit card on file). That card "on file" will have $100 incidental hold on it. You don't have to charge to your magic bands. I personally do not recommend it. (Very easy to just say "charge" and then be surprised by how much spent). However that $100 hold can stay on your card for quite a few days. Disney can release the hold, but it takes your bank days to remove it.
I apologize as I am confused. Let me try to clarify, The reservation will be under my name, however the card paying for the trip will be my other guest, who is not 18. You think if I were to call Disney they would understand, I am sure there’s a way to work around this dilemma. Sorry for the confusion!

Just read your comment that a 17 year old has card, but you 18 have reservation. You need a card in your name. All reservations must be made by an 18 year old or more. A17 year old is considered a minor and cannot legally enter into any kind of "contract"or payment agreement.

I apologize as I am confused. Let me try to clarify, The reservation will be under my name, however the card paying for the trip will be my other guest, who is not 18. You think if I were to call Disney they would understand, I am sure there’s a way to work around this dilemma. Sorry for the confusion!
I think that you’re making this more complicated than it needs to be. Just buy Disney gift cards and use them to pay for the room that you book n your name. Then don’t do any charging with your magic bands. Your friend can use her debit card at the point of purchase pretty much everywhere in the parks. And you can carry cash or gift cards to pay for your purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter