Questions about Hungry Bear Fantasmic package

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
It looks like you can substitute food from the set Fantasmic menu with the regular menu. Is that something that we just ask about at time of pick up? Is there a separate line for the reserved pick up? Is the dessert a separate add on? That blueberry pie looks like something the kids would love, is it any good? Has the menu changed at all? I saw the one listed on Disneyland Daily but that was from August of 2017.

Does the reserved area open only an hour early? So 8 for 9 show? Do people line up ahead of the opening time? I want to do my best to get the kids a good unobstructed view. Has anyone been told to stand for the show in the Hungry Bear section? Is it best to go to the right closest to the BB section?

I can't answer all your questions, but we've done the other dining packages a couple times and found that people line up early. If a certain spot by the rail is important to you - line up early. I don't like the rail but my son does. He says he still has trouble seeing over the bodies in front him if we are further back.

We did the Hungry Bear in June. All 4 kids ordered off the regular menu when we arrived at our reservation time. We didn't order dessert as it was not included. There was a separate line on the far left for dining packages.

We arrived around 7:45 for the 9 o'clock show. At least 20 people in front of us. We wanted to be right up at the railing so when they let us in just after 8 we grabbed the last spot up front on the far left. Lots of space behind us - it never filled up.

We did it recently and I would advise showing up at least a half hour before your info card shows. When we arrived at the earliest they suggested, there were alot of people ahead of us.
My granddaughter did order off the regular menu.
I thought the viewing area was good, but if we had not brought something to sit on, our "seats" would have been numb by the end of the show!!! :crazy2:

Are you able to leave the seating area and return again later? I'm just wondering if we can have one adult save a spot for our group while the rest continue to go on rides, etc. We've got 4 kiddos that might not do well at sitting and waiting for an hour.

It looks like you can substitute food from the set Fantasmic menu with the regular menu. Is that something that we just ask about at time of pick up? Is there a separate line for the reserved pick up? Is the dessert a separate add on? That blueberry pie looks like something the kids would love, is it any good? Has the menu changed at all? I saw the one listed on Disneyland Daily but that was from August of 2017.

Does the reserved area open only an hour early? So 8 for 9 show? Do people line up ahead of the opening time? I want to do my best to get the kids a good unobstructed view. Has anyone been told to stand for the show in the Hungry Bear section? Is it best to go to the right closest to the BB section?
We did the Hungry Bear in June. All 4 kids ordered off the regular menu when we arrived at our reservation time. We didn't order dessert as it was not included. There was a separate line on the far left for dining packages.

We arrived around 7:45 for the 9 o'clock show. At least 20 people in front of us. We wanted to be right up at the railing so when they let us in just after 8 we grabbed the last spot up front on the far left. Lots of space behind us - it never filled up.
We did HB for F! in June also. Four adults in our group that night. Adding to @*RJ* , yes you can substitute. We all did substituted. You just ask at time of pickup. As PP said, yes the line is to the far left. Do not know about dessert either as it was not included. But you can add things to your order if you pay extra for those. Check the DLR website for the menu but, since you can sub, I would not worry about it.

I think the seating area does open an hour before. We showed up after most folks were seated. Like at 8:20. No problem. Plenty of space. All seats are good except those right behind a post. No one can stand in the viewing area except for small children who are not taller than a sitting adult. We usually stand up before the show to stretch our legs and sit down at the last minute. I think the area on the right side of HB may be slightly better but truly everywhere is fine unless you are right behind a post. I personally like to sit towards the back which is maybe 25 ft from the water. I have sat nearer the water and the railing is a partial view obstruction.

:wizard:

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-21_10-3-34.png
    upload_2018-7-21_10-3-34.png
    816 bytes · Views: 9

I'm just wondering if we can have one adult save a spot for our group while the rest continue to go on rides, etc. We've got 4 kiddos that might not do well at sitting and waiting for an hour.
How many spaces are you planning to save? It will depend on how busy it is that evening and if you are trying to save prime spots (e.g. at the railing or near the front). If it is just a couple that wouldn't be too hard, but if one person is trying to save 4 or more spots it might be tough.

How many spaces are you planning to save? It will depend on how busy it is that evening and if you are trying to save prime spots (e.g. at the railing or near the front). If it is just a couple that wouldn't be too hard, but if one person is trying to save 4 or more spots it might be tough.

We have a group of 8 including a toddler and 3 others under 10. Maybe I can have a few adults save our spots. I'm not picky except I want kids to be able to see. None of us have ever seen it before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter