• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions about cruising from Galveston

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
first time cruising out of there.
I would like advice on which airport to fly into.
And how to get from there to the port.

So far I have read Houston...........for me the northern airport is less expensive.
And then taking the cruise transfer from the airport or going with something like Super Shuttle.

Spend the night before by the airport? Or go to Galveston and spend the night there?

We did a 2015 cruise out of there and will again in 2017. My research pretty much said that there was several choices - none of them a ringer!

In the end - we flew in 3 days early to Houston (IAH - not Hobby), rented a car, stayed in galveston and paid for parking during our cruise and drove back to Houston after. The cost of the car and parking were nearly the same as the shuttles and we had the access to the car for the days before.

I'm not sure what we will do in 2017 - but if you want to drive/park there are plenty of places to park and discounts available For them too!

Thank you.....will look into that.

Quick look has a car from the day before until the cruise comes back at around $230.
That is more than the transfers.
So I will keep looking for options.
There are just 2 of us

Last edited:
Thank you.....will look into that.

Quick look has a car from the day before until the cruise comes back at around $230.
That is more than the transfers.
So I will keep looking for options.
There are just 2 of us

We are a family of 4 so that changed the numbers some..and traveling in February we couldn't wait until departure day to arrive there so our conditions were definitely different!

Yep
I found a place called Galveston Express that is less than Super Shuttle. I need to call the cruise line and get their rate.
Thanks for you help

We had booked through Galveston express. They were easy to book, and the rides were smooth. My only complaint with them, was my fault. I'd booked a shuttle time based on how long I thought it'd take us to get our bags and get to the bus. The time I picked was when it picked up at IAH, and we flew into Houston Hobby...so we had an hour to wait/eat.

Booked the cruise, got the air into IAH
Looking at hotels in the port area now...............any suggestions?

I think we will go with Galveston Express to get from the airport to the hotel.

Hobby is closer to Galveston, it's basically between Galveston and Houston, so if you have the ability to fly in there it might be faster. There are lots of hotels in the area, though the one we stayed at (for a non-cruise trip) wasn't particularly close to the port, so I can't help there unfortunately!

I don't need faster. Cost $100 more each to fly into HOU for us, so went with IAH

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter