Questions about camera bag (DSLR) on the rides.

bossyman15

Earning My Ears
I know people have said you could bring camera bags on the rides but I have searched all over the internet and couldn't find the pictures of the bag holder on the rides. Does anyone have the pictures?

Also, I was thinking about also bringing my camcorder with me but I'm not sure if that's too much? I will not have someone else to hold my bags for me.

A DSLR case won't fit in any of the provided "bag holders" on the attractions.
You'll have to put it at your feet on most attractions.

On Soarin' you'd put it down on the floor in front of your seat, and a CM will come by and place it in the aisle between you and the exit. You'd pick it up as you exit.
(The Soarin' area is completely locked off to guests who are not riding your flight, so nobody can come in and steal anything while you are riding.)

If you want to bring a second camera (video or otherwise) I'd use a camera bag (backpack?) that can accommodate both of your cameras and gear together.

About the only more problematic rides for bags are Space Mtn. and Kali River Rapids.
(The latter provides lockers for storage during guests' rides.)

:welcome: to the DISboards, bossyman15!

Last edited:

People bring their belongings on all of the rides.
It may or may not fit in a "holder" so you just hold it or put it at your feet.
If you're concerned something is going to happen to it then I wouldn't bother bringing.
Personally I don't like to weigh myself down so I don't bring too much but if you want to bring your video camera then bring it as long as you can manage everything you're bringing yourself.

People bring their belongings on all of the rides.
It may or may not fit in a "holder" so you just hold it or put it at your feet.
If you're concerned something is going to happen to it then I wouldn't bother bringing.
Personally I don't like to weigh myself down so I don't bring too much but if you want to bring your video camera then bring it as long as you can manage everything you're bringing yourself.
OP asked for pics of the bag holders on the rides, before Robo pointed out they really aren’t bag-sized.

@bossyman15 my DSLR bag will fit the Soarin under-seat basket, so I’d at least try it. Like Robo said, I consolidate all my gear into one bag. You can also rent a locker if you want certain equipment just for, say, a parade or fireworks but not all day; have done that before.

My biggest tip is to bring gallon Ziploc bags to hold your camera(s) on rides that involve water—even those on which you don’t expect to get wet....—andcto refresh yourself ahead of time on how to turn off your flash and maybe even your display.

Have fun and hope you get some great shots :)

By the way, this is why I don't mind bringing in a backpack to Disney parks. Now if I'm going to US/IOA, I try not to bring anything. They are so strict about emptying pockets and using lockers, which are a PITE (pain in the ears) for us Mickey fans.

I cannot speak for that particular bag.

I have this one and it's been good to me:

Lowepro Fastpack 250 DSLR Camera Backpack

It was large enough for my D700, 80-200mm f2.8, 24-10 f2.8 and a 50mm f1.8 lens. I took that DSLR one time. Too much for me to lug around vs how much I used it. Never had an issue taking it on rides, just put my foot through one of the straps so It wouldn't go anywhere.

Does your DSLR do video as well? If so, maybe it would be a lot less hassle to use it for both.

my legs are my bag holder. between my feet with pressure and strap wrapped around my legs. my bad is a cross body like indy jones style. holds my DSLR and flash.

Mine goes on the floor of the ride vehicle with my foot through the strap.

Same here - At my feet on space mountain, by my side on Small World. The only rides the camera bag DIDN'T go with me was Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I took my Canon 6D DSLR on every ride with me unless my hubby sat the ride out. I either had it out and ready for taking shots, with the bag at my feet or had the camera in the bag and kept it at my feet. It was a non-issue!

I know people have said you could bring camera bags on the rides but I have searched all over the internet and couldn't find the pictures of the bag holder on the rides. Does anyone have the pictures?

Also, I was thinking about also bringing my camcorder with me but I'm not sure if that's too much? I will not have someone else to hold my bags for me.

Are you bringing a tripod to catch the fireworks? It's a lot to carry around but SO WORTH IT for the shots you get!

DH brings his DSLR (Canon 7D) in a camera bag that's just about big enough for the camera. If the bag doesn't fit into the holders, he just puts it on the floor of the ride with his foot/leg through the strap. Never had an issue yet.

Are there any rides where bags are not allowed? Can't think of any but want to be prepared.

This is the one that I took this past August. https://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-D...8-3&keywords=Case+Logic+DSLR+Camera+Bag+Black

It fit under the seat on Soarin. I put the seat belt through the strap on TOT. I put my foot through the strap and held it with one hand on RnRC, SM, BTR and Everest.

I did put the camera in a ziplock in case of rain. The bag also had enough room in the side pockets for my iphone 8, money, extra sd card, etc.

There is no ride in Disney that I can think of that doesn't let you carry on a bag and I went on all of the biggest rides. Universal is another story though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter