questions about aps

the who #3

DIS Veteran
i am sorry if this subject is discussed somewhere else, but i could not find it.

our (2 adults, 1 jr. and 1 child) aps are due to expire the last week in october 2007 and i don't know if i should renew those at that time or if it would be as good to wait until we are in the park again.

we are there at least 2 times a year. is there really a reasonable discount if you renew rather than wait??:confused3

we are dvc members:goodvibes

For the adult AP, you save $32 by renewing rather than purchasing a new AP. The renewed AP picks up where the old one left off, so you keep the same expiration day. A new AP will expire one year from the date you purchase it or convert the voucher into an AP.

I don't know what the savings is on a child's AP, but here is a link to a chart of the AP prices. The prices include the 6.5% sales tax: http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

It all depends on how soon you'd need the new AP. If it's during the same trip (say it expires while you're still there), then renew and continue using your AP.

But if you're not there, and it expires, and you won't be going for several months again, then wait and buy new. It's a lot cheaper that way.

Say your AP expires in October, but you're not going back again until the following May 2008. If you renew your October AP, it's good through October 2008. But if you don't renew, it'll cost you a few dollars more, but the new one would be good to May 2009.

So it all depends on when you'll be at WDW as to what's best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter