• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about annual passes

KidLibNY

Earning My Ears
When do annual passes go into effect?
The day you buy them or the day you first use the pass?

I want to buy a pass for a sept/oct trip in 2002. I want to have the pass early enough to make use of the discount on room rates but I don't want to run out of time if I plan to go back in 2003.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michelle

In 2000, Walt Disney World changed the Annual Passholder renewal policy. The new policy states that your renewal Annual Passport becomes effective the day after your current Annual Passport Expires. Previously, if you renewed by mail, you received a voucher which was not activated until you were at the theme park and traded your voucher in for a new Annual Passport. check out http://www.wdwig.com/apass.htm or Deb's site.

When you buy a new annual pass you receive a voucher. Exchange the voucher on the day you check in the hotel or enter the park. This becomes your anniversary date or renewal date for your next year annual pass.

You do not need the annual pass until you check in the room. So you can make your room reservation with annual pass discount as soon as the AP discounts are available. Make your room ressie now. Then change to the AP discount ASAP! Make sure you have the annual pass at check in. If you fly you can get them at the airport.

;) :bounce: :bounce: :p :bounce: :jester: :cool: :o

I understood that new annual passholders would (if you order them or purchase them anywhere other than at the parks) receive a voucher, then you activate the ticket on your first visit. I just used the Disney Club line to order my Annual Passes and was told that I should wait because they are activated at the time of purchase.......should I just call back and get another operator? Now I'm nervous about this whole thing. I like to have tickets in my hand when i get there, but not if I'm going to be losing days!

What to do - what to do.

I'll call and talk to someone else - I'd really like to get this expense out of the way.

Foreva, will you let us know wbat you find out? I'm considering APs for my family and would like to buy them in advance, also.

Thanks!

You can buy AP whenever, you will get a voucher. It is not activated till you exchange it at one of the parks for your actual pass. The day you activate at the park is the anniversary date.

I just got off the phone with Isabella from the Disney Club line. After 'speaking with someone' she confirmed that if I order the annual passes over the phone, I will be sent a certificate that must be taken to one of the parks. At that time the annual pass will be issued and that will be the anniversary date. Sorry I confused matters!

The previous posters are correct. A new AP gets a voucher that will be activated on first use. If you'd prefer to find out directly for yourself, call the WDW Pass office at 407-560-7277

Thanks for all the info! I'm glad that the passes "anniversary date" wouldn't go into effect until the first use. That gives me a lot more time to use it again in 2003!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter