Questions about a few things please.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo

<font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Okay, I've been to Walt Disney World twice now. I admit we didn't get to do much on the first trip with the whole family during Christmas week, but I thought I did just about EVERYTHING that we hadn't done during my recent solo trip.

Now I keep hearing this and that about a few things and I'm really confused now.

Illuminations- is this not just fireworks? I haven't seen it up close but I met another DISer near the boat at Int. Gateway and we watched Illuminations before going to Beaches and Cream from there. I thought it was just fireworks -so I thought watching them through the trees was fine.
But I hear others talking about how it's an attraction in of itself and others crying when they see it/etc... so it MUST be more than just fireworks? Can someone explain what it is to me?

"Figment" or "imagination" or something like that. What is this??? I did every ride that Epcot had on it's park guide and yet this is mentioned as a "great" ride and I couldn't even find it on there! I also saw a picture on here of someone's child when they mentioned it -with a very bright colorful "thing" behind him in the picture and I totally didn't recognize it at all. So what are y'all talking about? Please help me find this so we don't miss it next time!

That's all for now. I think there was one other thing I was confused about but I can't remember it at the moment. LOL

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Illuminations IS more than fireworks. There are lights around world showcase, lasers and a large "earth" ball out in the water that has changing images on it. The music also is an important part of the whole show.

The Journey into Your Imagination ride is often referred to as "Figment." From your desciption, I have no idea what the picture you're referring to is, but it MIGHT be one of the ones you can take and e-mail in Image Works (an imagination "playground"), which is at the end of the Imagination ride.

Figment is a character in the Journey to Imagination attraction. It is located in the future world section next to the Honey I shrunk the audience attraction.

I couldn't understand all the hype about Illuminations on our trip the world ball spin out in to the lake half opened and then it was over...... no lazers ....... no fireworks...I thought it was the lamest thing I had ever seen. There was no explaination. Just an announcement that Epcot was closing.

It was only when I got back that I found out that there had been a glitch that night and the show stopped early.

So,we missed Illuminations!

We've seen it so many times, that we hadn't planned on seeing it the night we met you. The International walkway was just a convenient place to meet...and when we feel like a walk before we do our ice cream, we often will walk over to watch the fireworks....which is about all you can see if you aren't using a pass...although we usually watch from the bridge closer to Boardwalk..it's a little higher, but would have made it more complicated to meet you. We don't always have an AP to use just for the illuminations, and my friend that was with us, didn't have a pass. It's nice, but it's never brought me to tears..or even close to it. We have some great fireworks shows up here in NY, over the capital and NYC. Epcot is just another one of those to us..nice, and very American. If I had realized you hadn't seen it at all, we would have been happy to wait for you, while you went back in.

DMRick, I don't know why you just said all that stuff because I sure wasn't complaining about not seeing it that night! Just explaining why I saw it from where I did not even realizing at the time that it was more than just fireworks! I honestly thought it was just fireworks until recently. So I certainly wasn't thinking I was missing out on anything by being over there. :) Please don't think I was complaining... just explaining why I hadn't seen more than just fireworks and that's all I thought it was! LOL

Someone please describe a little more about Journey to Imagination attraction? Because I can visualize the whole park including Honey I shrunk the Audience but I still don't know what you are talking about. It's not on the map guide I still have either. :(

I can visualize the whole park including Honey I shrunk the Audience but I still don't know what you are talking about. It's not on the map guide I still have either.
Bibbidy, are you sure it is not on your park map????
Journey into your Imagination is definately beside HISTA.

Carene

I just checked my Epcot map from our last trip and its not on there. Isnt that funny? I believe the ride was opened when we were there, because I was planning to do it, but we just ran out of time that night.

Anyway on the map it says...

9 Imagination!
Presented by Kodak
Use your imagination and experience more of ours in this fun filled area of Epcot.

Attractions
Honey I Shrunk The Audience
(explaination)
Image Works-The Kodak "What If" Labs
(explaination)

We did ride it 2 trips ago, so I know it is there. But its not on my map. :confused:

Okay then...............
Bibbidy, are you sure it is not on your park map????
I just checked my Epcot map from our last trip and its not on there. Isnt that funny?
Sorry Bibbidy - it is usually there. I Guess i had to see your park map.

Carene

I'm looking at my park map from December 2002 and it is not on there. However, I know the ride was there because we rode it twice. It's in the area marked #9. You exit into the "What If" labs. My kids had a blast playing with the things in there. Plus, that's where they bought their Figments -- purple, pink dinosaur type creature.

Not sure why it isn't marked more clearly though. :confused:

Okay, I think i figured out what happened. Were you there in winter or spring 2002? If so then you wouldn't have had a chance to see Figment or the Journey ride.

Why? Because it was being updated, therefor it was out of commission and probably removed from the maps for that period also. It was under rehab from October 2001 until June 2002.

"20 April 2002: Journey Into Imagination with Figment

Figment is back! The playful purple dragon who captured millions of hearts at Walt Disney World Resort returns to Epcot in June to once again demonstrate the power of imagination.
Journey Into Imagination with Figment invites guests to an open house at the Imagination Institute led by Dr. Nigel Channing, who plans to show how the five senses can influence a person’s imagination."

Hope this helps.

Journey into Imagination is a nice little ride that takes you on a silly little trip thru your senses. The journey is more fun because of this little dragon type guy (Figment) who messes with the tour gides presentation a bit in each area AND that catchy little tune that sticks in your head for years afterwords. Pretty fun ride.

Illuminations - you really are missing it if you don't go into World Showcase and position yourself along the lake somewhere. The music and naration adds tons to this. If you catch it on a night with bad weather or for some reason a glitch - try and get back for it again. The entire show is worth seeing. (the fireworks themselves are OK, but the combined show is a winner for us.)

- lori

My map is from the last week of August, 2002, and like I said its not there. I wonder if they were using old maps without it, until those ran out. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter