Question: Vacation package and Bedshare

eengmd

Earning My Ears
My date to book is in two days for the package. We are a family of five (ds13, did 10&7). I am confused about my options for rooms. The site states select bed if child is over 4 (not bedshare) but that takes away any option for miracosta. Why present the option to bedshare for the 7&10? Three beds and a trundle seems ample enough and my girls wouldn’t mind bed sharing.

Can my family of five book a vacation package and stay at the miracosta and not have this mess up our tickets and fast passes?

Thanks for any help.

The max bedshare age is 12, not 4. Your younger children will be fine to share with each other or with you.

Can you link to the page that has those incorrect details? Just trying to figure out if there was a mistranslation or what!

My date to book is in two days for the package. We are a family of five (ds13, did 10&7). I am confused about my options for rooms. The site states select bed if child is over 4 (not bedshare) but that takes away any option for miracosta. Why present the option to bedshare for the 7&10? Three beds and a trundle seems ample enough and my girls wouldn’t mind bed sharing.

Can my family of five book a vacation package and stay at the miracosta and not have this mess up our tickets and fast passes?

Thanks for any help.

When you need 4+ beds, that when things get tricky.

It is very confusing but here is simple-ish way to look at it.

5 guests in room
2 adults (18+) --- each person is required to have own bed.
1 child (age 12-17) --- required to have own bed.
2 child (age up to 11) --- can share a bed with 1 adult. / in your case your 10 & 7 year old can share a bed.

In total you only need a room with 3 beds.
By only needing 3 beds you have a whole range of options to choose from when booking rooms.

When searching make sure you indicate your search like this:

upload_2019-1-14_11-13-40.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks for any help.

What do you mean by messing it up? Just want to make sure :)

When you need 4+ beds, that when things get tricky.

It is very confusing but here is simple-ish way to look at it.

5 guests in room
2 adults (18+) --- each person is required to have own bed.
1 child (age 12-17) --- required to have own bed.
2 child (age up to 11) --- can share a bed with 1 adult. / in your case your 10 & 7 year old can share a bed.

In total you only need a room with 3 beds.
By only needing 3 beds you have a whole range of options to choose from when booking rooms.

When searching make sure you indicate your search like this:

View attachment 375547

Hope this helps!
Max bedshare age is 12, not 11.

I don’t think OP is confused about how to book as they mentioned being given the bedshare option for the younger children. I think OP received conflicting information on another part of the site & that’s what they’re requesting clarification on.

Thanks for all the help. Here is what my page looks like on safari.

I can select bedshare and my research seems to indicate it will be ok. Just seems to violate the rule above.

I will work on getting the image to post. I have a very similar screen but for the 7 & 10 year old I am allowed to select bedshare but the site states “if you are planning to stay at an official TDR hotel and have a child age 4 or older, please select “Bed.”

I just want to make sure that if I select bedshare, when we arrive they don’t balk. Everything I read seems like your advice is spot on.

Max bedshare age is 12, not 11.

I don’t think OP is confused about how to book as they mentioned being given the bedshare option for the younger children. I think OP received conflicting information on another part of the site & that’s what they’re requesting clarification on.

This is exactly right. I’m going to book the vacation package and just select bedshare.

This is exactly right. I’m going to book the vacation package and just select bedshare.

Select bed share. Everything will be okay :)

Beds are not as large as in the US but 1 adult & 1 child will fit just fine on a bed.

Thanks fellow Disney fans. Got my vacation package for Miracosta Porto Paradiso superior room with harbor view.

Thanks fellow Disney fans. Got my vacation package for Miracosta Porto Paradiso superior room with harbor view.
Might want to check on that room. Overseas packages do not have access to Harbor View rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter