Question royal castle

Kimberly Adams

Earning My Ears
So we just found out we are coming to Disney for a cheer competition and of course all dining reservations are full, has anyone ever had any luck just going to the castle and getting dining? It’s just me and my daughter. I’m sure this is a dumb question but I thought I’d try and ask anyway. Any advice?

Extremely unlikely. It is almost always fully booked and it's a pre-paid meal so everyone who has a reservation is going to show up rather than forfeit the entire cost of the meal. Instead they'll cancel if their plans change so keep checking for cancellations, even up to the last minute. You can subscribe to the cancellation thread for your month at the top of this forum. Also, many have had luck with the Touring Plans reservation finder.

So we just found out we are coming to Disney for a cheer competition and of course all dining reservations are full, has anyone ever had any luck just going to the castle and getting dining? It’s just me and my daughter. I’m sure this is a dumb question but I thought I’d try and ask anyway. Any advice?
Keep checking for reservations, especially since it’s only 2 people something will deffintaly Open up within 2 weeks of ur travel date is the most cancelations! I just got one for me and my two girls for lunch in April! Although we have a party of 7 but the boys will be doing something with their dad! It seems to be harder to find late reservations for bigger parties!

I agree with PP about using the free Touring Plans reservation finder. They have come through each time I've used them. Also, there are a lot of cancellations the days before as people change their plans, illness, etc. We have found amazing ADR's the day before and day of!

We're going for a cheer competition too! D2 Summit! I checked the week we found out we were going and happened to see a booking for CRT available for 6 - so it's very possible. I haven't seen another one since then, but I haven't been looking too hard. The last time I went to CRT, I remember being able to switch my booking twice the week before my trip as people dropped theirs, so I ended up with a better time than I originally had. Keep looking and I'm sure they'll pop up the week of or a few days before.

I had some luck getting a BOG reservation using *********** dot com and seting up an alert for when a reservation opens. Might help you with CRT because they have an alert option for it, but that restaurant for cheer week almost sounds like mission impossible when attempting a reservation lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Once I walked by and there was a lady outside asking if anyone wanted to dine they had a table for 3 available. I'm guessing someone was a no-show. But this is definitely rare and I wouldn't bank on it happening. Your best bet is signing up for a reservation finder and booking ahead of time

With Prepay dining you aren't likely to see many cancellations, So I agree it's unlikely.
You would have to get real lucky:)

Try looking online at like 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. that's the way I did it.

Use the touring plans reservation finder. I have been lucky enough to pick up one I wanted with it. Also- check online yourself daily- multiple times a day if you can. Also, it certainly doesn't hurt to go to the Castle and ask. I have seen people get in. You have to be really flexible though- I have seen them tell someone that they could fit them in right then, but not later. I would go check right when you get there and if they don't have anything then , I would go back and check a few more times that day. Sometimes things open up-- maybe people are rotating through faster than expected or something comes up at the last minute where a party doesn't make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter