Question reguarding Loews First Gold membership

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
Just had a thought and was hoping someone would be able to elaborate for me. I booked a deluxe room with my Entertainment card and was told at the time of reservation that I would not be able to get an upgrade. Here's the thought: what if I would call back and book a standard room, in lieu of the deluxe, using whatever discount I can that allows me to upgrade. I would then let them know that I am aware that because of being a Gold member I am supposed to be guaranteed a premium upgrade(my Loews brochure words it exactly that way) I've read on another thread that the guarantee does not always work. How can they guarantee something that's not possible all the time. (It's almost like false advertising) Anyway, I know a Loews Blue only entitles you to an upgrade if available but a Gold clearly states that we are guaranteed.

Any thoughts on how I should handle this or just leave my reservation where it is.

you must read the small (very small print) on the web site. It is by availability only. Most of the time it is to a King Suite for Platinum as we are.

FeeFee, you're definitely right about the small print! I am gold and tried to do the "guaranteed" $35 upgrade to a suite. Supposedly, their "suite" upgrade is for the executive suit only which holds 3 people.......does our family of 4 no good. Still won't stop me from trying for an upgrade from our stand. club level when I check in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter