Question regarding the card and lanyards...

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

I have a few questions:

How do you call the RCCL card that unlocks your cabin/that you charge expenses on ? (In WDW it's called Key to the World, on Carnival it is called "Sail and sign".) ...

Also, if you want to wear it as a lanyard is there a hole in it or do you need a plastic sleeve?

Or is there some new technology on the RCCL like a medallion or a bracelet or something?

Thanks in advance.

It's a "Sea Pass" card.

They will punch a hole in it for you if you want in the terminal or guest services or the stores or the kids club...

There is the wow band (wristband) but only on a few oasis and quantum class ships. And I think they cost $5 but you'll still need the card to get on and off the ship.

It's a "Sea Pass" card.

They will punch a hole in it for you if you want in the terminal or guest services or the stores or the kids club...

There is the wow band (wristband) but only on a few oasis and quantum class ships. And I think they cost $5 but you'll still need the card to get on and off the ship.

I'll be on the Mariner so it will be the card. Thanks for all the information. :)

So yeah I think Mariner uses the mag stripe/bar code cards so you can punch a hole in them. Guest Services tends to have a designated hole puncher on Day 1.

Harmony, Symphony and the Quantum class use rfid so if you have a DCL lanyard they would be useful here. They have a limited supply of pouches on board as well.

So yeah I think Mariner uses the mag stripe/bar code cards so you can punch a hole in them. Guest Services tends to have a designated hole puncher on Day 1.

Harmony, Symphony and the Quantum class use rfid so if you have a DCL lanyard they would be useful here. They have a limited supply of pouches on board as well.

I planned on bringing my DCL lanyard.

I have a DCL lanyard but also several I got at the Dollar Store. The ship will sell several designs as well.
Denise

I have a DCL lanyard but also several I got at the Dollar Store. The ship will sell several designs as well.
Denise

How expensive are they?

I have a hard time with the idea of paying 10$ for a lanyard when I can get one for free or 1$ at the dollar store. LOL

I saw a bunch of cruise luggage tags and lanyards on Amazon. I would usually pick the Dollar Tree, but I do want waterproof lanyards. Does anyone know if the Dollar Tree lanyards are water proof?

How expensive are they?

I have a hard time with the idea of paying 10$ for a lanyard when I can get one for free or 1$ at the dollar store. LOL
I think the ship ones are $10, but they are covered with sparkles and other decorations on the lanyard portion so look really nice. I don't think the dollar ones are waterproof, but I haven't tried them in the water. I haven't bought a ship one!
Denise

I wear a lanyard at work and I bought a fancy one on RCL that I wear here. I never actually used it on the ship! They do sell them in the waiting area before you board (and they will also punch your card for you there) and they also sell them on the ship. Mine looks more like a necklace which I like for work. But I also got kiddo one with flames on it that he really likes. I think it was $10. The fancy one was $12 I believe. They do have sales though sometimes, two for whatever.

Everyone at works asks me where I got mine, so if you need one at work it's nice to have!

I put my card in my pocket . . .

why would I want to 'wear it' ?????

Mrs has me carry hers most of the time as well . . .

I do NOT want to wear it .... no way

I always wore my card with a lanyard. It's "routine" to me. Also, a lot of lady pants/shorts don't have pockets.

We brought our Castaway Club lanyards on RCL last year. Honestly, I used it the first day then put not afterwards. I had plenty of pockets in shorts and even my bathing suit, so I found that preferable to wearing the lanyard around my neck all the time. I'll leave the lanyard home next time. I get it if you don't have pockets though...

We brought our Castaway Club lanyards on RCL last year. Honestly, I used it the first day then put not afterwards. I had plenty of pockets in shorts and even my bathing suit, so I found that preferable to wearing the lanyard around my neck all the time. I'll leave the lanyard home next time. I get it if you don't have pockets though...

I'm just so used to wear it around my neck (or around my wrist at times). It's my "cruise normal".

If more women's clothing (especially sundresses and bathing suit coverups) came with pockets, I wouldn't need a lanyard either. And since my husband and I like to do different things on the ship, it would be most inconvenient for him to have my card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!