Question regarding existing reservations

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this question has been asked about a thousand times so I begin with an apology.
Can someone tell me how you go about receiving discounts on existing reservations.
Say I have the DC....or planning to get an AP....I call CRO and then what??
Do they cancel my existing reservation (deposit already paid) OR do they just "credit" my account with the reduced rate??
I really thank anyone for advice on this topic!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

In 2000, I changed my DC rate to an AP rate and this is how it worked:

The DC rate was through WDTC . . .I had paid a $100 deposit.

When I got the AP rate, I did that with CRO . . .I had to pay a one night's deposit. I then had to call back DC and cancel my ressie with them . . .they sent me my $100 deposit back.

As far as I know, if you switch from a DC rate to an AP rate, they don't credit your account . . .but that was in 2000 . . .haven't done that yet for our upcoming trips . . .

Hope I helped a little

I have changed my ressies several times, and they cancel my old reservation, give me a new ressie number and send a new confirmation. They will transfer over your deposit to your new reservation. However, if your room price goes down, they don't give you back part of the deposit you already paid. It is just applied to the cost of your new room. I upgraded to a moderate though, and they didn't ask for more money for my deposit. They said the deposit I had already paid for the ASMo (which was less) was good enough until check-in. Now, I have only changed ressies from one resort to another, so I don't know if it is different if you just change your rate at the same resort. Hopefully someone else will know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter