Question Re: Zip Lines

FinallyBoughtDVC

<font color=blue>That reminds me of the first time
Hi all.

I have NO desire to do a zip line. How is this handled? I'm sure my kids and husband would love to do it. I, on the other hand, am having a panic attack just thinking about it.

I can't possibly be the first person who wouldn't want to do this. Anyone be in a similar situation? How was it handled? Thanks!

When we did the Costa Rica trip, the people that did not want to go on the zip line went on an arial tram tour, and walk through the forest. One guide went with each group. Both groups met back up with each other right after their activities.

When we did the Costa Rica trip, the people that did not want to go on the zip line went on an arial tram tour, and walk through the forest. One guide went with each group. Both groups met back up with each other right after their activities.

I think most trips are set up with alternate activities. For Flavors of France, I didn't kayak -- I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't swim -- and we saw everyone off and rode the bus to the end of their journey. While we waited, we wandered through the museum's bookstore and then met them when they returned. There were four of us and one guide, and we really had a nice time waiting -- not boring at all.

For the bike trip, some opted to hike instead.

We had a few "older folk" on this trip, so the activities were a little intimidating for them when they first saw the itinerary. I think it turned out to be one of their best trips so far (they've done four). We also had an 81-year-old woman who kayaked -- she was incredible! I sometimes had a hard time keeping up with her and I'm almost 30 years younger!

Dotti

Hello, I'm WITH YOU! I am extremely afraid of heights! However, my daughter who is 25 really wants to do the zip line. I spoke with one of the ABD reps. yesterday and he told me that they have a smaller "bunny slope" type zipline for the faint of heart and also, the higher zip line is a series of ziplines. You can got up to the big girl one and if you are still to afraid one of the guides can walk you down on a path. However if you go all the way to the top (1,200 feet) you HAVE to zip line down because there are no paths to walk back down. I just read one posting that talked about an aerial tram ride on lplace of the zipline. Now that I can do!

Just got back from Costa Rica last night! As others have said, zip-lining is optional. You can try the 2 training lines (short and low from the ground) and then decide - or you can just opt not to do it at all. In either case, you'll ride the tram to the top of the mountain and then do a very cool guided nature walk. Afterwards you'll ride the tram back down to meet the zip-liners.

Now, if you do the training lines and then decide to do the first 'real' zip-line, you are committed (there's no going back). If you're having issues after that first line, a zip-line guide can ride tandem with you for the remainder of the journey.

It's a lot of fun. We had 2 people who were afraid of heights do this *and* we had a grandmother who did the lines.

I'm afraid of heights and I did it. Don't know why, but once we got started I wasn't afraid at all and I loved every minute of it. My eight-year-old loved it too, but he's not afraid of anything. :)

I have done a zipline before and my Dh and kids also. DH is very afraid of Hts but said he would give it a go...he loved it. My kids 11 and 14 were also very nervous and wanted to bow out ....but decided to do it and can't wait till we are able to do it again.

It is a lot of fun. We had a 9 y.o and 3 ..11 y.o and up in our group and they also loved it. I cant even stand high up and loo down without my feet wanting to give way from underneath me....but this was different...you are surrounded by the Rain forest and all the brush...you dont even have to look down..

Hope ya change your mind and try it :thumbsup2

yeah, I agree with everyone here, you'll definitely be fine.

On my Flavors of France trip, I kayaked ( and LOVED it! ) but afterward everyone went on the Pont du Gard Channel Walk, which involved going way up to the top.
I'm horribly afraid of heights, and I talked to my guides and they said it was fine. One of the guides walked with me to where they would be ending and we got coffee :P
And I was the only one to stay down. They're extremely accommodating :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter