Question on extending an existing reservation

Liquidice

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I rented points for Beach Club on 1/12 - 1/17 and now my wife wants to know if we can extend our reservation to 1/18 instead. I asked the person who I rented the points from who said they will check - but that it would require a separate reservation number.

I have a few questions about this:

1. Can you not extend the existing reservation if the date is available?
2. If I need to make a 2nd reservation, and it is for the exact same room type, does this mean I have to switch rooms?
3. How does this impact something like the Disney Magical Express?
4. What if I rent from someone else / take over someone's existing reservation, would this essentially be the same as #2?
5. If I buy the Dining Plan - how would this work? Do I need to buy 2 dining plans, one for each reservation?

Last edited:
1. If the same room type is available for the owner then they can just modify it and add the last night. With that nothing would change on your end.

2. No they can link them together--however this wouldn't be needed--see point 1

3. You would have to update DME with the new departure flight info. assuming that changes with the extra night.

4&5. Im not sure

Thanks appreciate the answers! If anyone knows the answers for #4 or #5, please let me know.

Beach Club is very popular and it is doubtful any reservations are currently available for that time. It is possible. It is also possible it might pop out on the wait list. But it most likely will not be available to reserve right now.

4. yes same as 2
5. depends, if same room and just an extension then you would have to pay for one more day of dining plan. If switching rooms for last day, then up to you if you add DP. You would have your credits good until 11:59pm of the night you check out of your main res.

As to 4 and 5....I think the answer is "maybe" - you can't call MS to link reservations and the owner can't link a reservation from a different owner. So you'll likely end up with two dining plans and having to switch rooms - although its possible they can keep you in the same room when you check in.

But its likely moot. The chances there is availability at BCV at this point in time for January 18 are slim and none. A different owner isn't going to help, if this owner is saying they have points and can extend, it all comes down to availability - that isn't going to be any different for a different owner. I hope its slim and you get extended, but set your expectations at not likely

Thanks all - A confirmed reservation for those dates would be possible though right?

Or worst case scenario - I can book those extra 2 days directly through Disney right? I believe Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (which will have Skyliner access by then) is $263/night, not as nice as a Deluxe Resort, but would still work.

Thanks all - A confirmed reservation for those dates would be possible though right?
If one exists for the single night that you need. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.
Or worst case scenario - I can book those extra 2 days directly through Disney right? I believe Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (which will have Skyliner access by then) is $263/night, not as nice as a Deluxe Resort, but would still work.
You could certainly book any cash reservation for which you can find availability. There’s nothing to stop you from doing a split stay.

If one exists for the single night that you need. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

You could certainly book any cash reservation for which you can find availability. There’s nothing to stop you from doing a split stay.

Yeah my wife has now said she wouldn't mind staying the weekend, so possibly easier to find a confirmed reservation for 1/17 - 1/19 I'm hoping :) She started planning for the week and realized we can't do everything we want in the 5 days. Live and learn!

Its unlikely you will find that either. You are going to be looking for someone who can't take their trip and needs to cancel in a way where they won't be able to use their points, who has the same resort and room you want for those two nights - AND no one else grabs that reservation - which is MLK weekend. It isn't likely. You should book a cash stay and plan on moving, or just plan on doing less.

DVC can be a great savings over CRO, but what is doesn't give you is flexibility to change plans. Especially as a renter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter