Question on EE and Mickey's Toontown Madness (going from one to the other)

CindyH

Mouseketeer
I am REALLY excited - a coworker went to DL earlier this month. I asked her if by chance she had received MTM vouchers but didn't use them (her kids are all adults) and she hadn't, but even better, she still had them and gave them to me! Woo hoo!

My question is this: I'm planning to do both EE and MTM on the same day. How does it work logistically? We'll get into Fantasyland at 7am (DL opens at 8am), then at 8am, we walk over to Toontown? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question, I'm just trying to picture it. Thanks!

:cool1:

Sounds like a plan to me. Toon Town is at the back of Fantasyland (behind its a small world), so just work your way around Fantasyland and then head back to Toon Town.

disneychrista said:
Sounds like a plan to me. Toon Town is at the back of Fantasyland (behind its a small world), so just work your way around Fantasyland and then head back to Toon Town.

We never got a chance to go into Toontown last year, so my boys will be very excited to go. :banana:

If time and date constraints don't require you to do both on the same day, I'd consider splitting it up, and hear's why.

On a day when the park opens at 8am and Fantasyland EE starts at 7am, the light crowds seem to continue past 8am for about an hour. So, you really have 2 full hours to tour a semi-empty Fantasyland. The right plan really makes this a valuable tool. During the first hour, focus on the attractions that will be "first choices" by the guests coming through the gates at 8am. Matterhorn, Pan, Dumbo, and slow loaders like Canal Boats and Alice. Then, at 8, move to Snow White, Tea Cups, Pinocchio, Toad, Carousel, you've already got a bit of a jump since you are in Fantasyland already and the guests are still coming in. It really works out great. So, I would say, if you can, save ToonTown Madness for another day.

gcurling said:
If time and date constraints don't require you to do both on the same day, I'd consider splitting it up, and hear's why....It really works out great. So, I would say, if you can, save ToonTown Madness for another day.

If we do EE on Thursday and MTM on Saturday, then when DL opens at 8am (for non-EE) we go straight to Toontown, right? But my concern is this: we'd have to be at the front gates by around 7:30am in order to be at Toontown by 8am, which is when I assume the parade starts. Or would we be okay going to Toontown by 8:15, 8:30am, depending on the crowds? Thanks again for the advice!

:earsboy:

That's the problem we ran into logistically, too, CindyH...they won't let you into DL early for Toontown Madness, and we were worried we'd miss something if it took us 15 or so minutes to get back there.

So, we used it on an EE day, but obviously, we did miss out on some short lines as a result.

Having been to Toontown Madness, this is what you can expect if you get in right away. Very short lines for meet and greets with Mickey, Chip, Dale, etc. who are all hanging around near the entrance. Then at about 20 past the hour, the Mayor and Mickey and friends hold a special 10 minute ceremony (everyone is given a button proclaiming them an Honorary Citizen). After the ceremony, the characters go to their houses and again, the lines aren't took long for meet and greets.

It was a fun experience. :)

KMH1 said:
That's the problem we ran into logistically, too, CindyH...they won't let you into DL early for Toontown Madness, and we were worried we'd miss something if it took us 15 or so minutes to get back there.

So, we used it on an EE day, but obviously, we did miss out on some short lines as a result.

I think we'll use both EE and MTM on Thursday. Our 1st day there will actually be Wednesday, so I think I'll use that time to ask my boys which rides in Fantasyland they want to do the next day (saves time standing around and asking them...) to be efficient at EE, then head over to MTM. At the very least, sounds like a great opportunity to get pics with the characters. Thanks so much! :earsboy:

Ok, I'm totally confused!

We were planning on doing EE on a Thursday, then MTM on a Saturday.

I know that Toontown opens an hour after the park opens...Park opens at 8am, Toontown at 9. So, on an early entry day when the park opens at 7...does Toontown open at 8 or 9?

peachgirl said:
So, on and early entry day when the park opens at 7...does Toontown open at 8 or 9?

On an EE day where DL normally opens at 8am, then EE is at 7am. Toontown normally would open at 9am, but MTM is from 8-9am.

Did I get that right? :teacher:

I know you're not asking me, because I'm the confused one!;) But, if you're right, then Toontown always opens at 9 and MTM always starts at 8...at least for the current park hours.

I think I'm getting confused because of the fact that MTM and EE are always on the same days...

So, is the idea that if you don't do EE and MTM on the same day, you miss some of the activities at MTM because those doing both will already be in the park? I had thought that if you had MTM vouchers, you'd be allowed to enter the park early.

I really am confused, huh?

peachgirl said:
So, is the idea that if you don't do EE and MTM on the same day, you miss some of the activities at MTM because those doing both will already be in the park? I had thought that if you had MTM vouchers, you'd be allowed to enter the park early.

I think you'd miss some of MTM if you didn't get in on EE that morning - I mean, even if you were at the rope drop at 8am, it would still take a few minutes to get over to Toontown.

So it looks like it would be best to do EE and MTM on the same day. Unfortunately, we won't get to use EE to its maximum advantage, but I guess I'm just happy to have the chance to use both EE and MTM at all! :cloud9:

Sounds like you have the same dilemma we do!

I guess I've had bigger problems....:)

Thanks for the explanations, I've got 5 days to make the big choice!

peachgirl said:
Thanks for the explanations, I've got 5 days to make the big choice!

If you have time when you get back, can you let me know what you decided to do, and how it worked out for you? (We're going in early August.) Thanks so much, and have lots of fun!

:wave:

We'll be there next Wednesday through Sunday. At the moment, we're leaning towards losing a little MTM time in order to get more done when it's not so crowded.

If the crowd levels are less than I expect them to be, we may change the plan. I'll be happy to let you know how it turns out.

Well, we're back so I thought I'd let you know what we finally did regarding Morning Madness and EE.

We did decide to do each separately. We did EE on Thursday and then Toontown Morning Madness on Saturday.

It worked very well! It was so crowded during our stay that we really needed all the extra time we could get and we just didn't want to waste the early entry time by going to Toontown at 8am on the early entry day.

Even though the park opens to everyone at 8am, it really didn't get busy on Thursday until around 11 or so. By not going to ToonTown at 8am, we had 3 full hours to get on rides without standing in lines.

On Saturday, we were actually first in line to get in at 8am and we only arrived at the gates about a half hour early. When we got to Toontown, there were very few people there. We watched the little parade that Mickey and friends have, each got our buttons and had plenty of time to meet and greet all we wanted in the first hour before it opened to the rest of the park.

As far as getting to the gates early...We noticed that for some reason everyone gets in a single line at the gates. However, there are 2 turnstiles at each gate. When the gates open, the crowds seem to realize this and suddenly start splitting into 2 lines. We learned the first day to just walk up to the gate and start forming a second line before the gates open.

Also, if you don't get there early and the lines are long, stand over by the gates that are already opened for the EE crowd. Just a few minutes before opening at 8am, these gates convert to regular guests and you can walk right in, nearly first in line while the mile long lines at the other gates are still standing there!

Good luck with your choice!

Just a few questions...

peachgirl said:
As far as getting to the gates early...We noticed that for some reason everyone gets in a single line at the gates. However, there are 2 turnstiles at each gate. When the gates open, the crowds seem to realize this and suddenly start splitting into 2 lines. We learned the first day to just walk up to the gate and start forming a second line before the gates open.
Are you talking about the regular gates?

peachgirl said:
Also, if you don't get there early and the lines are long, stand over by the gates that are already opened for the EE crowd. Just a few minutes before opening at 8am, these gates convert to regular guests and you can walk right in, nearly first in line while the mile long lines at the other gates are still standing there!
Are the gates for EE clearly designated, or do you need to find them?

Thanks again!

Yes, I'm talking about the regular gates at the entrance to DL.

The gates for EE are clearly marked. Also, if you're coming in from Downtown Disney, they are the gates that are the furthest from you. It won't be hard to see which section is EE and which is for the regular opening time.

Also, there was no line at all when we got to ToonTown and very few people actually inside Toontown. It appeared to me that not many opt to use their EE and ToonTown passes on the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter